Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,275 Members 43,053 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP]Sfen (profile management app) [updated: 26.08.2014]

Tip us?

greglord
Old
(Last edited by greglord; 26th August 2014 at 08:02 PM.) Reason: Updating to last 1.0
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP]Sfen (profile management app) [updated: 26.08.2014]

ABOUT

I know there's a huge list of profile management apps released already; This is my first project; It's open source and you can freely check the code on https://code.google.com/p/sfen/. Android version requirement: 4.0.* (Ice Cream Sandwich aka ICS).
  • sfen is not a abbreviation of any kind.
  • sfen is swen but with f.
  • sfen is sheep, like you and me.
  • sfen is cool.
  • sfen gets chicks and other sheep.
  • ...actually, sfen is profile management app

WHAT SFEN CAN DO RIGHT NOW
  • more events can be active at the same moment
  • profile settings have sound & display options and run specified actions. Actions include toggling wifi, data (root required), vibrate, show dialog window, play sfen sound, run specified application OR shortcut and more
  • events can be enabled/disabled
  • it can trigger event actions by geolocation (google play services is required!): leaving and entering specific location will be triggered, wifi status, gps status, time range, single time, current day, screen on/off, cell connection, other event running/not running, battery level and battery status
  • more conditions can be added to single event and used to match ALL or ANY condition
  • it can set the priorities of events so if more events are active at the same time, it will take the priority set in advanced options of event into consideration
  • it can record cell history
  • using call allow & deny list, you can allow or deny specific 1) contact, 2) group or 3) phone number or part of it to not ring or ring in silent profile!
  • you can call sfen events or profiles directly using actions/widgets from your favorite launcher!

WHAT SFEN WILL BE AVAILABLE TO DO IN THE NEAR FUTURE (aka TODO list)
  • Localization (completed: Slovenian, Spanish, Serbian, Russian, Dutch, Swedish).
  • Implementation for 3rd party apps (Locale)
  • Localization support (moving hardcoded strings to string xml and start finding translators!)
  • Bugfixing!

WHAT DOES SFEN LOOK LIKE?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-52-25.png
Views:	3298
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	2865079 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-52-38.png
Views:	3081
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	2865080 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-52-51.png
Views:	2696
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	2865081 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-53-27.jpg
Views:	2373
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	2865082
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-53-50.png
Views:	2157
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	2865083 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-54-04.png
Views:	1983
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	2865084 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-16-54-23.png
Views:	1867
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	2865087

DOWNLOAD & INSTRUCTIONS

Please, when testing new version, ALWAYS do this:
  1. Open app > press menu > pick Exit (to clean all timers, geofaces and close background services)
  2. Uninstall previous Application
  3. (if, for any reason, you think some background services are still kept after uninstall, just reboot application; currently it doesn't start on boot)

Download:
Google Play Store

Previous versions:
Here: sfen-230820142245-signed.apk
Here: sfen-150820142031-signed.apk
Here: sfen-080820142344-signed.apk
Here: sfen-310720142210-signed.apk
Here: sfen-280720142051-signed.apk
Here: sfen-220720141727-signed.apk

Q & A

What permissions does sfen currently need?
Wifi state, Network state, Fine location (current user location only if you select to use conditions on Geolocation), Internet, External Storage and more. At the end, it's more or less condition>action application. If you're interested in knowing more about where does Sfen use any permission and what for, just ask!

Does the name of app have anything to do with Sven Bomwollen?
Maybe. Click.

Why can't I find sfen on Google Play store?
As soon as we finish beta2 milestone, we're going live (aka. google play store)!

DEVELOPMENT INFO

Sfen is located on GitHub repository or as backup at https://code.google.com/p/sfen/.

To get local Git copy, use the command: git clone https://github.com/lordgreg/Sfen.git

Current Issues can be found here.

