Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

[APP][ALPHA][2.3+][FOSS] StorageTrac - Record and plot changes in external storage

OP nma83

28th August 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 89

67 posts
Uses inotify to record any file activity in the external storage. Collects data at regular intervals and plots used storage space over time using a modified version of the GraphView library.

Screenshots
Start screen

Activity plot

Activity details

Features
  • Currently supports reporting on the primary external storage device, called sdcard0 in most cases
  • View plots at day/week/month/year granularity
  • Configurable data collection intervals from daily (battery-friendly) to every 15 minutes (granular)
  • Search storage activity history

Credits
- GraphView for plotting
- App icon adapted from romannurik & findicons

XDA:DevDB Information
StorageTrac, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
nma83

Version Information

Created 2014-08-28
Last Updated 2014-08-31
Last edited by nma83; 29th September 2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: New version
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nma83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

67 posts
Reserved
Changelog (newest first):
20-10-2014, v0.8
  • Option in settings to clean up old data
  • Bug fixes in graphing
    [*} Long running operations threaded
29-9-2014, v0.6
  • Added search function
22-9-2014, v0.5
  • Numerous improvements to UI
  • Updated settings
30-8-2014, v0.3
  • Fixed int overflow issue to support 4GB+ storage sizes
Last edited by nma83; 20th October 2014 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Changelog
25th September 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

41 posts
Unfortunately it looks like TheFoxute has ripped off this app (along with several other open source apps) on Google Play, with zero attribution to original authors (again). This is a well known problem with the Play store, and one reason I don't recommend using it.

So if you're looking to donate to open-source developers, know that in general "buying" from Google Play may not be supporting the developer, and worse yet, could possibly have some unwanted "extras" added by whoever changed the app and added it to Play.
The Following User Says Thank You to programmin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th September 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by programmin

Unfortunately it looks like TheFoxute has ripped off this app (along with several other open source apps) on Google Play, with zero attribution to original authors (again). This is a well known problem with the Play store, and one reason I don't recommend using it.

So if you're looking to donate to open-source developers, know that in general "buying" from Google Play may not be supporting the developer, and worse yet, could possibly have some unwanted "extras" added by whoever changed the app and added it to Play.

Thanks for bringing this to my notice. Did not know of such cheap tricks! I will report the Play store app immediately.
EDIT: I notified both TheFoxute and the Play store support team about the infringement and the app got removed yesterday.
Last edited by nma83; 1st October 2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: update
21st October 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
Donate to Me
More
This badly needs an easier way to access and scroll through the records. It is so hard to tap the dots on the graph. Maybe when the info window comes up add the ability to swipe the very top to go through the records and keep the swipe at the bottom to scroll through created, deleted, changed. Or just add next and previous buttons. Also when I use the delete records from the options it does nothing, all the records are still there, and where does it save the log too also....love the concept, the UI just needs a few more options.
The Following User Says Thank You to shad0vvfax For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

67 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0vvfax

This badly needs an easier way to access and scroll through the records. It is so hard to tap the dots on the graph. Maybe when the info window comes up add the ability to swipe the very top to go through the records and keep the swipe at the bottom to scroll through created, deleted, changed. Or just add next and previous buttons. Also when I use the delete records from the options it does nothing, all the records are still there, and where does it save the log too also....love the concept, the UI just needs a few more options.

Thanks for the feedback!
I will be adding the UI improvements in the next version. The plot needs a refresh after data is deleted, have to fix that too.
Logging is part of the standard logcat, tag is the app package name.
23rd October 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
Donate to Me
More
Awesome, thanks. Keep up the good work.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread