FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Smile [APP][ROOT][2.2+] Emoji Font & Keyboard Installer

19th May 2013, 01:40 PM |#1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bolton le Sands, Near Lancaster, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,053

Donate to Me
More
Emoticons on Android have always been a bit of a weird topic in terms of compatibility. For years now the people of the nomoreboxes group have been trying to solve this by porting over the Japanese fonts with all the emoticons and unicode objects within them to Android, and my aim with this app is to make it very easy to install them and a keyboard to input them

Emoji Installer
What does Emoji Installer do?
- In one tap it installs the font and xml needed for you to be able to see emoji and unicode from iPhone users and others with the font. This is extremely useful if you have friends who have iDevices and send you icons, but you just can't see them!
Features
- Easy, 1 tap installation
- Font supports Android 2.2 and above
- No messing with root file managers or permissions, no need to even download the font file manually

Note: an active internet connection is required at all times to use this app, it's used for downloading the fonts (main font is 13mb, addons are about 1mb each) as well as checking the IAPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Store Description

THIS APP DOES NOT GIVE YOU COLOUR EMOTICONS! THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE IN A FONT AND MUST BE IN THE FRAMEWORK OF YOUR DEVICE'S FIRMWARE!
This application installs the font and keyboard required for inputting and viewing emoji on Android. Please read the full description for information on how it works and what are In App Purchases
In the free version of Emoji Installer, you get the ability to install the font from http://nomoreboxes.ws fully automatically, after pressing the install button.
If you choose, you can buy the in app purchases for the following:
Emoji Keyboard 0.60 (or equivalent)
This installs a keyboard for easily inputting emoticons into any text field, including messages. Message your friends with iPhones and they will be able to see all of what you send
Emoji Keyboard is Android 4.0+. Anything below that will not be able to purchase it or the value pack
More Emoji 0.60 (or equivalent)
This installs an extra emoji font, from Android 4.2 with a few tweaks, which allows for more emoticons to be viewed and for some to be Android themed, including almost all of the faces to be cute "Andy" the Android robot icons
Value Pack 1.00 (or equivalent)
This is both of the options in one, saving almost 20% from buying them separately.
As the Emoji Keyboard is Android 4.0+, anything below that will not be able to purchase this item
Want to see those emoticons and unicode icons but end up with boxes or blank spaces? This app is for you! It installs the font required for Android to be able to see emoticons and unicode items on apps such as the following:
Messaging (SMS and MMS from even the iPhone and other devices)
Palringo (Including almost all of the unicode items and iOS users' emoticons)
WhatsApp
Kik
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Any other apps that use emoticons and unicode, even those from iOS users
Supports iOS smiileys from iOS 5 and 6 also!
Disclaimer: if you encounter any bugs with the font, that is out of my control, as this app only installs them. However, if you encounter bugs with the installation such as force closes or the app hanging, please e-mail me using the contact details below, I will try to help

Download:

Play Store

Screenshots:
Phone:

Tablet:

Having issues? Here's troubleshooting:
P: After installing there's a language that doesn't display on my device!
S: Post your ROM here and I'll get the xml from it and merge it so you can see the fonts again

P: There's some icons I can't see still!
S: I'm working on this, I know there's some, there will be a solution soon

P: I can't use in app purchases (country not supported, don't like Google Play etc.)!
S: I'm working on PayPal implementation, should be working soon

P: I have some other issue!
S: Post here, and if you can, get a Logcat. I will try to help you and solve the issue as far as I can
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unitag_qrcode_1368967991144.png
Views:	68531
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1974299  
Last edited by Quinny899; 21st July 2013 at 07:14 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

19th May 2013, 03:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 240

More
The display of Emoji is built into Android.

The advertising of paid apps is against the policy of this forum.

Please close this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk HD
19th May 2013, 03:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 474

More
Hangouts (Google Talk Update) has a very large list of emoticons. (emojis)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
19th May 2013, 04:03 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoosa

The display of Emoji is built into Android.

The advertising of paid apps is against the policy of this forum.

Please close this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk HD

Please look at the app, it is not paid. I have talked about this with other RCs and you are allowed to post it as it's free with IAPs

Also, display of emojis is NOT built into stock Android, you only get a very small amount. Go onto a service like Palringo and you will find there's loads you cannot see.

Please read and use common sense before accusing me of things
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2013, 04:03 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyEpic

Hangouts (Google Talk Update) has a very large list of emoticons. (emojis)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

It's the same list as this keyboard provides, but without colour input
19th May 2013, 04:17 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Also, display of emojis is NOT built into stock Android, you only get a very small amount.

So it is NOT built in, but you can see some?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...droid-ios.html
19th May 2013, 04:19 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So it is NOT built in, but you can see some?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...droid-ios.html

In android 4.2 and 4.1 there is a font included called "AndroidEmoji", which displays some but not others, the font this installs displays almost all of the others.

Also, I'm talking of AOSP here, not any OEM build, which may or may not have a custom TTF.

I've been looking though this stuff, and I know for sure that this is the case, otherwise why would a free app be needed to do nothing?

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using Tapatalk 4 (VIP)
19th May 2013, 04:31 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

In android 4.2 and 4.1 there is a font included called "AndroidEmoji", which displays some but not others, the font this installs displays almost all of the others.

Also, I'm talking of AOSP here, not any OEM build, which may or may not have a custom TTF.

I've been looking though this stuff, and I know for sure that this is the case, otherwise why would a free app be needed to do nothing?

There are LOADS of free apps on the Play Store that do the same stuff as stock Android. SMS apps, email apps, calendar apps, dialer apps, etc etc.

Oh well, good luck with the app, mate!
19th May 2013, 04:34 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

There are LOADS of free apps on the Play Store that do the same stuff as stock Android. SMS apps, email apps, calendar apps, dialer apps, etc etc.

Oh well, good luck with the app, mate!

Please read it again, this app is not a custom app for anything a stock device does, it installs a font on your device that allows you to see almost all emoji everywhere, which by default even 4.1 and 4.2 don't do

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using Tapatalk 4 (VIP)
19th May 2013, 04:50 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Never mind the riff raff.. Thank you for this.

Sent from that LTEVO
The Following User Says Thank You to kherryl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, emoji, emoticons, installer, unicode
Previous Thread Next Thread