FORUMS

[APP] [4.0.3+] [Material Design] Rotation - Orientation Manager [v6.0.8] [17/3/2015]

410 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,814

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th May 2015, 09:49 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 993

Donate to Me
More
Great App! Working flawless on my Nexus 6 with Lollipop 5.1

9th August 2015, 09:29 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello, I'd like to ask the author if he's aware of what's explained in this post: https://plus.google.com/+TodLiebeck/posts/FjQDXnTzKb3
and, more specifically, the sentence
"Google removed the ability for applications to determine what other applications are running on a device. That is, you are no longer allowed to see what applications are running in the background on your phone or tablet. In my opinion, removing this ability has a significant negative security consequence."

Could this change affect the "per app settings" option ? (note: I'm not an Android developer)
Last edited by CoolRaoul; 9th August 2015 at 11:10 AM.
10th August 2015, 08:17 PM |#73  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 3,814

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolRaoul

Hello, I'd like to ask the author if he's aware of what's explained in this post: https://plus.google.com/+TodLiebeck/posts/FjQDXnTzKb3
and, more specifically, the sentence

"Google removed the ability for applications to determine what other applications are running on a device. That is, you are no longer allowed to see what applications are running in the background on your phone or tablet. In my opinion, removing this ability has a significant negative security consequence."

Could this change affect the "per app settings" option ? (note: I'm not an Android developer)

Hello,

Yes, I am aware of it and I have implemented a different method to detect foreground app which is also introduced in Lollipop. Google introduced a new API which requires an extra permission (App usage statistics) and you have to enable Rotation under Settings > Security > Apps with usage access (Google+ post). It is working fine in most of the devices. Per App Settings will work just like in pre-Lollipop devices. If you have any issue then, please contact me with your device details.

New version is coming with lots of bug fixes and improvements. Stay tuned !!!

Thank you,
Pranav Pandey
Last edited by Pranav Pandey; 10th August 2015 at 09:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pranav Pandey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2015, 08:15 AM |#74  

More
Maybe an issue and, in any case, a question: by default in "per app settings" all app are ticked and set to "global orientation".
I thought that only app required to have a different setting from the defauld should be.
Is it how it's supposed to work or a glitch in my setup? In the first case I don't understand the purpose of the individual app toggles : what's the difference between an app whose specific setting is set to "global orientation" and an app for which per app setting is desactivated?
Last edited by CoolRaoul; 29th August 2015 at 10:50 AM.
21st August 2015, 08:18 AM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi Pranav,

I have just bought an KD-55X8505C Sony Android TV with Lollipop 5.0.1 and successfully installed the Rotation App.
When I chosse global rotation "forced portrait", all apps work fine in portrait mode.
The only thing that I don't know how to fix is that when I play a video (for exaple using VLC), the video app itself is in portrait mode, but the video itself is not rotating.
As you can see in the attached picture, the format seems to be adapted for portrait, but the video is showing in landscape, squeezed into the format.

Do you have an idea how to fix that?
Thanks for your help

Kind regards
P
24th September 2015, 05:39 PM |#76  

More
Hi,

I'm facing an issue with the lock screen on my device.
It's set to "forced auto-rotate" in the app but that works *only* when the phone not AC plugged.
As soon as I connect USB power, when if the phone is in horizontal position, the lock screen switches to portrait.

I've found a possible workaround which I don't really understand: activating a custom orientation for "charging" (which I don't really need) set to "behind" (built-in help not really clear for this mode)

BTW: my previous question, has not been answered. Didn't found an answer elsewere meantime.
29th January 2016, 10:48 PM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranav Pandey

Hello,

Yes, I am aware of it and I have implemented a different method to detect foreground app which is also introduced in Lollipop. Google introduced a new API which requires an extra permission (App usage statistics) and you have to enable Rotation under Settings > Security > Apps with usage access (Google+ post). It is working fine in most of the devices. Per App Settings will work just like in pre-Lollipop devices. If you have any issue then, please contact me with your device details.

New version is coming with lots of bug fixes and improvements. Stay tuned !!!

Thank you,
Pranav Pandey

Working great and somewhat quelling my frustration - I've been trying to enable auto rotation on a specific app at the apk level. I try to avoid 3rd party apps to mod one thing if I can mod the apk instead. What I'm wondering is if there's a simple mod that could force auto rotate in an apk that won't respond to settings. I've changed entries in /res/values/bools from false to true, changed entries in preference XML in /data/data, and changed /res/XML value. I've added write settings permissions to Android Manifest, etc, and it just won't rotate. Even when I applied global setting on Rotate, everything else responded, except this one app, (a MM home launcher port). Finally, when I applied 'force auto rotate' in per-app settings, now it rotates. So what's the secret to force it? Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)