Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,313 Members 47,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APPS][NO ROOT] Oppo Find5 Project Firefly Launcher, Compass, Flashlight, and Weather

Tip us?

Surpass
Old
(Last edited by mark manning; 10th January 2014 at 04:05 AM.) Reason: added the notice
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 262
Talking [APPS][NO ROOT] Oppo Find5 Project Firefly Launcher, Compass, Flashlight, and Weather

NOTICE: Since so many people are having problems with the launcher crashing (especially on non-1080p devices), I figured I'd post this here. I am NOT a developer, I just extracted these applications from the ROM! So I cannot solve your bugs if it requires coding! If anyone here sees this, and IS a developer, and is willing to attempt to fix the bugs, PM me! I can send you any files you need plus I'll try and help along the way. Thanks!

Hi there.

This was tricky to find but I managed to get a few Oppo Find 5 apps to work on other devices! That's including their all new coveted Project Firefly launcher!

Unfortunately a lot of their apps didn't work when I tried porting them so I'm only uploading a few apps. The ones I'm uploading (except for the Project Firefly launcher) work flawlessly on my Nexus 4. If you'd like to personally request an app from the Oppo Find 5 (from the ROM with either Project Firefly or without Project Firefly, I have both) then just PM me, but I can't guarantee it'll work at all.
The Project Firefly launcher crashes A LOT on my device, but that's probably because the launcher was designed for the Oppo Find 5 (1080p screen resolution) and I'm trying to run it on my Nexus 4 (720p screen resolution). It may or may not crash on yours.

Also, here are the Oppo wallpapers:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...lE&usp=sharing
There's ten in total, and they're all beautiful and in high resolution.

And the Oppo ringtones:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...VU&usp=sharing
There's twenty of these. They're in .ogg format, so if you'd like to convert them to a different format you can use a site like this: http://media.io/

Project Firefly Launcher:
This launcher is awesome, it's crazy smooth and fast. It also has some fancy weather effects you can enable, like snow, which'll make snowflakes stick to your icons. There's only two downsides: one being it crashes, like... a LOT. Of course, that's just my device, your device might have little to no problems. The other downside is for some reason there's no live wallpaper support.
Video Demo -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr_I...e_gdata_player
(thanks to Der Flooo )
Features -
- Super smooth and fast
- Custom transitions (applies to both homescreen and app drawer): normal, tilt, and vivid. Tilt is like the Touchwiz launcher transition, and vivid is like the shake effect from TSF Shell, where it shakes your widgets and icons whenever scrolling from page to page.
- Up to 9 homescreens
- Customizable position of apps in the app drawer
- Folder support
- Includes 10 pre-installed wallpapers (6 you can pick from and 4 that automatically activate whenever you pick a weather effect)
- Swipe your finger over the page indicator to quickly scroll across pages (works on both homescreen and app drawer)
- Includes a pre-installed icon pack for some common applications; can't be turned off
- Twitch effect when moving icons or widgets (similar to what's found in the Xperia eDream launcher)
- Fancy weather effects (see 'Weather Effects' just below. Note that you can only PICK these, they don't auto-update according to your weather conditions)

Weather Effects:
- Rain: The wallpaper will automatically change (can be changed to your desired wallpaper after) and water will pour down on your screen. Water droplets form on the screen and icons from time to time. Shaking your phone will clear the water droplets off your icons. When scrolling from page to page, the water downpour will slant.
Picture:
mod edit

- Snow: The wallpaper will automatically change (can be changed to your desired wallpaper after) and snowflakes will dance around the screen. Ice crystals and snowflakes accumulate on your icons over time. Shaking your phone will clear off some of the snowflakes off your icons; continue shaking to clear them completely off. A foggy effect will appear around the edges of the top of your screen. When scrolling from page to page, the snowflakes will jolt to right or left (depending on which way you scrolled) after a short delay (for a more realistic effect).
Picture:
mod edit

- Fog: The wallpaper will automatically change (can be changed to your desired wallpaper after) and your screen will fog over from time to time, creating condensation and water droplets. Drawings made in the foggy screen will be randomly generated, cycling through and fading between. The drawings are transparent, showing your unaffected wallpaper (meant to imitate what happens when you wipe a window with condensation on it). Shaking your phone will clear the fog for a little bit, but it'll re-form after a few seconds.
Picture:
mod edit

- Dandelion: The wallpaper will automatically change (can be changed to your desired wallpaper after) and dandelions will fly around from the left to the right of your screen. Occasionally dandelions will appear carrying a ladybug on them. Every now and then, the dandelions will fall onto your dock, in front of your dock icons. After a few seconds, they'll fly up again, or shaking your phone will jump-start this process. When scrolling from page to page, the dandelions will jolt to right or left (depending on which way you scrolled) after a short delay (for a more realistic effect).
Picture:
mod edit

Project Firefly Launcher download link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3lI...it?usp=sharing

Pictures:
mod edit

Compass:
This is a gorgeous looking compass that displays the degree it's pointing as well as type (north, south, etc.), kind of like the MIUI one but a lot cleaner looking. It also displays your current latitude and longitude (which I blacked out in the picture ). Latitude has a typo, it's spelled 'lattitude' on the app. Unlike the launcher, I have no problems whatsoever with this app; it works flawlessly.
Features -
- Displays current degree phone is pointing
- Displays type of position phone is pointing (north, south, etc.)
- Displays latitude and longitude
- Gorgeous looking design of compass

Compass download link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3lI...it?usp=sharing

