No registration required

[APP][Android 3.0+] Monitordroid - Remote Administration Tool for Android

OP mephala124

16th August 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

19 posts

http://www.monitordroid.com/

I noticed a while back that there was a lack of quality Remote Administration Tools for the Android platform.

There's AndroRAT - which is notoriously buggy and difficult to setup
Dendroid - which costs $300 and is difficult to find

..and spying apps like mSpy which usually have an expensive monthly subscripton, and are only used for spying, not giving the "control" that a Remote Adminstration Tool does.

So we set out to create Monitordroid, a dedicated commercial-grade Remote Administration Tool for Android.

We have also recently made the client app open source so it is capable of being used completely free of charge.

Monitordroid is designed from the ground up to be fundamentally different than any other RAT for Android, and does not use sockets, SMS, or XMPP to send commands to devices, all of which have been proven unstable or slow.

The software was developed from the very beginning to be incredibly stable and crash-resistant, so that once you install it on a device you never have to worry about doing so again.
Monitordroid is made in a way that it is only run on the mobile device when a user sends it commands through the web application, so network usage and battery consumption are nearly non-existent.

Current features as of version 1.1:

Monitordroid is currently in its beta-release state, so more features are coming during the full release (provided free of charge for beta users)

Features currently in development:
Viewing pictures from your device remotely.
Logging the audio from Phone Calls on your device available for remote listening.
Using your device's microphone to record audio available for remote listening.

(NO FEATURES REQUIRE A ROOTED PHONE)

Monitordroid requires that you have physical access to the device, but is specifically designed for speed of installation. The client program is only 240kb and there are only two fields, a unique device name and your account email, which must be filled out before you connect the device to the server.

Unique in its field as a fully-fledged Remote Administration Tool for Android, Monitordroid is versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes including:

Remote Administration of your own devices.

Theft protection for your devices.

Parental Control software for monitoring children which you have legal custody of and are under age 18.

Employee tracking software for company owned devices.

Beware: Monitordroid is in its beta state and we have been focusing on refining the backend systems for speed and reliabity. As a consequence, we have ignored the user interface resulting in it being pretty ugly as of now, unless you're a "beauty in simplicity" kind of person.

Screenshots:

Open-Source:
The full Monitordroid Mobile (Java) and Server (PHP) application can be found at https://github.com/tyler124/. We would greatly appreciate any help from fellow developers to improve the project, and fulfill our goal of creating an application the truly allows users to control their devices, anywhere.

Free Open-Source Installation:
To use Monitordroid completely for free, you're going to have to have your own server capable of issuing GCM-Messages and a MySQL database to store device information. After that, you must download the source-code and make a few small modifications to configure the mobile application to connect to your server. Read more detailed instructions on how to setup your own (free) server in the Readme file at:
https://github.com/tyler124/Monitord...ster/README.md

Paid hosting:
If you don't want to worry about modifying the source code or setting up a database, we have a device hosting service that is set up and ready to use. Simply purchase an account for $9.99 (beta price), and you can control all of your devices from our web application at http://www.monitordroid.com/app. You can then use the free Google Play client app to quickly register your devices to your web account and control them. If you are unhappy with your purchase, we offer a 5-day refund for any reason, so there is no risk to you!

A full installation tutorial (paid version) is avaliable at: http://monitordroid.com/tutorial

Google play client-side app:
Monitordroid - Remote Administration Tool for Android

NOTE: In exchange for purchasing the application in its beta state and reporting any encountered bugs or recommendations to help@monitordroid.com, you are receiving a Premium Monitordroid Account at a reduced price of $10. This price is temporary, and will increase to $25 during the production release in September 2014.

To backup our advertised quality, we are proud to offer a full 5-day Refund for any reason. Simply
contact us at sales@monitordroid.com to request a refund and have your PayPal receipt ready.

Disclaimer:
It is a violation of Monitordroid and Google Play Terms of Service, as well as in most cases local and federal law to install Monitordroid on a device which is not your own without the direct written consent to do so from the individual who owns the device. It is the responsibility of you, the user, to ensure you are complying with all conditions and laws before installing Monitordroid.
Last edited by mephala124; 24th August 2014 at 11:33 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mephala124 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag ALEXANDRIA EGYPT
Thanks Meter: 1,147

1,440 posts
More
thanks bro
21st August 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 325

480 posts
More
This is awesome! Will use this
21st August 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 30

330 posts
How do i get the app or install this?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st August 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #5  
Flag Plano, Texas
Thanks Meter: 112

573 posts
More
not available for my "Nexus 7" (It is really a Kindle Fire with a build.prop MOD), can I download an apk from somewhere?
21st August 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 893

1,130 posts
Donate to Me
Any plans on screen casting?
Or it's not even possible
21st August 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #7  

330 posts
app is on play store
21st August 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Monitordroid 1.1 APK can be found at:
http://www.monitordroid.com/apk/Monitordroid11.apk

or

http://bit.ly/1BEyivF
21st August 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Hu

Any plans on screen casting?
Or it's not even possible

Afraid any features like screenshots or screencasting would require having a rooted device, which I'm not actively developing towards.

If anyone wants to contribute root-only features to the source though...
21st August 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #10  

256 posts
More
Is there a limit on the number of devices that you can register to one account?
EDIT: also, there is a fine line between being useful and being useful to the point of being considered malware. DenDroid and other RAT applications have gotten huge amounts of bad press recently becuase of the functionality that they posess and the possibility of being installed without users knowledge by being packaged in other applications.

Do you have any plans in place to stop your application getting a bad name for itself? Or to stop it from being used for these kinds of purposes?
Perhaps by enforcing a manual registration process on the phone itself.

(I just want to make clear I am not, in any way, accusing this application of any sort of nefarious tasks)

EDIT2: I found the answer to my first question in your FAQ.
Quote:

How many devices can I control with a single Monitordroid account?
During beta testing, Monitordroid limits users to a total of 10 devices per account. In the future, new accounts will most likely be limited to 5 devices at first, with the option to purchase more. In that case, customers who purchase in beta will still retain their 10 device maximum.

Last edited by d31b0y; 21st August 2014 at 12:25 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread