[APP][Android 4.1+] Monitordroid - Remote Administration Tool for Android

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 20
By mephala124, Junior Member on 16th August 2014, 08:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Monitordroid allows you to remotely access and manage multiple Android devices from a web browser anytime, anywhere. No rooting required.

We are proud to announce that Monitordroid is finally out of beta!

Our code is open source. You can find it here:
We appreciate all open source contributions. Thank you in advance. Please contact about any open source questions.

Our website:

Current Features

Monitordroid is versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes including

1. Remote Administration of your own devices.

2. Theft protection for your devices.

3. Parental Control software for monitoring children which you have legal custody of and are under age 18.

4. Employee tracking software for company owned devices.

How it works

Download the Monitordroid app onto the device from the Play Store. You can find it by clicking here
Login to your account to start managing your devices. Please remember to send us your suggestions, comments, and questions.

How we started:
We noticed a while back that there was a lack of quality software available that allowed users to remotely access and manage multiple Android devices.

There are great apps such as Mobizen and Airdroid available, but they are mostly designed only to support a single device and are always running in the background, creating an obvious icon in the device’s notification bar and running up battery and data use. Then there is software like mSpy and WebWatcher, which have expensive monthly subscriptions, are unstable, and don’t create a real time connection with the device. They don’t give the control that users want.

So we set out to create Monitordroid, a dedicated commercial-grade remote access and management tool for Android.

The software is also open source and capable of being used completely free of charge if you are able to set up a web server and have a little experience with Android programming.

Monitordroid is designed from the ground up to be fundamentally different than any other remote administration software for Android. It does not use sockets, SMS, or XMPP to send commands to devices, all of which have been proven unstable or slow.

The software was developed from the very beginning to be incredibly stable and crash-resistant, so that once you install it on a device you never have to worry about doing so again.
Monitordroid is designed in a way that it is only run on the mobile device when a user sends it commands through the web application. For this reason, network usage and battery consumption are nearly non-existent.

Free Open-Source Installation:
To use Monitordroid free of charge, you're going to have to have your own server with PHP 5.0+ and MySQL. If you want to run Monitordroid on your local machine, software like XAMPP will work fine. After that, you can download the source code and make a few small modifications to configure the mobile application to connect to your server. Read more detailed instructions on how to setup your own (free) server in the file at:

When your server is ready, you can follow the instructions in the file for setting up the mobile app at:

Monitordroid on the Play Store:
Visit our website:
Last edited by mephala124; 8th October 2015 at 02:47 AM. Reason: new information
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to mephala124 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 11:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,408
thanks bro
21st August 2014, 12:54 AM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 365
This is awesome! Will use this
21st August 2014, 01:47 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 72
How do i get the app or install this?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st August 2014, 02:20 AM |#5  
Flag Plano, Texas
Thanks Meter: 186
not available for my "Nexus 7" (It is really a Kindle Fire with a build.prop MOD), can I download an apk from somewhere?
21st August 2014, 02:40 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 902
Donate to Me
Any plans on screen casting?
Or it's not even possible
21st August 2014, 03:17 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 72
app is on play store
21st August 2014, 06:47 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Monitordroid 1.1 APK can be found at:

21st August 2014, 06:55 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Originally Posted by Allen Hu

Any plans on screen casting?
Or it's not even possible

Afraid any features like screenshots or screencasting would require having a rooted device, which I'm not actively developing towards.

If anyone wants to contribute root-only features to the source though...
21st August 2014, 10:42 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 30
Is there a limit on the number of devices that you can register to one account?
EDIT: also, there is a fine line between being useful and being useful to the point of being considered malware. DenDroid and other RAT applications have gotten huge amounts of bad press recently becuase of the functionality that they posess and the possibility of being installed without users knowledge by being packaged in other applications.

Do you have any plans in place to stop your application getting a bad name for itself? Or to stop it from being used for these kinds of purposes?
Perhaps by enforcing a manual registration process on the phone itself.

(I just want to make clear I am not, in any way, accusing this application of any sort of nefarious tasks)

EDIT2: I found the answer to my first question in your FAQ.

How many devices can I control with a single Monitordroid account?
During beta testing, Monitordroid limits users to a total of 10 devices per account. In the future, new accounts will most likely be limited to 5 devices at first, with the option to purchase more. In that case, customers who purchase in beta will still retain their 10 device maximum.

Last edited by d31b0y; 21st August 2014 at 12:25 PM.
21st August 2014, 03:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1
Thumbs up re monitoroid
Love to play with this, can it be set up on my own web server, rather than local wamp, or it needs access to android SDK files, which I guess could be done server side, just got too many other little projects on now to start trying to learn all that, I'll lock in a beta trial from your server for now, and play around on wamp when ibget a chance, then think about running off my web server, more practical in the long run, but for 10 bucks could just let you guys do all the heavy lifting, but lose a bit of full control... Good luck with the project. Could be a winner longterm

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread