Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.1+] Save your battery power with Pixel Battery Saver (Pixel Overlay App)

Tip us?

disip
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Ok, so here's the current status.

The premium app is ready, but still in beta (some bugs may happen) BUT...
I want this premium version to be paid (not much ofc!) - and making it possible is quite hard in my country (or even impossible in this case...), so I'm talking to my friend from Holland - he can help me with that (by creating the company in Holland, which is necessary to sell the apps). The problem is - we both don't know Holland's language.
Is there anyone from Holland who could help and that I could speak in English with?

I'd love to publish the premium app as far as everything about the company is done.

kalans
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Looking effective and a very nice layout in app. I will be testing this tomorrow, thanks mate!

Sent from my SM-G900A: ExtremeDebloat 2.3RC2

guky667
Old
(Last edited by guky667; 10th September 2014 at 05:57 PM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Info 2 2nd run of testing

Ok, so I did a second run of testing, suming about 4.5 hours of testing. First I'll post the results and then other data.

The app saves battery only when the mesh is on. If the app is running in the background with the screen on and mesh off it will actually drain a little of the battery more (9.5% drain, as I've calculated). Running through the low, medium, and max settings the gains are 3.4%, 20.8% and 93.3%.

So, the way i've tested it: *I'll put my phone specs at the end* Screen at maximum brightness left on for 30 mins to measure how much battery it would drain normally. I got 7% difference which would be 1% of battery drained per 4.14 minutes. Then with the app on but no mesh, and got 8% which means that it would take 3.75 mins to drain 1% battery (which would translate, with a little math, into a 9.5% battery drain). The rest on is %gain:

> At low settings I got about 7% which is just a little gain of 3.4%.
> The medium setting gives a 20.8% gain (resulted from the 6% drain in 30 minutes and 5 minutes needed for a 1% drain).
> And last the maximum setting would bring a gain of 93.3% to the battery, that's TWICE the battery life; 4% of the battery drained in 33 mins and 8.25 minutes required to drain 1% of the battery.

* I've also tested if the app drains any battery while the phone is in sleep and 2 hours of testing concluded that there's no perceived difference if the app is on or off; this means it doesn't drain any battery while in sleep.

* The conclusion would be that best results (in my case) for everyday saving would be on "high" setting, and if you really have to squeze the battery just put it on the highest and squint your eyes )

* The whole "test" lasted about 4.5 hours. If you need more details PM me and I'll give you the text document in which I have all the data.

! Fun fact: having your phone at the lowest brightness setting with the app on the highest mesh setting V.S. your phone on maximum brightness without the app saves almost 180% of battery ! xD
--------------
My phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 (AMOLED screen; 1280x720 resolution)
CPU: min=300MHz; max=1400MHz (Exynos 4412) - Governor: INTERACTIVE
GPU:min=160MHz; max=700MHz (MALI 400MP)
Runtime: ART
Kernel: Googy-Max2
ROM: CM11 (M9-snapshot)
Root: yes
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guky667 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

disip
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by guky667 View Post
If the app is running in the background with the screen on and mesh off it will actually drain a little of the battery more
This is totally changed in the next, premium version, as I made MANY changes in the actual code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guky667 View Post
Fun fact: having your phone at the lowest brightness setting with the app on the highest mesh setting V.S. your phone on maximum brightness without the app saves almost 180% of battery ! xD
And THAT is cool!

As I said, I've made SO many changes in the premium version and I just can't wait to be able to share this with you. I am really proud of it.

Here's some preview:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to disip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Martinhdk
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I like the app and will buy premium.

Suggestion/idea: I would like to be able to control where on my screen pixelation should be active - and how much.

Maybe screen divided in three zones?....
Best Regards - MartinH

SEARCH XDA-DEVELOPERS

| Present Phoney: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Network: Telmore - Denmark | OS: AOSB | Radio version: Donīt know | Still love my HD2 |