[App][4.0+] Theftie - Find my phone

Search This thread

Ljungan

Aug 13, 2011
Borås
Taking "thefties" doesn't work for me when enabling "lost mode". It just turns up with a gray square on theftie.net.
Unfortunately I can't post a picture of it, because I'm a new user, lol.

Anyone experience the same?

I'm on a Xperia Z2.

supersincero

May 1, 2012
PoA
toggle GPs

Grant WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission in order to toggle GPS, disable ADB, Developer mode, Unknown source apps in lost mode

I have the Xpose version installed on I9300 S3 with Resurrection Remix rom.

I can't find a way to toggle GPS and disable ADB.

How I do this?

Sorry my bad english.

sahansira

Jul 25, 2014
please fix this. I need the app working badly

Great idea, to use xposed framework for an anti-theft app. Only one problem. When I set a master pin, the next time I open the app it asks for that pin. The app goes while after I type it. Than it proms me again to enter my pin. It keeps asking for it, again and again. I can still close it , but I can't access the interface. It is not the wrong pin, because when I type it incorrectly it says it is the wrong pin. Hope someone has a solution or workaround. Thanks in advance

I have the same problem.it keeps showing me the pin enter screen just after adding the master pin and
Continues whenever I try to open the app.i can't get in to app interface, it just repeating to enter the pin.but when I enter a wrong pin several times, it locks the phone and activates stolen mode.but after unlocking again with the correct pin, problem repeates again.i uninstalled and reinstalled with reboot, no luck.even installed earlier version,It didn't help either.
It's just keep repeating 'enter pin' screen.please help.
I'm using galaxy s duos 2 (GT-S7582) with custom rom.rooted.

Last edited:

billybag

May 18, 2010
i seem to be having trouble with the trusted wifi feature. i just cannot get it to work. is anyone else having problems?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Omega Rom (KitKat)

justanicename

Feb 17, 2014
BEST BEST BEST !!!

Awesome app mate. So fast execution of commands. Just loved it. Thanks a lot.

I want to know whether this app survives factory reset? I saw one guy commented in google play that it survives. So just wanna know :)

I have some small suggestion.::
1. add SMS command to toggle Mobile data internet
2. Toggle GPS on/off via SMS

waiting for your reply mate:)

Another vote for both suggestion.

Last edited:

Mike_jnz

Feb 26, 2013
Edit: disregard this, i found a similar app i like better, works great. Hope this works out, maybe I'll try again in the future.
------------------------

Good start, like the features and overall design but having a few issues.

1) the web UI needs improvement. When selecting a menu option, the menu comes up too large to fit the screen. Some popups have scroll but "Tools" does not, it cuts off the bottom. The font size could be much smaller, and easier to read also. Bigger isn't always better, at least that is what I tell my wife ;)

2) when using SMS commands the text shows up in "Chomp SMS" as a pop up. Shouldn't texts be silent?

3) When using web commands, everything I tried works except taking a Theftie. Also does not work from Unlock screen. I dont know if it's not taking or not sending or both.

Moto X 4.4.3
Dev edition
rooted
xposed
(disregard earlier email if you answer here)

Last edited:

chopper12320

Jul 5, 2014
This has a small bug.

Not sure if this would be normal on an unlocked phone but... I rebooted and my lock was set to aggresive and it said illegal sim put in. I didnt even have the sim thing enabled. I would like more security to it but other than that its great. just, the beeping is annoying. I think the vibrating should be removed as a whole:rolleyes: This app wastes no ram or battery and the location feature is in beta i guess? great app tho. thanks devs

n80k

Nov 3, 2010
Chesapeake, VA
Bug with front camera

This is such a great app. I've never donated to a developer before but if you can look into the bug I discovered that will definitely change. I have a Verizon gs3 with cm11 m9 installed and as soon as I trigger an alert my phone goes blank and then restarts ONLY when I have chosen to have the front camera take the theftie picture. The rear camera works fine for theftie alerts. Please fix! Thanks :D

EDIT: I attached my logcat. I began the logcat before successfully triggering a theftie with a rear camera. Then I changed to the front camera and triggered the crash with the unsuccessful front camera theftie.

