FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[APP][WINDOWS] Thundaga - Final Fantasy III Save Editor by Kameo

394 posts
Thanks Meter: 159

By KeylanHalfdan, Senior Member on 5th March 2013, 12:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This is a new tool made by member Kameo. It is based off of the source code from the Nintendo DS Final Fantasy III Save Editor with the same name for the DS version of this game.

There is another Save editor available for Final Fantasy III on the forums located here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1763729

Kameo and I translated that one from Chinese to English, but it was limited in what could be done. Kameo found Thundaga and it's source code and made the necessary changes to make it work for the Android version of the game. There are plans to make it also work for the iOS version of the game, but no idea when time will be available for Kameo to work on this.

I am releasing this with Kameo's full permission. I will do my best to answer all questions about the Save Editor in this thread. I tend to check the forums once to twice a day, and always check my participated topics first.

Here are some screenshots:

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Thundaga Kameo Android r01.zip - [Click for QR Code] (884.4 KB, 10967 views)
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to KeylanHalfdan For This Useful Post: [ View ]

5th March 2013, 12:15 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
You will need a Rooted Device for this. I recommend using either Root Explorer or Root Browser off the Google Play store for finding the save file, and replacing it. Either transfer the file to your SD card to transfer via USB cable, or transfer to SD and upload to Dropbox/Box/Other Cloud Service.

The save file should be located at /data/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFIII_GP/files/save.bin It has also been reported to be at data/user/0/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFIII_GP/files/save.bin

When the editor starts up, choose Open File from the options at the bottom. After you choose the save.bin file you want it will look like this:

Choose which save slot you want (DOES NOT WORK WITH QUICKSAVES YET). Click the button at the bottom that says Edit Save. This will take you to the first page of the edit screen.

Choose whichever options you want from each section at the top. When you are donw making changes click OK at the bottom. When you are all done, click on the red X in the top right corner and you will get this:

Choose Yes, and then transfer the save file back to your device. Make sure to the permissions for the save.bin file set to either rw-rw-r or rw-rw-rw.
Last edited by KeylanHalfdan; 5th March 2013 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Adding Instructions
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KeylanHalfdan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2013, 10:36 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 621

Donate to Me
More
Great idea to make a new topic, Keylan
Have nice day everyone.

I don't plan to make it compatible with the iOS version of the game yet, since i'm working on several other projects for the PS3 (like Ni No Kuni Save Editor).
Last edited by Kameo; 5th March 2013 at 10:42 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kameo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2013, 02:42 AM |#4  
Flag BPJ
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Good work Kameo for this new version. Much easier in my option.

Thanks.

NB - I wish someone can come up with an editor like that for Final Fantasy Dimension.
6th March 2013, 12:52 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Re: [APP][WINDOWS] Thundaga - Final Fantasy III Save Editor by Kameo
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny2010

Good work Kameo for this new version. Much easier in my option.

Thanks.

NB - I wish someone can come up with an editor like that for Final Fantasy Dimension.

If I had dimensions, and knew more about coding I would most definitely try. Dimensions is on sale for only $10 right now, so maybe I will get one of those steps done.

Edit:
I have dimensions now, although it does not work on my note2 or Galaxy nexus. Works fine on my Galaxy tab though. I have a basic working save reader written up. Just need to play some more to figure out a few things, and then tackle the checksum. Perhaps I can make an editor for dimensions, we will have to wait and see.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Last edited by KeylanHalfdan; 7th March 2013 at 09:05 PM.
8th March 2013, 10:41 AM |#6  
Flag BPJ
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Woot .. nice to know you have a start for the editor in progress. I will be camping here for any new updates
14th March 2013, 07:52 AM |#7  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 900

Donate to Me
More
really nice, this is far better apps...
will try it soon
I have deleted my FF3...

let's just install it again
14th March 2013, 01:53 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Nice to please you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kameo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2013, 01:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Im trying to install this I have Windows 8 but Im getting this error message:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail"

Any suggestions?
21st March 2013, 11:59 AM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Try to run it with Admin rights or with XP compatiblity.
24th March 2013, 05:56 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameo

Try to run it with Admin rights or with XP compatiblity.

Ok Ill try that thanx

That still did not work
Last edited by jshinn1; 24th March 2013 at 06:04 AM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread