[EOL][RECOVERY]CarlivTouchRecovery v2.7(4.2.2) for port to MTK phones[EOL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5186178

Brother I myself wrote it and it has correct format as you said.. it unmounts all the mounted partitions and also cleans up the temp files.. when I tried to flash the same recovery again the process went good.. ssometimes it stuck in the flashing screen and never returns.. it occured twice of my 13 tries..:D..

Sent from my Celkon A97i

Then I can't help you. I never experienced that in my phone. Let me take a look on that updater-script.

S

SuperDroid-BOND

Master @carliv.
Your new update is ported again. It's again working fantastic. No overlapping now. Everything is fine. I just added my name as well. I hope you won't mind this master.
Thanks a ton for your awesome works master.

AndroTech

Sep 30, 2007
Hi carliv I am using this recovery ported for MMX A110 by BOND1987 but I am facing a small issue. When using the Key Test option creates some issue. The on screen touch buttons are gone and the "Home", "Menu", "Back" "Vol" & "Power" button doesn't work. I had to remove the battery to fix this. See if anything can be done for this. Otherwise awesome recovery. I like it.

D

Deleted member 5186178

Hi carliv I am using this recovery ported for MMX A110 by BOND1987 but I am facing a small issue. When using the Key Test option creates some issue. The on screen touch buttons are gone and the "Home", "Menu", "Back" "Vol" & "Power" button doesn't work. I had to remove the battery to fix this. See if anything can be done for this. Otherwise awesome recovery. I like it.
Why would you use that I don't know?! Power button doesn't work? Volume buttons don't work? Touch menu don't work? If all do, why do you want to mess things up? I will remove that entry in next release, to avoid these things. That don't help you in any way. It don't work because I changed keymapping to work with touch menu.

S

SuperDroid-BOND

Brother that function is for testing the keys only. No other purpose. But in our recovery is already working great. No need for it actually.

Master @carliv
Master how to reduce the font size with 2 points. Please users need it.
Please help me in this master.

Javajohn

Jun 14, 2006
Surat
Why would you use that I don't know?! Power button doesn't work? Volume buttons don't work? Touch menu don't work? If all do, why do you want to mess things up? I will remove that entry in next release, to avoid these things. That don't help you in any way. It don't work because I changed keymapping to work with touch menu.

master i cant able to boot ur recovery in gionee e6 : MTK 6589T ... i can boot CWM but with ur recovery only bootloop : device scree is 1920x1080

D

Deleted member 5186178

Brother that function is for testing the keys only. No other purpose. But in our recovery is already working great. No need for it actually.

Master @carliv
Master how to reduce the font size with 2 points. Please users need it.
Please help me in this master.
That can be done only in source code before compiling. There are only three fonts in CWM recovery: 10x18, 15x24 and 23x41. There isn't like in a text processor with dropdown selectable menu. Every font is coded in hex and saved as a separate file. And are more people who requested a bigger font than those requested smaller. I can't compile a recovery for every resolution and every font. They have to accept this one or to compile from source as they want. My source is public on github.

Javajohn

Jun 14, 2006
Surat
Did you port it to your device, with your kernel and those other files?
There is a working port for a device with that res, and is working fine (FAEA).

yes master i have done with yuweng tool also and did maually edite also but not working ...

if u want can i give u my cwm recover and orgnal boot.ing ?

AndroTech

Sep 30, 2007

Thanks for the response @carliv. I don't need that feature but was just checking and got stuck. So was thinking if that can be removed to avoid any confusion. Anyway you had mentioned you will remove that in next release. :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5186178

mt6572, mt6575, mt6577, mt6589, mt6582, mt6592 and all the other variants up to mt6592, except AndroidOne project.

The version 2.7 is the final version for Jellybean kernels (or older). This is the end of the road for it. Won't be more updates. Instead for newer kernels (kitkat, maybe lollipop) you should check my new version.
    DISCLAIMER:
    Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROMS have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
    Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledges about phones and phones utilities too.
    Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

It is a CWM based recovery and is compatible with it. In this version I used Napstar-xda's full touch module as base. The navigation it is posible by touching the menu item. In long display menu (as choose zip from sdcard) for scroll page down Swipe Right and for scroll page up Swipe Left. For Go Back also Swipe Left.
    If the Swipe doesn't work (usually if your phone is multitouch but has only 2 points of touch), use bottom virtual navigation keys or volume buttons Down for Scroll down, Up for Scroll up, and the back button for Go Back.

