[App mod] milk music working on any android device

10th March 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton
Thanks Meter: 67

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
To get milk music working on rooted, not samsung (and older samsung) devices.

Step 1: Back Up Your Build.prop
Just make a copy somewhere on your sd card, also make a backup of your os.

Step 2: Tweak Your Device Brand & Model.
Now go back to the /system directory, but this time tap on build.prop, don't long-press. Choose RB Text Editor to edit the file, then look for the model, brand, and manufacturer lines (highlighted below). Your original ones will show:

Note:as there are so many devices the <text> areas below will instead be specific to your device but the rest should be the same.

ro.product.model=<model>
ro.product.brand=<brand>
ro.product.manufacturer=<manufacturer>

Simply change them to match a (newer) Samsung device. I used a Galaxy S4.

ro.product.model=Galaxy S4
ro.product.brand=Samsung
ro.product.manufacturer=Samsung

Step 3: Save the build.prop

Step 4: Sideload the apk, because the play store still wont let you download it. So I am hosting an apk copy in my dropbox for ya'll.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a16vvbhu4h...%20%281%29.apk

Milk Music will now work with most of the functionality that it would on a native Samsung device, except that you won't be able to log into a Samsung account for syncing stations or enable explicit content from the settings.

Please post if this is working or not working for you. Include your device name, android version, and rom version.
Please let me/us know of any tweaks to this process you had to preform in order to get this working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prepaidguy9081 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 24

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepaidguy9081

To get milk music working on rooted, not samsung (and older samsung) devices.

Step 1: Back Up Your Build.prop
Just make a copy somewhere on your sd card, also make a backup of your os.

Step 2: Tweak Your Device Brand & Model.
Now go back to the /system directory, but this time tap on build.prop, don't long-press. Choose RB Text Editor to edit the file, then look for the model, brand, and manufacturer lines (highlighted below). Your original ones will show:

Note:as there are so many devices the <text> areas below will instead be specific to your device but the rest should be the same.

ro.product.model=<model>
ro.product.brand=<brand>
ro.product.manufacturer=<manufacturer>

Simply change them to match a (newer) Samsung device. I used a Galaxy S4.

ro.product.model=Galaxy S4
ro.product.brand=Samsung
ro.product.manufacturer=Samsung

Step 3: Save the build.prop

Step 4: Sideload the apk, because the play store still wont let you download it. So I am hosting an apk copy in my dropbox for ya'll.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a16vvbhu4h...%20%281%29.apk

Milk Music will now work with most of the functionality that it would on a native Samsung device, except that you won't be able to log into a Samsung account for syncing stations or enable explicit content from the settings.

Please post if this is working or not working for you. Include your device name, android version, and rom version.
Please let me/us know of any tweaks to this process you had to preform in order to get this working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Can I change back build.prop after install, or do I have to leave it for Milk to work?
10th March 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

171 posts
Doesnt work outside US

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 73

261 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chape199

Doesnt work outside US

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

OK if you are rooted easy work around if you are outside the US .. use titanium back up freeze.... 1 1.Samsung Account
2. Use a US VPN

Problem solved it will run perfect I'm using it in Australia ... good luck

Sent from my GT-I9505 Low Flying on Abyss Kernal.. using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to colang For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 3,051

4,231 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesellers88

Can I change back build.prop after install, or do I have to leave it for Milk to work?

you have to leave it for it to work... it is for that reason i am searching for a modded apk that bypasses that check so it'll work on any device w/o modding...
11th April 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #6  
Flag California

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1dynasty

you have to leave it for it to work... it is for that reason i am searching for a modded apk that bypasses that check so it'll work on any device w/o modding...

I don't know much about it, but it sounds like something an Xposed Mod might be able to address.
12th April 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #7  
Flag California

62 posts
More
Well what do you know - there's a new module in xposed that can make it work. Looks like it was just added.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
17th April 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Themer

4,231 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Well what do you know - there's a new module in xposed that can make it work. Looks like it was just added.

cool but useless for me running ART... if anyone finds a modded apk that works on any device i'd like to install it on a tablet at work so i have music to listen to... pandora gets boring after a while... lol
17th April 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #9  
Flag California

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1dynasty

cool but useless for me running ART... if anyone finds a modded apk that works on any device i'd like to install it on a tablet at work so i have music to listen to... pandora gets boring after a while... lol

I used to run ART but eventually I went back because of xposed. After a while, I really just forgot the difference. Hopefully a modded apk will show up though.

18th April 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Themer

4,231 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

I used to run ART but eventually I went back because of xposed. After a while, I really just forgot the difference. Hopefully a modded apk will show up though.

i used ART for the first month of owning my N5... then i switched to dalvik for some of goodies that xposed offers... tried out a few and ultimately preferred stability over features and i basically removed all xposed and just left it with dalvik for a bit... I noticed lags and stutters here and there and eventually switched back to ART and I can honestly say that ART is MUCH smoother and stable than running any other mode... i've tested this extensively with various settings and setups (always stock ROM with stock kernel or Franco) and nothing is as smooth as using ART... so i'm not going back for even one feature using xposed... just my experience

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Android Apps and Games by ThreadRank