Attachments

• theftie_front_camera_fail.txt.zip
    108.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Giowi

Jul 27, 2014
Hi,great apk but If I switch from flight mode to normal mode and viceversa the alarm turn on and then there is the peoblem with battery drain even if i block the alarm.could you help me.I have the latest update and i have Samsung s3 rooted.thanks
That's my logcat:

Attachments

• theftie.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Wh1t3Rose

Do you guys really think that you are gonna get these isolated issues resolved without a logcat or providing info about your device and setup. A Dev can't do anything without a log since its not a widespread issue.
This is such a great app. I've never donated to a developer before but if you can look into the bug I discovered that will definitely change. I have a Verizon gs3 with cm11 m9 installed and as soon as I trigger an alert my phone goes blank and then restarts ONLY when I have chosen to have the front camera take the theftie picture. The rear camera works fine for theftie alerts. Please fix! Thanks :D

Hi,great apk but If I switch from flight mode to normal mode and viceversa the alarm turn on and then there is the peoblem with battery drain even if i block the alarm.could you help me.I have the latest update and i have Samsung s3 rooted.thanks

jakethekid

Jul 5, 2014
theftie problem

Evrytime i open it it asks for the password and i enter it and then it asks for it again?

n80k

Nov 3, 2010
Chesapeake, VA
Do you guys really think that you are gonna get these isolated issues resolved without a logcat or providing info about your device and setup. A Dev can't do anything without a log since its not a widespread issue.

I already provided info on my device and setup (Verizon GS3 with CM11 M9). I am not seeing a place where I have access to a log. Would you mind telling me how to provide a logcat?

svenerator

Jul 23, 2011
Amsterdam
Amazing app, just curious though. How does the factory-reset proof feature work? When user data gets wiped I understand the app would still be there because it is part of the system apps now, but after a wipe is the app still configured and saved with security?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    10494848_620760801364849_5686268489473241473_n.png

Theftie: lock, locate, track, rescue data on your lost phone, stolen phone or misplaced Android, and takes thief's selfie when suspects.

A great feature of Theftie is its ability to send your data to your Google Drive in case you lost your phone.

How it works
    ► Prevent: detect unauthorized access to phone and immediately lock down the device, capture a theftie and send to your email.
    ► Catch: get thefties and locate your device in realtime. Make it easy to communicate with the person who holds the device.
    ► Rescue data: retrieve your texts, photos or documents from the lost device right on your Google Drive.

Download
    - Xposed: http://repo.xposed.info/module/net.theftie
    - Google Play: Theftie

Support
    http://www.theftie.net/support
    https://plus.google.com/communities/109540620625296651956

Features
    ☆ Auto-lock when an intruder attempts to enter wrong unlock code
    ☆ Auto-theftie (capture photo) when an intruder attempts to enter wrong unlock code
    ☆ Find my phone: easily locate your device on your PC with maps
    ☆ Lost mode: Lock devices, start tracking locations, capture photo
    ☆ Rescue data: upload apps/folders to your Google Drive in case you lost your device.
    ☆ Find phone by making it ring/vibrate
    ☆ Find phone using GPS location
    ☆ Remote control via web/SMS command
    ☆ Passcode protection to prevent unauthorized app changes
    ☆ Notification of changed SIM card or phone number
    ☆ No battery drain

Advances
    ☆ Remotely lock device
    ☆ Remotely wipe SD card
    ☆ Remotely wipe phone data
    ☆ Prevent app from being uninstalled
    ☆ Hide the app icon

Xposed dedicated features
    ☆ Grant WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission in order to toggle GPS, disable ADB, Developer mode, Unknown source apps in lost mode

Remote commands:
    - Locate
    - Send message
    - Lock device
    - Rescue data
    - Dial a number
    - Send SMS
    - Lock
    - Toggle lost mode

Full detail can be found at http://www.theftie.net/manual#sms_commands
    Am I the only one thinking this entire service is really sketchy? How are you able to provide this service for free? How are you making any money? There are no ads and no premium addons. Probably collecting personal data without user consent and selling it out to companies. I'd beware of this app and if you have it already make sure to lock it down with XPrivacy or just get rid of it entirely.

Hi davelee1054,

We are a small team building Android apps. We're working hard to build apps. Please check my profile on XDA forum. Check out term of service/privacy policy. We don't collect personal information for money. We don't force you to login to use it. Several features of the app is still working without login with you Google+.

This app is still in early stage and has bugs. It's free for now, just like many other services do during the early state (Dropbox, Feedly, Google products, etc,...). We don't promise this is 100% free of charge in the future since we should paid for cloud and coffee for my team.

Cheer,
    Hi. I would have a suggestion. How about Pushbullet support?
    That way you could enter the command that you would send over SMS like for example "*Theftie*<PIN>*command*parameters*" in you browser and send it using Pushbullet to you phone! :)

Thanks!

Great suggestion. A Chrome extension may be good
    Am I the only one thinking this entire service is really sketchy? How are you able to provide this service for free? How are you making any money? There are no ads and no premium addons. Probably collecting personal data without user consent and selling it out to companies. I'd beware of this app and if you have it already make sure to lock it down with XPrivacy or just get rid of it entirely.