FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[APP] SWE Browser [A Fast Browser for Snapdragon Chips]

100 posts
Thanks Meter: 120

By magic_man, Senior Member on 7th January 2015, 04:39 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I originally posted this for the oneplus one, but theoretically it should benefit any device using the snapdragon processor and maybe other processors too?

The code is found here:
https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin...dragon/WebHome

If you try to build it takes a long time to get the code so be patient.

Basically this is an optimized browser made for the snapdragon processor. I have been running it for a few weeks and it is pretty solid. Really fast. I did some benchmarks vs firefox and chrome and it is between 10% - 30% faster. It just seems snappier than other browsers (Chrome and Firefox). If any one can benchmark it against other browsers I would appreciate if you could post the results.

Here are images of the benchmarks.
http://imgur.com/a/aXwmk

Here is a screenshot of the browser

Screen Short of Browser

It asks for a bunch of permissions, but I am not sure which ones are actually necessary so I left it as is.

Also if you have an older version of the SWE browser you will have to uninstall it since I signed it with a different key.

Here is link to the download:
http://gimagesearch.com/download.html
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to magic_man For This Useful Post: [ View ]

7th January 2015, 05:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
It looks and feels like aosp browser and it's pretty good, if only it had account sync and quick controls like the aosp it'd be just perfect.
7th January 2015, 05:31 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
SS not working
10th April 2015, 09:42 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Oh i'm so excited to try this! A while back I read about this and have always wanted to try it. The problem is no one was actively building it and I didn't want to try building it myself. Thanks for taking the time to build it.
11th April 2015, 06:38 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Fc on galaxy note 4 running kitkat 4.4
12th April 2015, 12:05 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
This works amazingly good on my note 2 stock 4.4.2, will you be able to put in features like closing all browser tabs at once?
12th April 2015, 12:21 AM |#7  
Flag Przemysl
Thanks Meter: 203

Donate to Me
More
Any mirror? I can't get over 15kb/s download
12th April 2015, 10:10 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Is the size of your browser justified ? Cause many other are smaller except chrome ....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread