FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[APP][2.0.1+][Root] Samba Filesharing Server for Android [Play & Dev builds]

199 posts
Thanks Meter: 202
 
By JimmyChingala, Senior Member on 3rd July 2014, 09:48 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd May 2015, 03:12 AM |#121  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I've jusy upgraded my Note Edge from 4.4.4 to Lollipop 5.0.1 but now the Samba Filesahring can only access to my external SDCARD but not my internal. Anyone care to share how to rectify this?
 
 
3rd May 2015, 05:13 AM |#122  
FadeFx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 2,391
 
Donate to Me
More
@yltan First go into samba settings and eneable "dont overwrite smb.conf"
Then use a filemanager like es fileexplorer and browse to data/data/com.funkyfresh.samba/files/ and open smb.conf as text.
There you can add any share you want manualy, just copy the block of external sd and change the paths manually.

tapatalked from lollipopped i9300
3rd May 2015, 06:27 AM |#123  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Tried that but when enable the apps, the Samba screen show (Enable-Not Running). I have changed as below...

[sdcard]
vfs objects = fake_perms
comment = Android /Storage/emulated/0
path = /storage/emulated/0
to
[sdcard]
vfs objects = fake_perms
comment = Android /Storage/emulated/legacy
path = /storage/emulated/legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeFx

@yltan First go into samba settings and eneable "dont overwrite smb.conf"
Then use a filemanager like es fileexplorer and browse to data/data/com.funkyfresh.samba/files/ and open smb.conf as text.
There you can add any share you want manualy, just copy the block of external sd and change the paths manually.

tapatalked from lollipopped i9300

3rd May 2015, 06:45 AM |#124  
FadeFx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 2,391
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yltan

Tried that but when enable the apps, the Samba screen show (Enable-Not Running). I have changed as below...

[sdcard]
vfs objects = fake_perms
comment = Android /Storage/emulated/0
path = /storage/emulated/0
to
[sdcard]
vfs objects = fake_perms
comment = Android /Storage/emulated/legacy
path = /storage/emulated/legacy

Hmm, can you try setting selinux to permissive using selinux mode changer and see if it helps?

tapatalked from lollipopped i9300
4th May 2015, 08:29 AM |#125  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Did you read #111 in this thread and set the permissions accordingly?
14th June 2015, 04:46 AM |#126  
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 91
 
Donate to Me
More
The app is missing from the Play Store. Update imminent or problems?
14th June 2015, 06:14 AM |#127  
FadeFx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 2,391
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus4000

The app is missing from the Play Store. Update imminent or problems?

Use the dev version from here, it works better anyway.

tapatalked from lollipopped i9300
21st June 2015, 01:58 PM |#128  
Junior Member
Flag Salvador-BA
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy Why app is not on Play Store anymore?
What happened?
21st June 2015, 07:58 PM |#129  
FadeFx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 2,391
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by persiomenezes

What happened?

We dont know, only @JimmyChingala can answer that. But as he seems quite busy in his real life, he probably missed something and google suspended his dev account.

tapatalked from lollipopped i9300
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FadeFx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes