Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 40,273 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Hangouts Dialer with Voice Finally...

Tip us?

ankitsuthar
Old
(Last edited by ankitsuthar; 10th September 2014 at 05:03 PM.) Reason: speeling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thumbs up [APP] Hangouts Dialer with Voice Finally...

Hangouts''s Google Voice incorporation is at long last incident. We began seeing usefulness fuse into Hangouts overnight, however there remain a couple of crimps to work out that we're trusting an approaching application redesign will alter. Until then, Google has hit the Play Store with a committed Hangouts Dialer application.

This application develops Hangouts with the capacity to make telephone calls. Clients will have the capacity to place calls to anybody telephone number on the planet, with most calls to the US and Canada being free. Interchanges between two Hangouts clients will likewise not cost a thing. Likewise, individuals can associate a Google Voice number to utilize it for Voip calls.

Download at Play Store :

Dialer App

And latest Hangout 2.3 apk herewith attached also above hangout voice apk attached.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ankitsuthar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cauchon
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I can't seem to get SMS working through it, but good improvement so far

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Note II

ankitsuthar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauchon View Post
I can't seem to get SMS working through it, but good improvement so far

Any problem in SMS... ?? i am using since i got my #MotoG... with merged conversion feature ( SMS and Google Chat of same person in single thread)... and now Calling feature. In India call charges are 0.01$ per minute...

Cauchon
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsuthar View Post
Any problem in SMS... ?? i am using since i got my #MotoG... with merged conversion feature ( SMS and Google Chat of same person in single thread)... and now Calling feature. In India call charges are 0.01$ per minute...
From what I read on another blog, we should get prompted to turn on Google Voice texts in Hangouts too - http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014...oip-calls.html

Hasn't worked for me yet though.

Samsung Galaxy Note II

JoeSyr
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I'm interested in using this with my house-phone handsets over Bluetooth, but it doesn't seem to integrate into the actual dialer settings and therefore the bluetooth connection doesn't pick it up (I can use the same bluetooth connection to connect to my mobile line, so it's working fine normally).

It's my understanding that the paid version of Groove IP offered this kind of integration as a selling point when it was one of the big ways to accomplish wifi calling with Google Voice, but I can't find info on other dialer replacements doing the same.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of setup? I'm wondering if Google might eventually push an integrated solution for Nexus devices that could be pulled and made to work, or if 3rd party apps could theoretically add this kind of support (or maybe they already do).

timothydonohue
Old
Thanks Meter 103
the new version of google hangouts + hangouts dialer works fantastic for voip calling. sms integration is hit and miss, as some people have the option to merge google voice, and others apparently do not.
If you need help, try IRC #Cyanogenmod in freenode.net
Someone may be able to help you there. I will try, if I'm on.

Capt4Chris
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Partially Migrated

So far I've received an update to the Hangouts (2.3) and Google Voice apps but I haven't received the prompt in Hangouts to merge my Google Voice service into Hangouts yet.

So I can place Hangout calls to other Hangout users and it even lets my make calls to regular phone numbers from Hangouts but it uses my mobile number (based on the receiving end's caller ID) and does not make the call over the internet (I turned off mobile data and wifi to make sure).

So I guess in order to make VOIP calls, I need to wait until I get the prompt in Hangouts to merge my Google Voice service into Hangouts?

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt4Chris View Post
So far I've received an update to the Hangouts (2.3) and Google Voice apps but I haven't received the prompt in Hangouts to merge my Google Voice service into Hangouts yet.

So I can place Hangout calls to other Hangout users and it even lets my make calls to regular phone numbers from Hangouts but it uses my mobile number (based on the receiving end's caller ID) and does not make the call over the internet (I turned off mobile data and wifi to make sure).

So I guess in order to make VOIP calls, I need to wait until I get the prompt in Hangouts to merge my Google Voice service into Hangouts?
Well I guess this explains it.

Google Hangouts W/Voice gets yanked
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Stock
Android version: 4.4.4
Kernel version: 3.4.0-gd59db4e
Build number: KTU84P
Baseband (Radio) version: ?
PRI: ?
PRL: ?
HBOOT: ?
Recovery: Stock

Phone History:
Current (Straight Talk using AT&T Towers): Nexus 5
(Sprint): EVO 4G LTE <- Palm Pre 2 <- Palm Pre- <- HTC Touch Pro <- Samsung SPH-A900 <- Toshiba VM-4050

khaytsus
Old
Thanks Meter 1,081
Hopefully once they fix it, I can use GV in Hangouts to send texts.. I hate using the GV app specifically to send them.

But what I hate worse about Hangouts is it defaults to sending people a hangout request rather than sending an SMS. I've done that by accident MULTIPLE times and the person never gets it because they either don't pay attention to their google account or have no intention of using hangouts.

I stick with the Messaging app in AOKP for now, just be nice if I could use my GV SMS more directly.
AT&T LG G2 - 4.4.4, AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.4, AOKP (m-kernel)
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com

rex28818
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Awesome I like it now....