What is the Illumination Bar?
It is the LED strip below the H/W Home button.
Didn't Sony provide that?
No they didn't, in fact they denied any manual control over the Illumination BAR in XE, when I asked them.
Why take so much time to release this app?
Because, I simply didn't know how to create an APP. And it wasn't until March 2014 I discovered on how to control the Illumination BAR
1. Illumin-Complete manual control of the Illumination BAR
Seventeen different colors. Some would argue that they are similar but they aren't. App will work correctly only on Sony Xperia E.
2. Notillumin- Illumination Bar lights up to notify for specific events such as,
- Blue-When you have a missed call
- Turquoise-Unread Msg
- White-New whatsapp notification
- Peach-When display is unlocked
- Purple-when battery levels are between 50% to 90%
- Green-Incoming Call[blinks only once, trying to make it blink longer].
Popup asking whether to open Apollo Music Player when Headphones are connected
[Power Savings]As soon as Battery level hits 30%, following changes will occur
WiFi - OFF
BT - OFF
Mobile Data - OFF
Brigthness - Minimum
Display Timeout - 15 seconds
CPU- Min Freq-245MHz, Max Freq-1GHz, Governer-ondemand
It has most of the functionality for Xperia E however some features may work on other phones
NOTE-Both apps require ROOT access, and both apps run a Monitoring Service, so when you open them for the first time, be patient.
Enough said time for APKS