Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

HQ Android - Android review website

24th February 2015, 12:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
HQ Android is an android review website, focused only on applications. My initial plan was to review every major application, and then simply have them updated as time passes.

Besides simple reviews, there will be news about weekly app updates (including changelog), android wear app reviews, mock designs for app redesigns etc.

We were a larger team, but I went inactive for few months due to preparations for my marriage and honeymoon. In that period, some of them left, and now there are five of us still willing to work on this project.

All authors are allowed to put up to two adsense units in their reviews, and there will be no other ads on those reviews. Other ways of site monetization would be paying for review positioning on website (the three reviews at the top, and the wide one, currently Dashclock). In other words, visitors wouldnt be spammed with ads. I will help out authors without Adsense account to get one, and those that have it ready can immediately add their ads.

Now Im not a web programmer at all, Im just pretty familiar with WordPress. I bought a theme on Themeforest, set it up and paid a designer for a logo. The theme itself is pretty good and has all the features a standard review website would need. However, there are some things Id like to get implemented/changed, so I requested those from the developer. If the site gets fairly popular, I might hire someone to build a custom theme for the website, or build the site on a different framework.

What we need mostly is authors. You dont need to write x reviews per day, any number of reviews will work. You can write when you have time, without any pressure. Wed like to review every popular app out there, so a large number of authors are welcome. Other forms of support are more than welcome too, like designers, people running the social media accounts etc.

I still need to polish the website a bit, and we need to put average author ratings instead of single author rating. Game reviews and sections need an update too. The site is currently in beta, until we finish those things.

You can visit the website at HQAndroid.com

All suggestions and critiques are more than welcome.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ribice For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2015, 03:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 738

359 posts
More
Hi. I am interested in writing for your website. Can you please guide me on how to apply for it and get started?

Sent from my HM 1SW using XDA Free mobile app
25th February 2015, 06:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

36 posts
Going to send you a message now.

Regards,
25th February 2015, 06:51 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 127

357 posts
Its a fine site mate, well done. Ill visit regularly.

Do you offer devs reviews? If so what sort of audience do you have?
26th February 2015, 07:27 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

36 posts
Sure, all devs are free to submit their review. We'll check it before posting.

Well currently there is hardly something you can call an audience. We haven't advertised anywhere (prior to this XDA post or reddit) so we're slowly trying to build it.
9th March 2015, 04:29 PM   |  #6  
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 738

359 posts
More
Bump

Sent from my HM 1SW using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hqandroid, review, reviews
Previous Thread Next Thread