Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2.3+/3.2+/4.0+] Smart Selfie - Facial Recognition Voice Guidance

Tip us?

starcallr
Old
Thanks Meter 16
WAY better than the previous version/

chitrank
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Amazing App!!

Amazing app!! Lovin it so much!! but ui need to be updated.. Other than that it's a great app for selfie!!!! Really a great job!! @hotspot_volcano

hotspot_volcano
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrank View Post
Amazing app!! Lovin it so much!! but ui need to be updated.. Other than that it's a great app for selfie!!!! Really a great job!! @hotspot_volcano
Thanks guys the next version is going to be much better. I'm actually quite excited about the next version.

Having spent more time thinking about what to put in the next version, it will have:

*Beginners/Casual Mode (Balance Sensitivity). If you don't mind your face not being perfectly centered in the photo.You can take photos quickly with little hassle. Detected faces will always appear within the photo with no parts cropped off at the side or top of the photo no matter what setting sensitivity is selected.

You can crank it up or down depending on your selfie taking skills and you/your groups patience in taking the perfect selfie.

*A slight change to the voice guidance algorithm. Hopefully this will stop the left right loop if you start with the phone too close to your face. For best results at the moment always start with the phone about 1/2 meter from your face.

*Fix any settings that don't appear to be saved properly. (I'm getting some issues with Preview Size changes sometimes not saving as expected?)

*Delete photo feature option. (Complete, but just don't ask when Windows 7 RTPing you see the deleted ghost files on 4.4 builds?)
*Unified settings. (getting there)
*Increased volume? Most recordings was set to 90% loudness. I'll experimental with increasing them to 100%. Anyway for noisy places I highly recommended using a portable Bluetooth speaker ones that are small enough to be slipped into your pocket.

My flagship test device is the Moto G which is one of the loudest android phones in the market. With speakers pumping out ~87 dB. Most of the commands was fairly audible even in packed and noisy food-court using the default speakers found on back of the phone.