Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 51,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+]Dynamic Pin- Lock ur screen&apps with state of art authenticating algorith

Tip us?

tanmoy02
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Please fix the lock screen bug...

MowTow
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Oh great. What a stupid app. Locked me out of my own phone -.-
Verification process was successful, toast shown in emergency dialer.
And then? After I really activated it - no more toasts thus I'm locked out and need to load my last TWRP-Backup.

Really should've read this thread before as there is no hint in the play store description that there is a freaking bug that can render your phone useless.

Good thing I did not buy the advanced pack in advance.

Will never install again.

not_cool

My1xT
Old
Thanks Meter 346
@ OP would be nice if you can create a lockscreen widget to avoid the toast issue...
Blood Root and Honor for all the android Users in the World
also I apologize if some one thinks that a post offended someone, please forgive me, and just for information I have an Asperger Syndrome
For users of the Simplistic Framework: Please look into my new FAQ before asking, we have already enough multiple posts asking/stating the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to My1xT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vijayr0218
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by My1xT View Post
@ OP would be nice if you can create a lockscreen widget to avoid the toast issue...
Thank you. Development already in progress . Will be published in a day or two . This will resolve the bug for 4.2+ devices .
The Following User Says Thank You to vijayr0218 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gggggas
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Great update good job 1 small issue left at least for me, I still get random password requests where sometimes all letters are 0.

vijayr0218
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Automatic unlock feature added. You can select required incorrect attempts after which device unlocks . This option can be disabled .

Dynamic pin widget for lock screen is added . Android 4.2+ supports lock screen widget .

Settings , Play store and Installers can be locked with dynamic pin to authorize uninstallations .

Now by default only binary numbers 0 and 1 are used during initial installations . So pin varies among 0000 , 0001 and 0002. After which user can configure for single digit ( 0 - 9 ) or two digit ( 0 - 99 ) numbers .
The Following User Says Thank You to vijayr0218 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

My1xT
Old
Thanks Meter 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggggas View Post
Great update good job 1 small issue left at least for me, I still get random password requests where sometimes all letters are 0.
you have to set the number range. unfortunately, since an Update the default is now "only 0s and 1s", so well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayr0218 View Post
Automatic unlock feature added. You can select required incorrect attempts after which device unlocks . This option can be disabled .

Dynamic pin widget for lock screen is added . Android 4.2+ supports lock screen widget .

Settings , Play store and Installers can be locked with dynamic pin to authorize uninstallations .

Now by default only binary numbers 0 and 1 are used during initial installations . So pin varies among 0000 , 0001 and 0002. After which user can configure for single digit ( 0 - 9 ) or two digit ( 0 - 99 ) numbers .
also just a question: where's the point of an automatic unlock after x tries, that's not the point of a lock application...
glad we can disable it
Blood Root and Honor for all the android Users in the World
also I apologize if some one thinks that a post offended someone, please forgive me, and just for information I have an Asperger Syndrome
For users of the Simplistic Framework: Please look into my new FAQ before asking, we have already enough multiple posts asking/stating the same.

MowTow
Old
(Last edited by MowTow; 19th August 2014 at 01:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I have to take back everything I said about this app.
The update fixed everything. Fantastic!

One suggestion I have for you, Sir.
Instead of letting the app say "please enable device administrator" give the user the option to directly access this setting.
Should be possible as I've seen this in several other apps which need to be device admin.

// I bought the advanced pack and cannot use it The buttons still say "buy basic pack" and "buy advanced pack". When I now click on "buy advanced pack" it just says "basic expression pack purchase failed". When I try to use "Min(i,l)" for example I get the message I should buy a pack. What do?

Nevermind. After a reboot the app recognizes my purchase!

// One more thing: Auto unlock after a predefined number of failed attempts does not work for me. I don't care because the app is working fine but anyway I have it set to 5 (default). After 5 failed attempts my phone just asks me to wait a couple of seconds before I can try again. Then again I entered 5 times wrong but my phone just told me to wait again.

// Two more suggestions.
1) When you first launch the app you get this list of apps which you would like to block. I don't use this function at all, so I had to press back - which lead me back to my homescreen and I had to launch the app again to finally set up my key-guard.
Would be awesome if you could add a "back to app main menu" button to the app list so you don't have to exit and reopen the app to use it.
2) I really love the MIN / MAX function. It would be great if you add a hint, that it is case sensitive. Because on first try I just copied the Min(a,p) from the predefined list - and got a runtime error. As an alternative you could check the entered text for "min" and "max" and - if found - capitalize it for the user.
Also - when using MIN / MAX it would be really really awesome if the app could generate 4digit numbers and not only 2 digit numbers.

// And one problem I have found.
I've set the numbers span to 0-99. When I launch the app and it says "Verification" the numbers go from 0 to 25.
And the matrix for screen unlock only goes from 0-15. I have set MIN(i,l) and I have rebooted my phone four times in a row now. The matrix is always
10 3 6 15
9 0 6 0
2 8 15 4
0 1 10 7
So the "dynamic" pin was always 0002. This is neither random, nor dynamic.

Please help me. How do I generate a new matrix?