Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 52,053 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.3+] Notific : Lockscreen Notification [17 Sept] [v240]

Tip us?

anandbibek
Old
(Last edited by anandbibek; 17th September 2014 at 03:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Service [APP][4.3+] Notific : Lockscreen Notification [17 Sept] [v240]

What it is :

Notific is lockscreen notification app that displays your notification in an intuitive manner when you need it.
It will automatically turn the screen on and display your notification in an easily accessible tabbed dialogue. It will also show notification quick action buttons if expansion is enabled.

Why it is special :

If the phone is in pocket, don't worry. Notific is intelligent enough to understand that and will not turn on the screen. But if you take out the phone from your pocket within 10secs (customizable) it will turn on the screen for you.

Notific doesn't impact battery life as it will only use the proximity sensor for 10 secs.
The memory usage is highly optimized (2-10MB) and doesn't use 50MB+ as in other notification apps.

From version 2.0 onward, Notific comes with a AndroidWear inspired theme for those don't prefer the dark holo look. (only 4.4+ devices)

The multitude of notifications we get every day are probably the most sensitive information for some and these deserve the utmost privacy.
That's why Notific comes with absolutely no private data mining. No crash data, No Google analytics collection.
It doesn't require connecting to Internet, so you can be sure that there's no way your information goes out of your device.

Project status :

The app is in active development and will get frequent updates and lots of features are in pipeline, including privacy mode and themes (features already there, but more to come).

Possible problems :

Proximity sensor values are calibrated for Nexus devices by default. If you have problems with the sensor on Galaxy or Xperia devices, try calibrating the sensor from app settings or TurnOff Pocket Mode

If you can't uninstall the app, Go to Security Settings in device settings menu -> Security settings -> Device Administrator -> uncheck Notific from list -> then uninstall

Downloads :

Free version :
Attached below you can find the free version APK, which has EVERY feature as the paid one EXCEPT Blacklist/Whitelist function.
In case you decide to support me by downloading the paid version, kindly uninstall the free version first.

Paid version
Download from Play Store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibek.notifypro

Screenshots and changelogs
See next post
Attached Files
File Type: apk Notific_210_free.apk - [Click for QR Code] (304.3 KB, 1397 views)
File Type: apk Notific_220_free.apk - [Click for QR Code] (410.6 KB, 247 views)
File Type: apk Notific_221_free.apk - [Click for QR Code] (410.6 KB, 603 views)
File Type: apk Notific_230_Free.apk - [Click for QR Code] (420.8 KB, 1211 views)
File Type: apk Notific_231_Free.apk - [Click for QR Code] (428.6 KB, 1039 views)
File Type: apk Notific_240_Free.apk - [Click for QR Code] (437.3 KB, 164 views)
The Following 93 Users Say Thank You to anandbibek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anandbibek
Old
(Last edited by anandbibek; 19th July 2014 at 02:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Default Screenshots

Screenshots / Posters
Click button below to expand posters

Wallpapers from Cyanogenmod ROM, CM Wallpaper app. Credits - Asher Simonds

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Some Not-so-obvious features

You can unlock the screen without viewing or dismissing any notification by double tapping the lock handle in popup
Drag to dismiss icon on left and hold for one sec to dismiss all notifications. WARNING: It will dismiss everything in your status bar, whether the app is blacklisted or not.

(Free version APK moved to post #1 in case anyone was wondering)
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to anandbibek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anandbibek
Old
(Last edited by anandbibek; 17th September 2014 at 03:35 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
---For changelogs ----

v 2.4.0 Free (Corresponding to paid version 2.4.0)
• Privacy mode (Hide notification content of selected apps)

v 2.3.1 Free (Corresponding to paid version 2.3.1)
• Configurable : screen lock on last notification dismiss.
• Add Slovene translation (thanks to and other language updates.
• Minor bug fixes

v 2.3.0 Free (Corresponding to paid version 2.3.0)
• Background blurring option (Increases memory and CPU usage. Use it wisely)
• Option to configure if pressing action button on notification will unlock keyguard automatically (only for AndroidWear theme, under Misc. Settings)
• A possible fix for popup getting stuck in Wallpaper bug that some reported. (Check under Troubleshooting settings)

v 2.2.1 Free (Corresponding to paid version 2.2.1)
• Fix for night mode timing

v 2.2.0 Free (Corresponding to paid version 2.2.0)

• Night mode option : Notific won't handle any new notifications during that time

• Configurable condition when popups will be shown.
-only if screen was off (previous default)
-only if phone was locked
-if phone was both locked and screen was off
-if phone was either locked or screen was off (current default)

• Translations
German : Christoph Seelbach
French : Antoine Thenaisy

v 2.1.0 Free (Corresponding to paid version 2.1.0)

• Configurable sensor polling delay under Troubleshooting options. Default is 0 where there is no delay as in previous versions. If pocket mode doesn't work, increase the value (1sec is optimal). It should fix the problem for some devices.

