I would like to present my most recent app that I developed: Titcher (link to Google Play). I originally started this app as a novel task switcher. However, with recent Android Lollipop API changes (getRecentTasks is deprecated), I made this into a general tool for shortcut access to various device features.
It uses a bubble that is always drawn on top of the screen, with which the shortcut execution can be initiated. As a special, it uses around-body interaction to trigger shortcuts. That means that you can rotate and pitch the phone to go through the shortcuts on different layers.
I would like to improve the app further, and therefore highly appreciate any feedback. Particularly I've the following questions. If any of you tests this app, it would be really cool if you let me know.
- What do you think about the idea/app in general? Particularly the around-body interaction…
- What do you think about the in-app tutorial? Is everything well explained and can be understood?
- I made the experience that the Ads load slowly sometimes. Unfortunately, they are a key part of the interaction and needed to monetarise the app at least a bit. If you try the app, could you let me know about the perceived performance and annoyance with these Ads?
- I once had the issue that the compass is not working properly on an Android 5.0 device. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce this bug. Is anybody experiencing similar issues?
If you have any further comments, ideas or feature wishes, please feel free to post them here or send them by email.
Thank you very much in advance!
Version: 1.6, Date: 2014-12-18
* Now 3 available shortcut layers in free version
* Added support for contact shortcuts
* Fixed a bug which prevented the shortcut switcher from loading properly
* Fixed a bug that caused the shortcut switcher look completely transparent
Version: 1.5, Date: 2014-12-03
* Added support for several different shortcut types
* Added shortcut layers
* Improved visual appearance
* Made app working on Android 5.0 Lollipop
* Various bug fixes
Version: 1.4, Date: 2014-11-14
* Improved shortcut launch robustness
* Made upgrade process more reliable
Version: 1.3, Date: 2014-11-14
* Initial public release