FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Text/SMS app across multiple platforms using your cell phone number

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By thegreataus, Junior Member on 29th October 2016, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there! This is a bit of a poll/question regarding apps for texting. Right now, I currently use Textra (that operates through my Verizon number), but I can only access my messages on my phone. However, I have tablets, laptops, etc, that I would like to be able to 'text' from. I realize that things like Facebook messenger, google hangouts, Telegram, etc, exist and I can use those, but those apps do not look at your current phones text data base, and as far as I know, there is no way to upload a current text file/SMS database from a Titanium Backup file so you can keep a conversation going with those existing telephone numbers.

So...is anyone aware of an app that is/can:

Cross-platform: Windows/Android
Cross-device: phone/laptop/tablet
Uses/can database current text message (SMS) history
Uses/can database current pictures in those messages

I have searched around and tried various apps, but none that I have tried fit the bill. I've searched through various pages, but most only support their own internal messages.

All ideas are welcome! Thanks in advance!

30th October 2016, 05:36 AM |#2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1

More
You can try "my sms". It provides most of the features you are looking for
31st October 2016, 08:45 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshr

Ah, yes, it seems to have most. It is super sluggish in the beginning while it is syncing...is that normal??
1st November 2016, 04:19 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshr

This app is extremely slow....why would my_sms be so slow?? I gave it all night to sync texts....but it still is amazingly slow.
4th November 2016, 02:02 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
I believe "Pulse" can do it, not entirely sure the extent but it is free to use on your phone and there is an option to use it on other devices $10.99 lifetime, but there is a subscription for less and it includes 7 day free trial.... It is from a developer that has done a nice job on his other apps too...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)