Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,991 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][3.0+]MoodTools - Depression Aid 1.0

Tip us?

eddielement
Old
(Last edited by eddielement; 28th July 2014 at 07:08 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Post [APP][3.0+]MoodTools - Depression Aid 1.0

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ools.moodtools

Hi XDA Developers Forum!

I just released my first android app - MoodTools. It's a free application aimed at helping people suffering from clinical depression!

Please let me know if you have any feedback or comments that you have, because I'm definitely looking to improve this app with future updates!

Description
If you are feeling sad, anxious, or depressed, MoodTools can help you lift your mood. MoodTools is an application designed to help you combat depression and alleviate your negative moods, guiding you towards the road to recovery.

Features

Thought Diary - Improve your mood by analyzing your thoughts and identifying negative / distorted thinking patterns based on principles from cognitive therapy

ReMotivate - Regain your motivation through this unique activity-tracking tool based on behavioral activation therapy

Safety Plan - Develop a suicide safety plan to keep you safe and find emergency resources during a suicidal crisis

Information - Read information on depression, self-help tips, and find resources

Test - Take the PHQ-9 depression questionnaire and track your symptom severity over time

Video - Discover helpful YouTube videos that can improve your mood and behavior, from guided meditations to enlightening TED talks

Permissions

The app requires permission for the phone so it can launch the phone dialer with a number already entered in it for the safety plan portion of the application. No phone call can be made without going through a minimum of 3 taps: 1. Tap the 'Call' button within the safety plan app, 2. Tap the OK button the Dialog, 3. Tap the Call icon in the phone dialer.

Installation
Download it here!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eddielement For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eddielement
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
In the past few weeks, I've updated the app to fix a lot of bugs, added support for more countries other than US (US, Canada, Australia, and India!), and made buttons prettier! Also I don't really know how to change the post title to reflect the version number - does anybody know how?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to eddielement For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andeld
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddielement View Post
In the past few weeks, I've updated the app to fix a lot of bugs, added support for more countries other than US (US, Canada, Australia, and India!), and made buttons prettier! Also I don't really know how to change the post title to reflect the version number - does anybody know how?

Thanks!
This app looks very nice. I bet it's a very useful. I would need and love to use it, but unfortunately it's unavailable in Romania, Europe. I hope you will add support for more countries in the future. Thanks and keep up the good work.

eddielement
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by andeld View Post
This app looks very nice. I bet it's a very useful. I would need and love to use it, but unfortunately it's unavailable in Romania, Europe. I hope you will add support for more countries in the future. Thanks and keep up the good work.
Thank you! Here is an apk if you want to download it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o4...moodtools3.apk

Some of the material may not be applicable but the majority should be fine (ignore resource links, emergency number, etc.).

andeld
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddielement View Post
Thank you! Here is an apk if you want to download it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o4...moodtools3.apk

Some of the material may not be applicable but the majority should be fine (ignore resource links, emergency number, etc.).
Thanks a lot! If I can help you with anything related with this app just tell me and I would glad to help.

eddielement
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks a lot! If I can help you with anything related with this app just tell me and I would glad to help.
No problem and thank you for the offer! I do want to localize the app to other countries and any help with translation would be appreciated! PM me if you're interested

eddielement
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
The application has just been updated to version 1.1, adding support for all countries! (In english)
The Following User Says Thank You to eddielement For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andeld
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Thanks alot! Keep up the good work!