• Added customization settings for following : Slider width, screen rotation, detailed immersive mode.

• Screen timeout option is now system independent. Set 0 or blank to follow system timeout.

• Fixes : wallpaper brightness in legacy theme, show expanded preference followed in Wear theme, "Show" low priority notification option now works as expected, keep popup heights within bound

• Battery usage improvements

v 2.0.2 Free (Corresponding to paid version 2.0.2)

• Brought back old popup display mechanism for showing Notific after unlocking (slower but stable), can be changed in settings.

v 2.0.0 Free (Corresponding to paid version 2.0.0)

• Android Wear inspired theme (only supported in Android 4.4+ due to API restrictions on 4.3).

• Add help message popups for whitelist/blacklist usage.

• Dismiss all notifications by dragging and holding for 1 sec on the dismiss icon (left target)

• Option to change background wallpaper brightness (zero for full black).

• Fix bugs of popup disappearing, black screen on unlock (not confirmed) , zero width drawing and others.

• Blacklisting will now correctly omit notifications from showing up beside others.

Version 1.3.9 (corresponding paid version 1.4.0)

• More fixes for handling rapid/successive/repost type notifications.

• Popup won't rotate lockscreen to landscape.

• Added option to disable screen turning on.

• Immersive mode while popup display (only available for 4.4 Kitkat).

• Fixed blacklist header jumping (paid version feature).

• Possible fix for screen not turning off (only reported by one user)

Version 1.2.9 (corresponding paid version 1.3.0)
• Fix some bugs with default timeout values.
• Improved code for handling notifications posted in quick succession
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to anandbibek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rocky869
Old
(Last edited by rocky869; 6th July 2014 at 04:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 111
Hey this app is great, thinking of buying but the price is a tad too high for Indian users. I think it should be Rs.59($1) i.e half the price of your current price in Google Playstore. This app need a break through pricing just like the no. 1 app in Playstore - Poweramp Music player.
Please don't mind it's just a suggestion. Maybe you can give new launch discount

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

_satish_
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hi, Thanks a lot for working on this app, Currently I am testing it.. Small suggestion, as a precautionary why don't you wait until some testing done on the app here in XDA forum before posting it in Play store.

Bz it may lead to less rating.. Which I feel the app doesn't deserve.

Thanks.

Sent from Moto e using Tapatalk
moto e

anandbibek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky869 View Post
Hey this app is great, thinking of buying but the price is a tad too high for Indian users. I think it should be Rs.59($1) i.e half the price of your current price in Google Playstore. This app need a break through pricing just like the no. 1 app in Playstore - Poweramp Music player.
Please don't mind it's just a suggestion. Maybe you can give new launch discount

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Well, what to say.. a cup of coffee costs 60INR which takes 5mins to make. The app took over 2 months, hours every day...
but I understand that it sounds high.
I'll see if I can do smthng abt it. Although I don't want to troll those who already bought at 2$
Quote:
Originally Posted by _satish_ View Post
Hi, Thanks a lot for working on this app, Currently I am testing it.. Small suggestion, as a precautionary why don't you wait until some testing done on the app here in XDA forum before posting it in Play store.

Bz it may lead to less rating.. Which I feel the app doesn't deserve.

Thanks.

Play store allows us to refund an app. if it's not working you can refund and get your money back.
about testing, I used it for over 1 month and tested with 2-3 other people for one week.
there shouldn't be any problem..
And anyone who wants to check device compatibility is welcome to try the trial version first
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anandbibek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anandbibek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for feedback and suggestion guys. Good to see some activity in the thread
The Following User Says Thank You to anandbibek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_satish_
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hi, Currently I am using this app in my Moto E (4.4.2), its working flawless mostly. Sometimes I observed floating notification is not coming on locked screen.

And also the notification is not showing action items (reply /... ), please check the screen shot attached.

moto e

anandbibek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _satish_ View Post
Hi, Currently I am using this app in my Moto E (4.4.2), its working flawless mostly. Sometimes I observed floating notification is not coming on locked screen.

And also the notification is not showing action items (reply /... ), please check the screen shot attached.

Your sms app should have the action buttons in notification. Notific only shows those buttons if already present.

I use cyanogenmod and hence the sms app has those options. Try out 8sms.
The Following User Says Thank You to anandbibek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psydex
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Loving it! I just wish it show up a clock above the notification
Samsung Galaxy SII GT-i9100

The Following User Says Thank You to psydex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
lockscreen, notific, notificaitons, peek