Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,511 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0+] Meet Narrate, a Material design journal/notebook with a ton of features

Tip us?

sheraro
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhcrapitstim View Post
If anyone is interested in helping translate Narrate, I created a project on CrowdIn (https://crowdin.com/project/narrate-android-app/invite). @Blink Feed
I made some work for the FRENCH translation and now it's 77% in crowdin but I think I finished it since the only strings remaining are variables and such (to see)

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheraro View Post
I made some work for the FRENCH translation and now it's 77% in crowdin but I think I finished it since the only strings remaining are variables and such (to see)
FR translations have been done before Crowdin (except if new strings have been added).
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | OptiPurity | Uber!!!

Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer

Punkiderma
Old
Thanks Meter 143
@ohhcrapitstim I've got a big problem.

I use narrate to write down long notes; today, I was transcribing a meeting: write something, screen off, then write again, save note to see how it looks, screen off, write again etc.

Then, at the end, something very bad happened. I turn again the screen on, and I see that A LOT of content disappeared from my note. Only a little part, from the beginning to, let's say, 1/4 of what I've written remained.

Check the file on dropbox, same thing. I've lost the 80% of the text I wrote down.

It's the second time this happens to me, what could it be? Please, I can test everything you want, but this need to be fixed: I just love using Narrate when I have to take notes, but as of now I always have fear that something strange could happen and get my text erased! XD

Also, I noticed another problem: I was trying to delete a note, but instead of deleting that note, the app deleted the others, and that one remained XD

Then, last thing I've noticed but I ask here to have confirm: when the note get long after a while, I get a little lag while writing to add content. Anyone experienced this?

Thanks! I don't want to sound unpleasant or pretentious, is just I'm a little upset because I lost some data very important to me :I

dhk.-
Old
Thanks Meter 972

DONATE TO ME
I will use this instead of journey but I miss the drive sync :/

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3 8 WiFi using XDA Free mobile app
<a href=http://dhkdc.co.cc target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://dhkdc.co.cc</a>

ohhcrapitstim
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheraro View Post
Awesome, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn View Post
FR translations have been done before Crowdin (except if new strings have been added).
Good to hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkiderma View Post
@ohhcrapitstim I've got a big problem.

I use narrate to write down long notes; today, I was transcribing a meeting: write something, screen off, then write again, save note to see how it looks, screen off, write again etc.

Then, at the end, something very bad happened. I turn again the screen on, and I see that A LOT of content disappeared from my note. Only a little part, from the beginning to, let's say, 1/4 of what I've written remained.

Check the file on dropbox, same thing. I've lost the 80% of the text I wrote down.

It's the second time this happens to me, what could it be? Please, I can test everything you want, but this need to be fixed: I just love using Narrate when I have to take notes, but as of now I always have fear that something strange could happen and get my text erased! XD

Also, I noticed another problem: I was trying to delete a note, but instead of deleting that note, the app deleted the others, and that one remained XD

Then, last thing I've noticed but I ask here to have confirm: when the note get long after a while, I get a little lag while writing to add content. Anyone experienced this?

Thanks! I don't want to sound unpleasant or pretentious, is just I'm a little upset because I lost some data very important to me :I
Punkiderma, I apologize tremendously that you have lost your data. This is never my intention and my goal is to make sure that never happens. I have never experienced this nor do I know of anyone else who has. I am going to do my best to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

If I have trouble replicating this, I will get in it contact with you! As far as the issue with deleting notes, I noticed this as well :/ But don't worry, I already fixed it and it will be included in the next update!

Have a great day

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk.- View Post
I will use this instead of journey but I miss the drive sync :/

I am working on integrating Drive Sync
Narrate is a Material design journal/notes app for Android
The Following User Says Thank You to ohhcrapitstim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Good to hear
By email though
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | OptiPurity | Uber!!!

Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer

Punkiderma
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Awesome, thanks
Punkiderma, I apologize tremendously that you have lost your data. This is never my intention and my goal is to make sure that never happens. I have never experienced this nor do I know of anyone else who has. I am going to do my best to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

If I have trouble replicating this, I will get in it contact with you! As far as the issue with deleting notes, I noticed this as well :/ But don't worry, I already fixed it and it will be included in the next update!

Have a great day
Don't worry, I know is not your fault

I don't know how to reproduce it, since, as I said, it worked good for some time, then I found half of what I've written.

Could be something like this:

1. wrote down something
2.the app syncs with dropbox
3.write more text
4. the app syncs again, but in the other way, and, instead of uploaduing the updated note, download the one synced at point 2

Is just an hypothesis, again, if you have ideas let me know and I'll test to see if we can reproduce it

dhk.-
Old
Thanks Meter 972

DONATE TO ME
What about the password lock? Is it a coming feature? It is on the options but you can't select it..

I also like the idea of add photos to the post, I'm using narrate as my journal app so it could be really nice to add some pictures of my day

<a href=http://dhkdc.co.cc target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://dhkdc.co.cc</a>

jwick2866
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Android wear

I purchased the pro version and I totally love and use this app. I really like the Google voice integration. Is there any way to implement this feature to work with Android wear and my Moto 360? I can add a note from my phone but on my watch it does not add it to the Narrate app list.
Thanks for your work.
John W