Presenting my first App - AutoCon
AutoCon will turn off the connections when screen goes off and turn them back on when screen turns on - Saves battery by turning off connections when you don't need them, Saves data usages. You can still be connected to internet by activating networks periodically when screen remains off!
AutoCon helps user to control the connections like Data, WiFi, Bluetooth with the activities of screen. This will prevent the unwanted usages of the network connections which leads to improve battery life!
Some user reviews worth mentioning on this post
Holy crap, this app has increased both my idle and regular battery life / screen time by a substantial amount. Ironically, I've used apps like this before that supposedly turn off connections and help manage battery life, but they never work. Often times the service that runs in the background tends to chew up more battery life than it conserves.
This is the first time an app has actually substantially improved my battery life like this. I'm pushing 19+ hours on my Nexus 5 and i still have 40% left. I usually only manage 10-12 hours on a regular day before I need to recharge.
Thanks a BUNCH for this!
As promised for the review, Let me tell you that its hard to judge a app within 1 day. So I have been using it from last 5 days almost and everything is running fine. I tried this on AOGP Rom of Grand Duos (I9082) and Mokee ROM & PAC Man ROM of Redmi 1S and everything is working just fine. Also it doesn't need but I have taken a log which seems everything running good and a Screenshot which shows that after screen on AutoCon is starting Wi-Fi with a toast notification. I don't let the app to S.off my bluetooth because I use it with my "JABRA Wave+" and I like it so. Please don't search for bluetooth option in log file.
Moreover I will request to have a boot-up option so that it will run from boot itself.
I hope I have made a clear review. In final and direct word - Its a fantastic App, which serve the purpose its been designed for. I must recommend to those who complaints for battery issues.
AutoCon got a sweet spot on XDA news
Explanation of permissions
Device & app history (retrieve running apps)
- User for white-list application feature (to determmine foreground running app in case user wants AutoCon not to close connnection when a perticular app is running)
connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
view network connections
change network connectivity
access Bluetooth settings
pair with Bluetooth devices
run at startup
prevent device from sleeping
toggle sync on and off
read sync settings
- Required as basic functionality of AutoCon to enable/disable WiFi, Data and Bluetooth
Root Access (Optional)
Required for app Hibernate feature (like Greenify)
Run at startup
Basic Principle :
It has been observed that the internet connections (WiFi and Data) are one of the primary reasons of battery drain. Also they consume battery when user don't need them. Typically users keep the mobile always connected to internet but majority of users don't require the always-on connection, but its sufficient for them to connect to internet when required.
Its painful for user to turn on the connection when needed and turn it off when done. Here comes AutoCon.
AutoCon will turn off the connections when screen goes off and turn them back on when screen turns on!
Also for countries like India where mobile data plans are still expensive, AutoCon will prevent the exes usages of mobile data by disabling it when its not required.
Main Features :
- Control Data, WiFi and Bluetooth connections
- Turn Off the connections when screen goes off
- Specify the interval after which data/wifi should turned off when screen goes off
- Turn On connections when screen turns on
- Specify the interval after which data/wifi should turned on when screen is unlocked
- Supports configuration of intervals after which connections are to be turned on/off when screen goes on/off
- Periodically activate connections in background (say every 1 hour, configurable) when screen is off so that user will not be totally disconnected
- Disable WiFi when its not connected to any network
- Disable mobile data when WiFi is connected
- Kill battery consuming apps and prevent them from running in background
- Hibernate battery consuming apps and prevent them from running in background (like Greenify, requires root)
- Time Range: Connections will stay off in given time range (say at night 11 pm to 6 am, I don't want AutoCon to enable connections when I unlock the screen)
- When a particular app is running, do not disconnect when screen is off (for example I am speaking on Viber, so I want data to remain connected always even though screen is off)
- Everything is configurable - every interval, every setting.