Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

[APP][4.3+] Noyze - Volume Panel Replacement

OP tombarr

13th September 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 106

77 posts
Donate to Me
More
After spending a summer doing field research, I have finally launched my side project noyze. It is a volume panel replacement for devices running Android Jelly Bean MR2 (4.3+) or newer.

Best of all, noyze does not require root, a custom ROM, or the XPosed framework.
Noyze gives you complete control of the volume buttons:
  • Themes - try out different styles and find the theme that works for you. Try iOS, Blackberry, Windows Phone, status bar, and much more.
  • Long press actions - skip to the next/ previous song, launch the flashlight, or perform any shortcut simply by holding the volume buttons.
  • Contextual panel - Noyze can hide for fullscreen apps like YouTube, Netflix, etc.
  • Master volume - sync all volumes to a single channel.
  • Disable buttons - especially useful for broken or jammed volume buttons.

Several themes can also display album art/ media information and allow you to control multiple volumes without leaving the current app (like CyanogenMod's Extended Controls).

Thanks for reading and looking forward to feedback!

Links

NoyzeApp.com
Google Play
Noyze Google+ Community
Noyze on Reddit
Android Police
Developer: Tom Barrasso

Last edited by GermainZ; 27th September 2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Removed "FREE" tag since all apps should be free in this forum.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tombarr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #2  
Moderator Committee / XDA Portal Team - Title Under Construction. Please Pardon Our Dust
Thanks Meter: 7,177

14,114 posts
More
This looks pretty sweet. Installing now.
25th September 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

66 posts
More
Since the update to Aspen v1.3 on Sept. 24 it keeps asking for notification access though it's already been granted and some bug with the accessibility service keeps resulting in not being able to touch anything on the screen requiring a reboot.

Thanks!
25th September 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #4  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Android 4.2?
Hey. This app is *exactly* what I'm looking for. But I'm stuck on Android 4.2.2 and can't upgrade. Any chance you can extend support to 4.2? Thanks!
25th September 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 61

240 posts
Been using this for a while and love it - bought pro almost immediately No issues for me, but there are two things I'd like to see if possible/you're so inclined: orientation switch on buttons and the ability to have a theme per app, or someway to pop up media buttons only when a media app is running. I like the status bar theme for the most part, bit the Heads Up one is perfect when listening to music.

Regardless of whether these are implemented, it's a keeper for me - thank you very much dev.
25th September 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Looks nice, will try for sure. By the way, add whitespace between screenshots in OP post, it looks confusing.
26th September 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

129 posts
Please make it like an Xposed Module

and add more animations

Like Windows Phone volume panel. it isnt animated and have no option to customize, I wish it could be a bit transparent and the art album when playing music more vivid

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Please make it like an Xposed Module

and add more animations

Like Windows Phone volume panel. it isnt animated and have no option to customize, I wish it could be a bit transparent and the art album when playing music more vivid
27th September 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Is it possible to choose another volume panel for fullscreen apps? I want to use a compact one for fullscreen apps and normal for other activities.
3rd October 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #9  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 385

743 posts
More
uh! such a huge size?
12th October 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #10  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 176

1,091 posts
More
great little app!

there's an "issue" with Chromecast while casting: Chromecast adds an extra volume panel with Chromecast icon which doesn't show when using Noyze (unless i missed a certain setting for it). it still adjusts the volume though, just shows the headset volume panel.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, noyze, panel, replacement, volume
Previous Thread Next Thread