Pictures:
mod edit

Compass (Finder Version):
This is the compass app ported from the Oppo Finder instead, not the Find 5. It is visually pretty nice and it has a fancy '3D' version that lets you more easily visualize the compass. Like the other Compass app, this one works flawlessly for me.
Features -
- Displays current degree phone is pointing
- Displays type of position phone is pointing (north, south, etc.)
- Displays latitude and longitude
- Fancy 3D interface can be turned on/off and helps more easily visualize the compass and it's information

Compass (Finder Version) download link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3lI...it?usp=sharing

Pictures:
mod edit

Flashlight:
This is another gorgeous looking app that toggles the flash on your phone to use as a flashlight. If your phone doesn't have flash, it won't work. Tapping the power button will turn on/off the flashlight. There's also a SOS button which flashes the light on-and-off in quick succession (thanks Old Muckenmire for telling me ). On my phone, though, tapping it will just turn on/off the flashlight like the power button does, so maybe it's a Find 5-only thing.
Features -
- Turns on/off your camera flash to function as a flashlight
- Gorgeous looking design of flashlight
- SOS button to flash the light on-and-off over and over

Flashlight download link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3lI...it?usp=sharing

Pictures:
mod edit

Weather App:
This is a beautiful and super-smooth animated weather app. You can add/remove cities and there's also auto-locate weather support. The weather animations look incredible, they're like the HTC Sense ones. Note that I ported this app from the stock Oppo ROM but the other apps were all ported from the Project Firefly ROM (their stock-ROM counterparts would just crash on me). Note that is just an APP, not an app and widget.
Features -
- Add/remove cities
- Auto-locate weather support (doesn't seem to always want to work on my phone, but that might be just me)
- Animated weather background
- Very smooth
- Displays current temperature, high/low for the day, humidity, wind speed/direction, and also a 2-day forecast (there's 3 weather icons but one is the current day) that, when tapped, will automatically change the background and information to display more information on that specific day.
- Share support to send weather conditions in your default messaging app

Weather download link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3lI...it?usp=sharing

Pictures:
mod edit

Hope you guys enjoy these! I'll be updating the thread for new apps/fixed apps/etc.

Thanks to:
Oppo Development Team
bbs.myoppo
Old Muckenmire
Der Flooo
The Following 103 Users Say Thank You to Surpass For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

charmidz
Old
(Last edited by charmidz; 25th May 2013 at 05:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 170
mate, it's awesome! Thank you so much
I like oppo launcher

I will try it

nofx161
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Sadly doesnt work on note7000 4.2.2 rom installed it as normal apk, and it loads for ages and nothing happens

charmidz
Old
Thanks Meter 170
@Surpass: it work on my phone , but i can't change wallpaper , i'll wait your update

Sent from my LT25i using xda premium
Xtheme Engine

jarule08_2008
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Work on cm10.1 but launcher stopped . hope will fix it . thx man

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Der_Flooo
Old
Thanks Meter 113
WTF thank you so much you are the man

But what about the nice oppo features in firefly. Weahther widgets etc?
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
Devices
HTC One X > OrDroid by shnizlon or CyanogenMod 10 Official Nightlies (sold )

ZTE Skate > PARANOID ICS Rom by C3C0

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ---> Stock Rom (Rooted) (but i think in a few weeks cm10.1 )

My Facebook Page : Android&Music-News

Old MuckenMire
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Thanks for these apps!

So far I have only tried the flashlight and I can report what the SOS button does: if you turn the flashlight off and then press SOS, it makes the light flash off and on, I assume it's for getting someone's attention if you need help in the dark, etc..

Gonna try the rest of these in a bit...Thanks again!

Der_Flooo
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Some icons look...big

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369503580064.jpg
Views:	6852
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1990498  
Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ---> Stock Rom (Rooted) (but i think in a few weeks cm10.1 )

Surpass
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx161 View Post
Sadly doesnt work on note7000 4.2.2 rom installed it as normal apk, and it loads for ages and nothing happens
Which app in question are you trying to install? And have you tried installing it as a system app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmidz View Post
@Surpass: it work on my phone , but i can't change wallpaper , i'll wait your update

Sent from my LT25i using xda premium
Why can't you change wallpaper? When you click the wallpaper button does it crash the launcher or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Flooo View Post
WTF thank you so much you are the man

But what about the nice oppo features in firefly. Weahther widgets etc?
I'm still looking for those. I found the clock one but it didn't work (did the same kind of thing the Huawei MeWidget does, just says 'problem loading widget'. I also found a few other widgets from Oppo stock ROM but they won't install, irregardless if it's through system/app or normal install. Later today, I'll try flashing a few and see how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old MuckenMire View Post
Thanks for these apps!

So far I have only tried the flashlight and I can report what the SOS button does: if you turn the flashlight off and then press SOS, it makes the light flash off and on, I assume it's for getting someone's attention if you need help in the dark, etc..

Gonna try the rest of these in a bit...Thanks again!
Alright thanks, I updated the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Flooo View Post
Some icons look...big

I believe that's normal actually, I heard that the Oppo launcher has problems with making their icons massive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surpass For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Der_Flooo
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surpass View Post
Which app in question are you trying to install? And have you tried installing it as a system app?

Why can't you change wallpaper? When you click the wallpaper button does it crash the launcher or something?

I'm still looking for those. I found the clock one but it didn't work (did the same kind of thing the Huawei MeWidget does, just says 'problem loading widget'. I also found a few other widgets from Oppo stock ROM but they won't install, irregardless if it's through system/app or normal install. Later today, I'll try flashing a few and see how that goes.

Alright thanks, I updated the original post.

I believe that's normal actually, I heard that the Oppo launcher has problems with making their icons massive.

Ok thanks you are the man are they themes aviable for it ?

Devices

Tags
launcher, oppo, oppo find 5, port, project firefly