Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 22,372

11,252 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusade

Yea I'm on xposed but it was since A long time.. I could change theme before as well, I hasn't in quite some time so when I tried to, I notice the crash..

My suggestion is to backup...remove xposed.... Try both stock and themed Swiftkey. Even though xposed doesn't look like the issue.... It's gotta be eliminated before troubleshooting. It's like having a different resource system and apps use framework resources to function correctly.

Xposed mods replace those resources incorrectly unless they update their mod.

So even though it looks like it's working fine you might get a Swiftkey update with new resources that xposed might not have updates to fix it. I had to research this to fix an issue I didn't cause to prove it wasn't me. So yes I HATE XPOSED with a passion! I understand it makes like easier for some... I use bluestacks with xposed and it always crashing apps. So I rarely use it. Not something I would trust either.. In not saying all mods are BAD but if you can avoid a lot of mods then do so.

DJ's $.02 and experience with Xposed.

Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2015, 12:09 AM   |  #782  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Donate to Me
More
Newer version Plz
17th January 2015, 05:25 AM   |  #783  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

11,252 posts
Donate to Me
More
No Beta's get love... Only official. Not wanting their bugs, we'd get their reports of their bugs. Official updates less.... Yatta yatta.... Just no real need to use time on beta builds. Sowwy
The Following User Says Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2015, 09:10 PM   |  #784  
Flag Englewood, FL
Thanks Meter: 585

977 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

My suggestion is to backup...remove xposed.... Try both stock and themed Swiftkey. Even though xposed doesn't look like the issue.... It's gotta be eliminated before troubleshooting. It's like having a different resource system and apps use framework resources to function correctly.

Xposed mods replace those resources incorrectly unless they update their mod.

So even though it looks like it's working fine you might get a Swiftkey update with new resources that xposed might not have updates to fix it. I had to research this to fix an issue I didn't cause to prove it wasn't me. So yes I HATE XPOSED with a passion! I understand it makes like easier for some... I use bluestacks with xposed and it always crashing apps. So I rarely use it. Not something I would trust either.. In not saying all mods are BAD but if you can avoid a lot of mods then do so.

DJ's $.02 and experience with Xposed.

Lol

Well said I came to this conclusion also. Since I've boycotted xposed I've basically had no issues on any ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GavinMazey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2015, 10:30 PM   |  #785  
Thanks Meter: 93

285 posts
Thanks for this mod mate!
Beautiful!!
21st January 2015, 03:07 PM   |  #786  
Flag Irmo, SC

745 posts
More
Love this keyboard. Thanks for the dedicated number row.

On the Google keyboard, long pressing the "." brings up other punctuation options such as ", /, # etc. Any chance you could have those frequently used punctuation options in that?
22nd January 2015, 02:29 PM   |  #787  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1,994

4,124 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab1972

Love this keyboard. Thanks for the dedicated number row.

On the Google keyboard, long pressing the "." brings up other punctuation options such as ", /, # etc. Any chance you could have those frequently used punctuation options in that?

The dedicated number row is a default SwiftKey option. You just have to enable it in settings. You should thank for this to the SwiftKey dev team not here.

Guys this is not a modded SwiftKey. It's just having new themes in it. Stop asking for new functionality. And what you want is already in. You can longpress the period to have several alternative punctuation symbols.If you would like to have ALL symbols there then hell NO, I hope they'll never add this. This is EXACTLY one of the reasons for which I like swiftkey...cause it is not similar with the default keyboard. You have all the frequently used symbols as long press on other keys, no need to have a dozen of symbols popping up when longpress on ".", this will just make typing slower

Sent from nowhere over the air...
Last edited by Rapier; 22nd January 2015 at 02:32 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rapier For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2015, 03:32 AM   |  #788  
Flag Irmo, SC

745 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier

The dedicated number row is a default SwiftKey option. You just have to enable it in settings. You should thank for this to the SwiftKey dev team not here.

Guys this is not a modded SwiftKey. It's just having new themes in it. Stop asking for new functionality. And what you want is already in. You can longpress the period to have several alternative punctuation symbols.If you would like to have ALL symbols there then hell NO, I hope they'll never add this. This is EXACTLY one of the reasons for which I like swiftkey...cause it is not similar with the default keyboard. You have all the frequently used symbols as long press on other keys, no need to have a dozen of symbols popping up when longpress on ".", this will just make typing slower

Seriously?

A simple, "sorry, that's not available" would have sufficed. God complex much?

And maybe you don't use your keyboard as much, but people who use Twitter use hash tags and the @ symbol quite a bit. Or perhaps worrying emails where you may need a & sign or quotations. So having those easily accessible in that menu IS helpful.

So, try and be a little nicer maybe?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1422066691823.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	3130565  
24th January 2015, 03:45 AM   |  #789  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

11,252 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Seriously?

And maybe you don't use your keyboard as much, but people who use Twitter use hash tags and the @ symbol quite a bit. Or perhaps worrying emails where you may need a & sign or quotations. So having those easily accessible in that menu IS helpful.

Let's keep things cool Ok?

This isn't a mod my Swiftkey thread, it's a theme thread. Asking is cool but let's stay on topic. There's nothing in the OP that suggests we have modded it so he's got a point.

Ask where it's gonna be helpful. Q&A section of XDA or find a modded thread....
Which isn't easy since compiling Swiftkey is difficult.

FYI
24th January 2015, 09:13 AM   |  #790  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1,994

4,124 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Seriously?

As I said, those symbols are available as long press on other keys and it's easier like that than long-pressing "." and select from a long list of symbols. At least for those using this keyboard for long (I use it for 4 years by now). You're not used with it because you might have been using the Google or standard keyboard but that's a different story. And I do text alot: skype, whatsapp, xda, viber and it has been way easier doing that with current layout than with the standard keyboard.
In the end it's only a matter of preference but swiftkey was designed with speeding typing in mind. My point was that this was not the proper place to ask it and second, that this layout is used for several years by many people that appreciate it more than standard keyboard layout.

I'll stop my off-topic here, I dont want to go in a pro/cons discussion over swiftkey's layout

Last edited by Rapier; 24th January 2015 at 02:31 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rapier For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
swiftkey, theme, themes
Previous Thread Next Thread