DONATIONS

If you like my work and would like to support my future development, please donate

UPDATES
All changes (including editing and bugfixing can be found on GitHub)

23. august 2014 Lambadaaa!!!! (Woa, woa, woa, woa,.... woa!)
  • about page added
  • bluetooth conditions added and still testing (ty @ron_e)
  • added conditons: event condition true/false
  • fixed exception when adding Location
  • added run script command
  • fixed bug: Alarms don't duplicate anymore.
  • History of cells sorted
  • When cell location changed triggers, if cellid is in the list already, update its time
  • Updated battery levels (condition) with seekbars
  • Fixed rotation exception
  • #22 fixed!
  • Preferences don't have time picker and use 24hr - Sfen takes this info from system settings (ty @gerhardol)
  • Sfen will always ask you before going back from Event/Profile if you want to save changes (if any)

THANK YOU

Thank you everyone that will contribute to the app in any kind. I will listen to all of your suggestions and try to reply to all of your messages. Oh, one last thing, If you want instant reply, just tweet me on @gpapez.

Regards,

Gregor
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to greglord For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ForSquirel
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Will definitely check this out when I get a chance.

shredmatix
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Record feature

Hey man haven't tested your app yet coz I ain't got an android device right now.....
But I'd like to request a feature......

RECORD FEATURE.....
Sort of when I press record it goes to home and then keeps noticing whatever I do...
Eg: I open settings and remove developer options....

And then stop recording when I press a specific key combination and then show whatever it understood....

And then there should be two kinds of record...
1 that records gestures and touches....like if I press home button,touch the chrome icon and save it next time if I replays the chrome icon with hangount icon and then play it it should launch hangounts.....bcoz its just following my recorded trial....

2 that records activities and ignores gestures...eg if I launch chrome and open XDA and save it next time I play it should launch chrome and open XDA......

I know those are big requests but u say ur collecting ideas......
I'll be testing it soon.....

tanqueta207
Old
(Last edited by tanqueta207; 28th July 2014 at 06:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Default Testing

Hi, I'm testing it but there is no action besides the notification. Can you add at least wifi on off option in actions? It will be nice to test the application having at least one action working. Nice app!

greglord
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanqueta207 View Post
Hi, I'm testing it but there is no action besides the notification. Can you add at least wifi on off option in actions? It will be nice to test the application having at least one action working. Nice app!
Thank you for testing. I will add an action to Enable / disable Wifi for the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmatix View Post
Hey man haven't tested your app yet coz I ain't got an android device right now.....
But I'd like to request a feature......

RECORD FEATURE.....
Sort of when I press record it goes to home and then keeps noticing whatever I do...
Eg: I open settings and remove developer options....

And then stop recording when I press a specific key combination and then show whatever it understood....

And then there should be two kinds of record...
1 that records gestures and touches....like if I press home button,touch the chrome icon and save it next time if I replays the chrome icon with hangount icon and then play it it should launch hangounts.....bcoz its just following my recorded trial....

2 that records activities and ignores gestures...eg if I launch chrome and open XDA and save it next time I play it should launch chrome and open XDA......

I know those are big requests but u say ur collecting ideas......
I'll be testing it soon.....
Hi and thank you for your reply! As you explained, you need an app like macro recorder is (FRep or HiroMacro). Don't know how else macro recording would fit in profile management app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSquirel View Post
Will definitely check this out when I get a chance.
Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to greglord For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

auggie2k
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Hey nice application but there are no options for actions other than show notifications. Can you make this work with CM Profiles, to enable / disable them at my chosen time / location? Thanks!

heartrobber18
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Smile UI lift

Just like to offer my help on UI lift for Sfen. I already have an idea in my mind for a profile management app. Let me know if you need a designer! Sample: http://www.abtevrythng.com/2014/03/a...eimagined.html
The Following User Says Thank You to heartrobber18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

greglord
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by auggie2k View Post
Hey nice application but there are no options for actions other than show notifications. Can you make this work with CM Profiles, to enable / disable them at my chosen time / location? Thanks!
Hi and thank you for your comment

I will try to contact CM devs to ask if CM profile access and management is possible from other (in this case Sfen) app. I'll keep you updated on their reply.

greglord
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartrobber18 View Post
Just like to offer my help on UI lift for Sfen. I already have an idea in my mind for a profile management app. Let me know if you need a designer! Sample: http://www.abtevrythng.com/2014/03/a...eimagined.html
Thank you heartrobber18!

I'd be more than glad to get any suggestion on UI (your samples look great- very playstore-ish, meaning trending!). Will try to focus more to that kind of design. Let me know if you have more ideas!

DusBekas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What about if the screen is on then the notification sound will be turned off. And if the screen is off, the notiffication sound will be turned on again

Tags
profile management, sfen