Version 2.7 update (11-dec-2014):

- rebuilt from base (cwm 6.0.3.7) and add improvements on top.
    - reintegrated bottom virtual navigation keys, to compensate the non-function of swipe in some phones
    - better compressed backups integration - pigz support from cm-11
    - new "nvram backup/restore" menu functionality: the nvram partition will be backed up in clockworkmod/backup/.nvram/nvram-xxxxx folder as nvram.img. This will help if you lose IMEI and other communication features. It will work only if you have the nvram partition defined in recovery.fstab. If the nvram partition is damaged (as in flashing an oversized recovery) this will not help you, and you need SPFlashTools to reflash with format your phone official firmware, and after that flash this recovery, boot in recovery and restore nvram.
    - the recovery has now an increased stability, many issues are solved
    - the content of the backup folder will contain only what an usual clockworkmod backup contain, and that will make it easy to restore backups made with older versions.
    - new GUI images, very light (the difference between non-touch modded cwm and this one is only 14 Kb, for 720x1280 resolution)
    - some other changes.

You can flash in recovery the attached AromaFM_installer.zip, and the aromafm.zip will be placed at its place, so you can use aroma fm menu.

For port follow my new guide from here. If you want to use the automated method, that works only for older versions at my friend yuweng's thread.

Currently there are two lunfile paths in the world of mtk devices. This will make your USB Mass storage to work in recovery or not. Search that path in your device to see what you have.
    • Lunfile path 1 (old): "/sys/devices/platform/mt_usb/gadget/lun%d/file" - this can be found in many devices mt6572, mt6589, mt6589T, and other old ones.
    • Lunfile path 2 (new): "/sys/devices/platform/mt_usb/musb-hdrc.0/gadget/lun%d/file" - this is related to new devices mt6582, mt6592...
    Find where is your path and download the image to port from correct section.
    There are two sections, corresponding to those two lunfile paths, with 15 images each. These 15 images are corresponding to different resolutions. Choose the one that match exactly your phone resolution. If your phone has the resolution 720x1280, then take an image with "720x1280" in name. There are few landscape versions for tablets with landscape format, so don't confuse "720x1280" with "1280x720".

IMPORTANT:[/B]
    These are compiled recoveries for porting purposes only. DON'T take any of them and flash it in your phone as it is. It won't work, they include a dummy kernel. You need to port it to your device as I show in my guide, to make it work.[/COLOR]
    CREDITS:
    - Napstar-xda - for touch module;
    - Philz-cwm6 - for get partition size method;
    - xiaolu - for the new fonts;
    - C3C0 - for initial mtk tweack hint - Unused now;
    - Koush and all CWM team for the recovery;
    - bgcngm for unpack/repack utils;
    - sk8erwitskil for aromafm menu

RULES for posting your ports!
    If you manage to port this to your device, add proper credits in your thread, post or article.
    If you want that to be posted in a list with working devices, then post here a link to the thread or the post on xda (only on xda). Why not a free hosting link, like google drive, dev-host, mega-coz or other? Because if in the future you will port a new version, you have to replace it in that thread or post and the link from list remain the same.

ATTENTION:
    There is a possibility that the touch feature to not work in all phones. It was tested in many phones, and in some of them it doesn't work. There isn't a switch, a toggle or other method to make it to work, it depends on your phone touchscreen capability from recovery. If this doesn't work in your phone, I'm sorry, it happens, and my advice is to try something else.

Few clarifications:
    • I provided all necessary infos to help you to port it to your devices.
    • It is ment to be ported to all MTK devices, but this doesn't mean it will work in all.
    • In some devices with a cheap screen display (usually those with anly one or two points of touch) there is a big chance to not work, or to work only partial.
    • If the recovery has the screen flipped, you need to use the non-touch version, and to compile it by yourself from source, or to ask a developer from your device to do it, with BOARD_HAS_FLIPPED_SCREEN true flag in device BoardConfig.
    • This recovery is compiled in CM-10.1 environment (android 4.2.2) and is proved to be working in devices with kernels up to Android 4.3. For kitkat use my new version.
    • The main purpose for this recovery was to keep it under 6Mb, to fit in that small recovery partition that was used in these MTK phones.
    • If your phone's kernel is bigger than 4.3Mb and the recovery size is 6Mb, don't botter to try it. It won't work, because it will exceede those 6Mb.
    D
    Deleted member 5186178
    Carliv Touch Recovery, version 2.7, for phones with custpack partition

This is for phones with an extra custpack partition (Alcatel or TCL).
    D
    Deleted member 5186178
    Carliv Touch Recovery, version 2.7, for phones with "ubifs" file system

This is for phones with "ubifs" file system.

CREDITS:
    - Christian Troy - for ubifs initial code;
    D
    Deleted member 5186178
    All done. All updated to version 2.2. All recoveries compiled again with new version.

In attachment are ported recoveries for Canvas4 A210, Cubot A890, Star B6000, Star S9500, Star N9500, Zopo ZP820, UMI X2, Blackview JK809, Alcatel One Touch X'Pop 5035D (with custpack).

If you share one of these recoveries on your site, or other sites and forums, please use the name I gave it Carliv Touch Recovery, not Recovery Touch or CWM Touch (which is Koush's touch recovery name) or anything else. After six months of hard work I deserve that, and wasn't an easy job. Thanks!