Digital Car - Front end for Android tablet

Announcement from CdRsKuLL: Brand new Android car front end for tablet
21st February 2015, 02:18 PM   |  #201  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Video Android Car Radio
Hey guys, check out the following head unit.
Built for many different model cars and runs Android very well.

4th March 2015, 03:15 AM   |  #202  
Thanks Meter: 11

42 posts
Building a custom car stereo using an odroid c1, gonna get it in a week and start playing with it. This looks awesome, but i would like to use the gpio on the odroid to interact with the car. Any chance of gpio support or an api to interact with the app externally? Guessing you have no plans to share the source

I need the gpio to detect when the car is on and maybe interact with alarm/switches since i'll power the board from the battery and use the ignition with gpio. So ideally an external method of telling it the power is off/on since it will be always plugged in and maybe add buttons that can be hooked.

I do c++ dev and only did some minor work on android, i'm pretty sure i could just run a bg service for the gpio that issues play/pause requests, but it would ideally be cleaner if i could just hook into your power detection.
16th March 2015, 08:14 AM   |  #203  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
More
Hi, I have a Ca-Fi Dashlinq4 car head unit and wonder if someone with a ca-fi or another android stereo is running the DigitalCar app? Play market shows the app as non compatible? Any idea? Is there direct download available? I would love to try this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread