OP Recognized Themer
Flag Auckland City
Thanks Meter: 1,962

2,459 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk

Man, I'm flattered by the appreciation of my work (it was my first Android ever app) but...

I'm still alive and kicking and replying to people who ask me for the best combination for governor, frequencies and so on. It's just that I felt the app didn't need a UI overhaul.

You lost your computer and your project files, didn't you? Will you start again from scratch?

I appreciate you credited my work, as other people have took both the source code and the Play Store description to use as their own app. Man, that sucks!

Woah! I never thought someone like you would ever see this aha. I've been a great big fan of your work especially with No Frills CPU as it's always been my choice when setting my own kernel settings.

And yeah I agree it didn't need a user interface overhaul. I have to admit man, I was a bit of a noob then and didn't know much about design. Quite frankly what you see isn't even material design but whatever, it was still an attempt.

And as for my project files, I have lost it. Well sort of, my old PC is in the garage and the SSD in it is completely fine. The files can be recovered but honestly. I can't be bothered, there's no point on competing with the current CPU Managers out there. I could start again sometime if you think it would be a good idea as I've actually started working with programming and design correctly. So that could be an option in the future.

And no worries man! Credits have been important for me, even if the person helped a bit (they still helped). So crediting you for the major work had to be done because you're the actual developer , it sucks to know when people take your work and give absolutely no credit, all your hard work gets taken away and re-credited to someone who didn't do anything originally.

Sorry for the long long response. Haha.
I hope your future projects go well! You're the true kernel manager hero.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheArc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2015, 10:41 PM   |  #92  
Recognized Developer
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1,043

1,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm always bothered by UI overhauls when they're made for change's sake. I think ICS/JB/KK had a good paradigm and I can't stand the new Material design. But, hey, that's me!

No-frills is "true" to its name, but I understand people who like new and shiny stuff may like to see some more pastel in it

If you're taking the road of development, keep in mind that this app was a first attempt, now devices are different and allow far more customization (in a fragmented way). The approach I took is not optimal, I'd rewrite huge parts of it (but, hey, it has been working fine for years). Development can be fun, don't let users dictate what to do, learn to say no even when it means 1-star reviews. I mean "add the percentage of energy saved by using the app"... seriously? any app doing that is not even offering a placebo, it's ****ting up random numbers!

Have a nice day, you even got a review in the portal, I don't know if my own app ever made it there!
The Following User Says Thank You to hrk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2015, 11:12 PM   |  #93  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Auckland City
Thanks Meter: 1,962

2,459 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk

I'm always bothered by UI overhauls when they're made for change's sake. I think ICS/JB/KK had a good paradigm and I can't stand the new Material design. But, hey, that's me!

No-frills is "true" to its name, but I understand people who like new and shiny stuff may like to see some more pastel in it

If you're taking the road of development, keep in mind that this app was a first attempt, now devices are different and allow far more customization (in a fragmented way). The approach I took is not optimal, I'd rewrite huge parts of it (but, hey, it has been working fine for years). Development can be fun, don't let users dictate what to do, learn to say no even when it means 1-star reviews. I mean "add the percentage of energy saved by using the app"... seriously? any app doing that is not even offering a placebo, it's ****ting up random numbers!

Have a nice day, you even got a review in the portal, I don't know if my own app ever made it there!

Yeah I've seen a great amount of people disliking material design and that is user preference and one can understand that. So you not standing MD is nothing out if the ordinary. Thanks for your awesome words of wisdom and I'll make sure to keep them in mind when working in projects of my own.

And yeah this app did, I really don't know how but hey, it just happened. I guess it was all in the moment of hype.

Plus, are you working on anything new? Just curious

Have a nice day as well mate!
18th February 2015, 10:35 AM   |  #94  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Unhappy keep changes on boot fail
imgur.com/Mt89kS0
(↑ sry, i can't post link in msg Orz...)

max freq. is set to 960 MHz
however, min freq. is also set to 960 MHz
thus, my cpu freq. is fixed at 960 MHz ....

it's a bug, or sth else?
18th February 2015, 11:36 AM   |  #95  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Absolutely beautiful
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread