Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][2.3+][V3.7.2] LocationDetector

OP BaseManAndroid

17th August 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 22

84 posts
Important: the application can work without Internet connection!

LocationDetector is full suite for travelers, fishermen and mushroom pickers! It is direct GPS Navigator to saved places.

Use navigation arrow to find the saved location you have forgot.
Use compass to get directions of North, West etc.
Send locations via sms, see all locations on map etc....
Now you can do all of these things with the only one application - LocationDetector !!!

In advanced version you have additional features like adding locations from google map or enter it numeric values, weather conditions etc.!
Also there is no advertisement in Advanced Location Detector!

Thanks for using it!

Google Play: LocationDetector

QR :

SCREENS:

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BaseManAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

84 posts
Any suggestions and opinions are appreciated
22nd August 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #3  
Flag where the Wi-Fi is.
Thanks Meter: 469

424 posts
Donate to Me
More
UI/UX comment: Gingerbread UI? No. Ever heard of Holo or Material?

developer.android.com/design/index.html
http://www.google.com/design/spec/ma...roduction.html

Sorry, I just don't get it.
Last edited by twinky444; 22nd August 2014 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Fix link
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinky444 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinky444

UI/UX comment: Gingerbread UI? No. Ever heard of Holo or Material?

developer.android.com/design/index.html
http://www.google.com/design/spec/ma...roduction.html

Sorry, I just don't get it.

Do you mean that it is difficult to understand how to use the application?
22nd August 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #5  
Flag where the Wi-Fi is.
Thanks Meter: 469

424 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseManAndroid

Do you mean that it is difficult to understand how to use the application?

It is not a nice, enjoyable experience. The design is just outdated. Making a good app is not all. The second part is a good UI, pay attention to details, then the users will be more into using it. Take a look at HRS Hotel Search app. Their app was so badly designed (Gingerbread UI elements, wrong spacing, etc.) that they had to redesign it and after they have done that, they had to start over, with new app package name, new design (finally Holo, looks gorgeous) because of the bad ratings at Play Store. There is an official Android App Design community at Google+ that you may want to check out, with Roman Nurik (Muzei, DashClock) being the one of the moderators
If other developers would make app designs still based on Gingerbread, completely ignoring design guidelines, there would in the future be no material design, uncomplete Android L (because of those outdated apps) and Android platform would loose on popularity (no high-end games, cool apps, etc., you get the idea...).

However, from the screenshots it looks like if you just swap Theme.Light for Theme.Holo.Light.DarkActionBar, for example, and then spent just a few hours making your app look against the design guidelines, trust me, it would be at a totally different level. Good luck
22nd August 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinky444

It is not a nice, enjoyable experience. The design is just outdated. Making a good app is not all. The second part is a good UI, pay attention to details, then the users will be more into using it. Take a look at HRS Hotel Search app. Their app was so badly designed (Gingerbread UI elements, wrong spacing, etc.) that they had to redesign it and after they have done that, they had to start over, with new app package name, new design (finally Holo, looks gorgeous) because of the bad ratings at Play Store. There is an official Android App Design community at Google+ that you may want to check out, with Roman Nurik (Muzei, DashClock) being the one of the moderators
If other developers would make app designs still based on Gingerbread, completely ignoring design guidelines, there would in the future be no material design, uncomplete Android L (because of those outdated apps) and Android platform would loose on popularity (no high-end games, cool apps, etc., you get the idea...).

However, from the screenshots it looks like if you just swap Theme.Light for Theme.Holo.Light.DarkActionBar, for example, and then spent just a few hours making your app look against the design guidelines, trust me, it would be at a totally different level. Good luck

Thanks a lot for your advices! Actually I'm going to redesign the app in the future, and now I think that I have to do it ASAP

Anyway, application is very helpful if you like to travel, and emphasis was made for functionality. I hope you will enjoy it anyway even with current design.
The Following User Says Thank You to BaseManAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th September 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

84 posts
May be someone has idea about functionality of this app? Is everything suitable for you?
Last edited by BaseManAndroid; 7th September 2014 at 09:11 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
arrow, gps, navigation, travel
Previous Thread Next Thread