Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App][4.0+] Theftie - Find my phone

Tip us?

leducbao
Old
(Last edited by leducbao; 3rd July 2014 at 04:45 PM.) Reason: Theftie 0.92
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1053

DONATE TO ME
Default [App][4.0+] Theftie - Find my phone

Theftie: lock, locate, track, rescue data on your lost phone, stolen phone or misplaced Android, and takes thief's selfie when suspects.

A great feature of Theftie is its ability to send your data to your Google Drive in case you lost your phone.

How it works
► Prevent: detect unauthorized access to phone and immediately lock down the device, capture a theftie and send to your email.
► Catch: get thefties and locate your device in realtime. Make it easy to communicate with the person who holds the device.
► Rescue data: retrieve your texts, photos or documents from the lost device right on your Google Drive.

Download
- Xposed: http://repo.xposed.info/module/net.theftie
- Google Play: Theftie

Support
http://www.theftie.net/support
https://plus.google.com/communities/...20625296651956

Features
☆ Auto-lock when an intruder attempts to enter wrong unlock code
☆ Auto-theftie (capture photo) when an intruder attempts to enter wrong unlock code
☆ Find my phone: easily locate your device on your PC with maps
☆ Lost mode: Lock devices, start tracking locations, capture photo
☆ Rescue data: upload apps/folders to your Google Drive in case you lost your device.
☆ Find phone by making it ring/vibrate
☆ Find phone using GPS location
☆ Remote control via web/SMS command
☆ Passcode protection to prevent unauthorized app changes
☆ Notification of changed SIM card or phone number
☆ No battery drain

Advances
☆ Remotely lock device
☆ Remotely wipe SD card
☆ Remotely wipe phone data
☆ Prevent app from being uninstalled
☆ Hide the app icon

Xposed dedicated features
☆ Grant WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission in order to toggle GPS, disable ADB, Developer mode, Unknown source apps in lost mode

Remote commands:
- Locate
- Send message
- Lock device
- Rescue data
- Dial a number
- Send SMS
- Lock
- Toggle lost mode

Full detail can be found at http://www.theftie.net/manual#sms_commands
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to leducbao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leducbao
Old
(Last edited by leducbao; 2nd July 2014 at 05:24 AM.) Reason: Screenshots
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1053

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to leducbao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

awakener777
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Looks real good! Gonna try it out today when I get a chance.
The Following User Says Thank You to awakener777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jsdecker10
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Haven't gotten a chance to download the Xposed module yet because I'm not near Wi-Fi right now(I'm on a shared data plan thru Verizon.), but as soon as I get home I will try it out!! Nice lookin webpage, btw!
The Following User Says Thank You to jsdecker10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

awakener777
Old
(Last edited by awakener777; 2nd July 2014 at 08:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
So everything worked great until I tested out lost mode from the website. It locked it down, set to aggressive. Seemed good until I tried to unlock with pin and it says my pin is incorrect. So I I hit forget pin and select my email address and I get a message saying "ouff,sorry. We cannot send pin to *****@gmail.com.

Please help.

Edit: it finally sent it to my email address. It sent a pin I definitely didn't choose but it worked. Locking down works pretty well. I'd like to figure out what caused this to happen. All in all seems good. Keep it up!

leducbao
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by awakener777 View Post
So everything worked great until I tested out lost mode from the website. It locked it down, set to aggressive. Seemed good until I tried to unlock with pin and it says my pin is incorrect. So I I hit forget pin and select my email address and I get a message saying "ouff,sorry. We cannot send pin to *****@gmail.com.

Please help.

Edit: it finally sent it to my email address. It sent a pin I definitely didn't choose but it worked. Locking down works pretty well. I'd like to figure out what caused this to happen. All in all seems good. Keep it up!
Hi,

If you lock from web console, it will lock with a random PIN, not your pre-set PIN. The preset PIN mainly uses for SMS Command and lock the app itself.

awakener777
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by leducbao View Post
Hi,

If you lock from web console, it will lock with a random PIN, not your pre-set PIN. The preset PIN mainly uses for SMS Command and lock the app itself.
Oh I see. Wouldn't the use rather have a pin they chose so they can unlock it if they find it? Or an option to change that? Any idea why it took so many attempts to get the pin sent to email? Thanks!

leducbao
Old
(Last edited by leducbao; 3rd July 2014 at 04:23 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by awakener777 View Post
Oh I see. Wouldn't the use rather have a pin they chose so they can unlock it if they find it? Or an option to change that? Any idea why it took so many attempts to get the pin sent to email? Thanks!
I believe it's more secure with a random PIN and regenerate every when you lock. You can obtain new PIN on the web.

In the worse case, you can request an unlock code as screen below

The Following User Says Thank You to leducbao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dreiundachzig
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I am using XPrivacy but allowed everything for this app and deactivated restricting for this app. But after a reboot Theftie locks my phone because of a changed SIM card. I deactived alarm for changed SIM but cannot activate it again because Theftie can't find a SIM card.

I removed my phone from the account, deinstalled Theftie and rebooted my phone.
Installed the app, did not open it, allowed everything in XPrivacy and deactivated restricting, rebooted my phone, checked XPrivacy, opened Theftie, logged in, deactivated SIM alarm, tried to activate it again, did a reboot, activation unsuccessfull.

I don't know if XPrivacy is the problem but Theftie can't find my SIM card. So after every reboot Theftie thinks I am using a false SIM card.

I am using a Xperia Z running AOKP 4.4.3 nightly.

awakener777
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Not sure why but I cannot call my girlfriend. I can call everyone else but no matter what method I use to dial her, it always opens up the theftie app. I had her number as the the reporting number but alas, even removing it the results are the same.

The Following User Says Thank You to awakener777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]