FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which platform would you most like a see a homebrew Remote Play app on?

Windows

574 Vote(s)
26.91%
Mac

107 Vote(s)
5.02%
Linux

70 Vote(s)
3.28%
Android

1,247 Vote(s)
58.46%
IOS/Apple

106 Vote(s)
4.97%
Windows phone

29 Vote(s)
1.36%

[NEW][ALL][PORT][4.0+] PS4 Remote Play for Android (New Thread)

409 posts
Thanks Meter: 786

By twisted89, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 30th March 2015, 06:02 PM
Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from twisted89: RemotePlayV4.0 - Now supports Firmware 3.5!
This is a Port of the Official PS4 Remote Play App for Android. The mod consists of a single APK file that can be installed on any device that meets the requirements below.

Features:
  • Root Check/APK Signature Check Disabled.
  • Connection Speed Check Removed.
  • Wifi Check Removed.
  • XML/JAR Dependencies Removed.
  • Downgraded Minimum Required SDK to 4.0.
  • Native controller Support for Dualshock and Nvidia Shield - Dualshock Instructions below.
  • Screenshot/recording restriction removed.

Requirements:
Install Instructions:
  1. Download APK.
  2. Copy to device and install or use the adb command "adb install <apk>'' from your PC.
  3. Done!

Dualshock OTG Setup Instructions:
  1. Attach dualshock 4 to device using OTG cable
  2. Ensure you can navigate around device using controller
  3. Launch remoteplay - a dialog should appear asking for USB permission, click OK.
  4. Proceed to start Remote Play, once connected you should be able to control your PS4 using the attached Dualshock 4 controller.

Dualshock Bluetooth Setup Instructions:
  1. Download and Install Sixaxis Controller App
  2. Follow in-app instructions for pairing your controller.
  3. In the sixaxis app preferences ensure 'Enable Gamepad' is checked under 'Gamepad Settings'
  4. Edit mappings in the sixaxis app so that x = A, circle = B, square = X, triangle = Y
  5. Load up remote play app and play!

LTE setup/Error 8801e209
Thanks to @Max4143
  1. Depending on your carrier all you have to do is create another access point name (via connection settings, more networks, mobile networks, then Access point names) with the same exact information
  2. When you get to APN Protocol, input ipv4 instead of ipv6. you should now be able to remote play over data network as well as wifi

Known Issues
  1. Sixaxis doesn't map the action buttons correctly, see bluetooth instructions above to fix this.
  2. PS button and touchpad only working on OTG, Sixaxis doesn't support them.

DOWNLOADS:
Version 4.0
MEGA
RemotePlayPortV4.0.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV4.0.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87

Zippyshare
RemotePlayPortV4.0.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV4.0.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87
Old Versions

Version 3.4
MEGA
RemotePlayPortV3.4.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV3.4.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87

Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV3.4.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV3.4.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87
Version 3.3
MEGA
RemotePlayPortV3.3.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV3.3.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87

Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV3.3.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV3.3.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87
Version 3.2
MEGA
RemotePlayPortV3.2.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV3.2.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87

Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV3.2.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV3.2.apk (Invisible touch buttons) Thank to @Leonidas87

Version 1.3.2
Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV1.3.2.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.3.2.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Dropbox
RemotePlayPortV1.3.2.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.3.2.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Version 1.3.1
Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV1.3.1.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.3.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Dropbox
RemotePlayPortV1.3.1.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.3.1.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Version 1.2
Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV1.2.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.2.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Dropbox
RemotePlayPortV1.2.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.2.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Version 1.1
Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV1.1.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.1.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Dropbox
RemotePlayPortV1.1.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.1.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Version 1.0
Mediafire
RemotePlayPortV1.0.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.0.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Dropbox
RemotePlayPortV1.0.apk
RemotePlayPortITBV1.0.apk (Invisible touch buttons)

Changelog

Added PS4 firmware 3.5 support

Fixed searching for Ps4 over local network and restriction to 360p over internet.

