FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[GAME][2.1+] Ballstacks, a numbers based puzzle game inspired by Drop7

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By mfmc, Member on 12th August 2014, 10:38 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd March 2015, 02:19 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Just saw the update and purchased the ad free version. Thanks!

I noticed the graphical glitches have returned. The board is shrunk down when I switch from a 7x7 to a 6x6. However, at least now, after I drop the first ball, it auto corrects itself.

Sent from my secret lair in a hidden mountainside.
Last edited by mrdoug; 23rd March 2015 at 03:19 AM.

23rd March 2015, 04:22 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Nice and addicting game. Hope you get many downloads
23rd March 2015, 03:35 PM |#53  

More
I found another graphical glitch... The balls seems to be smaller on the side of the field (right). It may or may not be important to note that this is one of the games where the screen resized on the first game. I started out playing my 6x6,finished that and started a 7x7. The 7x7 field started off being off the screen (didn't fit... Saw half a ball on the sides). After I played my first drop, it automatically resized.

Hope you can find the issue here. Really like this game. ☺

(HTC One m7 running Android 4.4.2)

24th March 2015, 12:48 AM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Pretty good stuff. The simple UI is nice without being crappy and the gameplay is challenging enough to keep interest. Nicely done.
4th April 2015, 12:09 PM |#55  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug

I found another graphical glitch... The balls seems to be smaller on the side of the field (right). It may or may not be important to note that this is one of the games where the screen resized on the first game. I started out playing my 6x6,finished that and started a 7x7. The 7x7 field started off being off the screen (didn't fit... Saw half a ball on the sides). After I played my first drop, it automatically resized.

Hope you can find the issue here. Really like this game. ☺

(HTC One m7 running Android 4.4.2)

I don't know if the publisher frequents this forum often anymore, so I wanted to close the loop hole on my last post for anyone who reads this forum. Developer got my email re: the graphical bugs and immediately fixed them. This app has very active and responsive development. (and it's great fun) If you remember and enjoyed drop7 from years past (not the new permission heavy one), you may like this game. 😊

4th April 2015, 08:35 PM |#56  
Flag Up in the sticks.
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

Developer got my email re: the graphical bugs and immediately fixed them.

I like this game too. But do you find it eats a lot of battery for a simple game? I mentioned it to the dev a while ago and he said it's probably because of the white screen. But I've tried it on my S5 on KitKat, Lollipop, with several different kernels and sometimes the phone gets very hot, as if playing an intensive 3d game. Sometimes when the board is nearly full it becomes laggy and the phone gets very hot. Maybe the GPU working overtime or something?
The Following User Says Thank You to jabbado For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2015, 08:55 PM |#57  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbado

I like this game too. But do you find it eats a lot of battery for a simple game? I mentioned it to the dev a while ago and he said it's probably because of the white screen. But I've tried it on my S5 on KitKat, Lollipop, with several different kernels and sometimes the phone gets very hot, as if playing an intensive 3d game. Sometimes when the board is nearly full it becomes laggy and the phone gets very hot. Maybe the GPU working overtime or something?

Hmm, I'll have to pay more attention. I don't recall it getting very hot, but battery use I never watched closely. The white screen will play some part in that, I'd imagine. I know the developer was very interested in idea of additional themes (beyond grey and white). I'm using an HTC one m7... I'll report back on how the battery use goes.

6th April 2015, 12:26 AM |#58  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbado

I did a quick test and I think you are right. I emailed the developer and offered to install a battery monitor and do some more detailed tests. In the end, he'll have to figure out what's causing the big drain, though. I'm sure he'll look into it asap. I'll post if I hear anything in response. [emoji4]

6th April 2015, 01:17 AM |#59  
Flag Up in the sticks.
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

I did a quick test and I think you are right. I emailed the developer and offered to install a battery monitor and do some more detailed tests. In the end, he'll have to figure out what's causing the big drain, though. I'm sure he'll look into it asap. I'll post if I hear anything in response. [emoji4]

Thanks mate. Well I'm running ktoonz kernel and it comes with an app that monitors cpu usage and gpu temp. It shows the gpu sometimes going over 64 degrees while playing ballstacks. And the cpu getting maxed out occasionally too. There just doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it happens though. Hope the dev can work it out. Nice little game to pass the time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread