OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,150

5,722 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientist07

FIrst of all thanks for the app....used it on my nexus 5 on kitkat before i upgraded. Now I'm on lollipop and before i put on TWRP i want a stock recovery image for my nexus 5. Where can i get that cause i looked online but i only find the stock factory image. I have a stock recovery image file already but that was when i used kitkat and I'm not sure if they changed it in lollipop (i would assume so).

You just use the recovery,img that is in the 5.0 system restore images
21st November 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
I updated to 5.0 by sideloading the OTA zip package....there is no recovery.img file in that folder...i see other image files but none big enough to be a recovery img
21st November 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #33  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,150

5,722 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I updated to 5.0 by sideloading the OTA zip package....there is no recovery.img file in that folder...i see other image files but none big enough to be a recovery img

You can download the full images directly from google: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

You download the file for the nexus 5, open it, then within it is a zip file. the recovery will be in that zip
21st November 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Thumbs up best of the best
very helpful
21st November 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Quote:

I know about the images but i wanted to avoid downloading the entire thing....was wondering if there was a way to get it separate like if someone extracted it and uploaded it somewhere....but it looks like i have to download the entire factory image
22nd November 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 4

65 posts
More
Does the version of the recovery I choose in the app have to be the same version as the one already installed?
I mean, if I have an older version of TWRP installed, and I switch to stock recovery to apply an OTA, and then revert to a newer custom recovery by TWRP - will it cause a problem? or just flash the new version?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread