[APP]Sfen (profile management app) [updated: 26.08.2014]
I know there's a huge list of profile management apps released already; This is my first project; It's open source and you can freely check the code on https://code.google.com/p/sfen/
. Android version requirement: 4.0.* (Ice Cream Sandwich aka ICS).
WHAT SFEN CAN DO RIGHT NOW
- sfen is not a abbreviation of any kind.
- sfen is swen but with f.
- sfen is sheep, like you and me.
- sfen is cool.
- sfen gets chicks and other sheep.
- ...actually, sfen is profile management app
WHAT SFEN WILL BE AVAILABLE TO DO IN THE NEAR FUTURE (aka TODO list)
- more events can be active at the same moment
- profile settings have sound & display options and run specified actions. Actions include toggling wifi, data (root required), vibrate, show dialog window, play sfen sound, run specified application OR shortcut and more
- events can be enabled/disabled
- it can trigger event actions by geolocation (google play services is required!): leaving and entering specific location will be triggered, wifi status, gps status, time range, single time, current day, screen on/off, cell connection, other event running/not running, battery level and battery status
- more conditions can be added to single event and used to match ALL or ANY condition
- it can set the priorities of events so if more events are active at the same time, it will take the priority set in advanced options of event into consideration
- it can record cell history
- using call allow & deny list, you can allow or deny specific 1) contact, 2) group or 3) phone number or part of it to not ring or ring in silent profile!
- you can call sfen events or profiles directly using actions/widgets from your favorite launcher!
WHAT DOES SFEN LOOK LIKE?
DOWNLOAD & INSTRUCTIONS
- Localization (completed: Slovenian, Spanish, Serbian, Russian, Dutch, Swedish).
- Implementation for 3rd party apps (Locale)
Localization support (moving hardcoded strings to string xml and start finding translators!)
Please, when testing new version, ALWAYS do this:
- Open app > press menu > pick Exit (to clean all timers, geofaces and close background services)
- Uninstall previous Application
- (if, for any reason, you think some background services are still kept after uninstall, just reboot application; currently it doesn't start on boot)
Google Play Store
Q & A
What permissions does sfen currently need?
Wifi state, Network state, Fine location (current user location only if you select to use conditions on Geolocation), Internet, External Storage and more. At the end, it's more or less condition>action application. If you're interested in knowing more about where does Sfen use any permission and what for, just ask!
Does the name of app have anything to do with Sven Bomwollen?
Why can't I find sfen on Google Play store?
As soon as we finish beta2 milestone, we're going live (aka. google play store)!
Sfen is located on GitHub repository
or as backup at https://code.google.com/p/sfen/
To get local Git copy, use the command: git clone https://github.com/lordgreg/Sfen.git
Current Issues can be found here
If you like my work and would like to support my future development, please donate
All changes (including editing and bugfixing can be found on GitHub
23. august 2014 Lambadaaa!!!!
(Woa, woa, woa, woa,.... woa!)
- about page added
- bluetooth conditions added and still testing (ty @ron_e)
- added conditons: event condition true/false
- fixed exception when adding Location
- added run script command
- fixed bug: Alarms don't duplicate anymore.
- History of cells sorted
- When cell location changed triggers, if cellid is in the list already, update its time
- Updated battery levels (condition) with seekbars
- Fixed rotation exception
- #22 fixed!
- Log interface done
- Preferences don't have time picker and use 24hr - Sfen takes this info from system settings (ty @gerhardol)
- Sfen will always ask you before going back from Event/Profile if you want to save changes (if any)
Thank you everyone that will contribute to the app in any kind. I will listen to all of your suggestions and try to reply to all of your messages. Oh, one last thing, If you want instant reply, just tweet me on @gpapez