[APP][TASKER] MyNotes v1.0

Search This thread

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
MyNotes

Post #1: App introduction, download link, credits, screenshots attached.
Post #2: FAQ / other info.

Hello! :)

I've spent last days in making an app for taking notes. Initially, I wanted to make a shopping list, but then I decided to make an app which allow me to take notes because there are moments when I need to take a quick note. I can't upload it to Google Play because I don't have my own money ( and I'm almost 21 already... ).
I'm still a Tasker newbie :D

FEATURES:

Possibility to save the current text from text field to a .txt file in a folder named MyNotes, along with the date and the clock when the text was saved. You can save text to same .txt file as much as you want.
Enable a shake option to launch MyNotes.
Enable a persistent notification, which after is touched will run MyNotes.
No ads :D

That's all the features. I've wanted to add a color picker too for changing the theme, but it went troublesome for me and also then I didn't think themes are that useful for an app like this.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/download/3dggq5uhdyugd33

CREDITS:

- Tasker and it's developer
- reddit forum (big thanks to Ratchet_Guy)
- google tasker forum
- me :D

NOTE: This app was created on my phone, a Samsung Galaxy J5, with a 5.0", 720x1280 resolution screen. It might look weird on other resolutions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-01-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-01-32.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 948
  • Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-01-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-01-51.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 932
  • Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-03-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-03-47.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 914
  • Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-04-06.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-04-06.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 871
  • Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-04-12.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-04-12.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 840
  • Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-01-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-01-03.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 836
  • Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-02-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-21-23-02-05.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 729
Last edited:

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
FAQ / other info

1. Who are you?

I'm Robert (Force @xda). I've created this app using Tasker because there are moments when i need to write a quick note and read it later. I'm sure that there are apps much better than this, but i wanted one made with Tasker. I'm addicted to Tasker, but i still noob :D

2) Why are required network permissions?

Tasker added the permissions automatically according to app actions/features. I've added a button named "XDA thread" which open the xda thread. The button purpose is for writing bugs/reviews/suggestions. There is also a "SHARE" button to contact me through email.

I can remove these 2 buttons if you are concerned. I can also share the xml project.

3) Long press the buttons to see what it does.

4) I would like to know your review, your suggestions and also let me know if you found any bug.

5) The .txt file get saved in the folder named MyNotes in your phone internal memory (most likely /sdcard/ or /sdcard0/).

6. The "X" icon or phone back button minimize the app, so it saves the current text in textfield.

Last edited:

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
May I have your project file?

Sure. I've attached it to this post. It isn't that clean, for example the main scene is called SHOPPING because initially I wanted to make a shopping list. I didn't rename since I've exported it as app.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the project file, or if you think I can make "the code" cleaner.
Also, if you wanna make your app or something and wanna share it, I would like to give credits to me if you are using scene, only if you mind. because I've spent few days working on :D

Please let me know your opinion about this app, good or bad review doesn't matter, but I want an honest review :)

Thank you!

Attachments

• MyNotes.prj.xml
    41.2 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Reactions: maurizio53

maurizio53

Sep 24, 2012
Avezzano
Sure. I've attached it to this post. It isn't that clean, for example the main scene is called SHOPPING because initially I wanted to make a shopping list. I didn't rename since I've exported it as app.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the project file, or if you think I can make "the code" cleaner.
Also, if you wanna make your app or something and wanna share it, I would like to give credits to me if you are using scene, only if you mind. because I've spent few days working on :D

Please let me know your opinion about this app, good or bad review doesn't matter, but I want an honest review :)

Thank you!
Thanks... I'll let u know if all is OK

Reactions: #Henkate

maurizio53

Sep 24, 2012
Avezzano

Thank you!
I own a Samsung Note 3 so I am asking if could be possible to use the S pen with this project...

Reactions: #Henkate

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル

maurizio53

Sep 24, 2012
Avezzano
Thanks.. but as you can imagine I am really noob with tasker so also with this app I really don't know where to begin to use S pen with your project... what I would like is the features to open your project when spen is removed and use the pen to write inside your notes...
Really difficult for you?

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Thanks.. but as you can imagine I am really noob with tasker so also with this app I really don't know where to begin to use S pen with your project... what I would like is the features to open your project when spen is removed and use the pen to write inside your notes...
Really difficult for you?

As far as I can see on internet, you need a plugin to do that. It can't be done alone with Tasker.
This is what you need: Note Buddy (S Pen Helper) . It does what you're looking for, and you don't have to use it with Tasker.

Please check it.

Reactions: maurizio53

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you!

Thank you!
    Thanks... I'll let u know if all is OK

Thank you!
    I own a Samsung Note 3 so I am asking if could be possible to use the S pen with this project...
    It seems nice but you can improve your design :)