Added ability to screenshot and record remoteplay

Upgraded to support firmware 3.0
added native otg dualshock and bluetooth controls to same package

Fix (dodgy hack) for Passcode input

Fix for buggy triggers in 1.3

Added support for the PS button when using Dualshock 4 Over OTG and native bluetooth.

re-applied minimum SDK mod, should fix parsing error and other installation errors.

Improved controller support

Initial release

Remote Play PC:
Remote Play PC is a homebrew version of remote play that I am developing for other platforms, although it will initially only be available for windows.
The video below shows it in action, for development updates you can follow my Twitter https://twitter.com/Twist3d89.

PayPal:
Donations can be made at my website tmacdev.com or link under my profile.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ALL][PORT][4.0+] PS4 Remote Play for Android, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
twisted89

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.4
Stable Release Date: 2015-10-07

Created 2015-03-30
Last Updated 2016-04-12
Last edited by twisted89; 13th April 2016 at 09:51 PM.
The Following 255 Users Say Thank You to twisted89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift twisted89 Ad-Free

30th March 2015, 06:11 PM
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Outstanding work!
30th March 2015, 06:16 PM
Thanks Meter: 1

More
You are a god! Thanks so much for this, it's working awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to nebiont For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nebiont Ad-Free
30th March 2015, 06:32 PM
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 221

Donate to Me
More
Working great on my rooted Z3 Compact thanks so much!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jerflash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerflash Ad-Free
30th March 2015, 06:40 PM
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sorry for double posting
I figured it would be better to put this on this thread since it is focusing on the 1.0 version:

"Great job with this. I have a non-rooted Note 4 with OTG connection to my DS4 on remote play. The controller works now with this, but my only issue is that the button mapping is all over the place. Using the accessibility options on the ps4 doesnt seem to be changing anything since the buttons are still responding the same way for some reason. Any way around this without root (i want to root but unfortunately verizon thinks otherwise). "
30th March 2015, 06:46 PM
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstgeorge2588

I figured it would be better to put this on this thread since it is focusing on the 1.0 version:

"Great job with this. I have a non-rooted Note 4 with OTG connection to my DS4 on remote play. The controller works now with this, but my only issue is that the button mapping is all over the place. Using the accessibility options on the ps4 doesnt seem to be changing anything since the buttons are still responding the same way for some reason. Any way around this without root (i want to root but unfortunately verizon thinks otherwise). "

This will be due to incorrect key mappings in your android keymap files, I don't believe there is a way to fix that without root when using the controller over OTG, correct mappings can be found here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...ymaps-t2817223

EDIT:

Also worth mentioning that currently the button remapping on the PS4 is only for the controller not remoteplay.
Last edited by twisted89; 30th March 2015 at 06:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to twisted89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift twisted89 Ad-Free
30th March 2015, 06:53 PM
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Great work! One small donation headed your way!

Works great on the shield tablet with controller.
30th March 2015, 06:53 PM
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstgeorge2588

Have you (or anyone) tried just syncing the controller over BT?
30th March 2015, 06:55 PM
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted89

This will be due to incorrect key mappings in your android keymap files, I don't believe there is a way to fix that without root when using the controller over OTG, correct mappings can be found here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...ymaps-t2817223

On fire tv, RemotePlay works beautifully with Sixaxis and I don't have any button configuration issues but I don't seem to have trigger support for L2 and R2. Would this fix that issue? My Fire tv is rooted so the skies the limit : 3

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to stanleyopar2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stanleyopar2000 Ad-Free
30th March 2015, 06:55 PM
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is touchpad supported ?

Thx for the work <3
The Following User Says Thank You to Kekskruemeltorte For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kekskruemeltorte Ad-Free
30th March 2015, 07:00 PM
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyopar2000

On fire tv, RemotePlay works beautifully with Sixaxis and I don't have any button configuration issues but I don't seem to have trigger support for L2 and R2. Would this fix that issue? My Fire tv is rooted so the skies the limit : 3

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

I assume you're connecting over OTG? I don't have a cable to test myself but probably worth a shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to twisted89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift twisted89 Ad-Free

Read More
Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)