No registration required

Digital Car - Front end for Android tablet

OP CdRsKuLL

Announcement from CdRsKuLL: Brand new Android car front end for tablet
2nd November 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #171  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Arrow can I get this without google+ ?
Is there any way to get this cool app without joining a google+ group?

Google+ = FAIL , the only thing i have is gmail, even moved my youtube channel to dailymotion. Google is evil. Pissed me off to no end changing youtube and jamming google+ down our throats. F google. Sorry for rant.

ironic my new tablet is android. LOL

Anyway to get app by email link or?
3rd November 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #172  

8 posts
Any chance of making this open source? I'm a java dev and would help to improve this app.

If you are not into that, it's okay too and I will start a open source alternative by myself.
3rd November 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #173  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 30

1,181 posts
More
nice app, but in my humble opinion is not so useful for now. Sorry but this is intended to be a constructive criticism let me explain

I had a tablet (huawei mediapad) embedded in my cockpit for almost 2 years now, this is my final build after many trials (buttons are usb-driven keyboard disassebled and re-routed) and I think I have a bit of experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma7Dr5eOC2o

imho the PRIMARY lack of your project are the missing always visible shortcut on bottom bar to rapidly switch between navi/music/whatsapp and so on, they are absolutely necessary while driving

the second problem are the icons, they are WAY too small and close

the third problem (if you plan to have a built in device in your car) is the lack of a bluetooth handsfree "server" mode for android, and even on my solution isn't fixed at all (i use a twin sim on the tablet)

Also, the music interface seems a bit "chinese" but it's a matter of personal taste, I prefer poweramp with a nice skin that also gave me equalizer and the possibility to set different volumes for navigation and/or music

good luck I spent MANY time to have all installed and configured (tasker/torque/desktop visualizer), can't wait to see a project that includes all aspect of a car front end in few clicks
5th November 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #174  

2 posts
Is the developer monitoring this forum?
5th November 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #175  
Thanks Meter: 21

80 posts
More
Sorry for the OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by guap

Also, the music interface seems a bit "chinese" but it's a matter of personal taste, I prefer poweramp with a nice skin that also gave me equalizer and the possibility to set different volumes for navigation and/or music

Could you give me some details about this? I'd love separate volume controls. Thanks in advance
5th November 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #176  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 30

1,181 posts
More
simply install poweramp free and test yourself the integrated equalizer there is a huge knob for that
The Following User Says Thank You to guap For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #177  
Thanks Meter: 21

80 posts
More
Ahh! LOL. I thought you meant the skin gave you that level of control! Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread