Alcatel One Touch Idol 2 S (OT-6050Y) Owners

OP pckoloji

25th September 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag warsaw
Thanks Meter: 21

147 posts
More
Sorry to hear Root Towel does not work. It means if there will be an official update it might refuse to install or even if installs then no more root solution.

Rooting helped me to install Titanium, Xposed Installer (Gravitybox) and Viper4droid FX. Last one improves the sound output clearly. But yes ext. speakers are loud but Mono.

I use Nova Launcher, too.

Don't forget to try Qualcomm's BatteryGuru app for Snapdragon SoC.
The Following User Says Thank You to pckoloji For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #12  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 13

74 posts
More
Sign It's good to know I'm not the only one with this phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pckoloji

Sorry to hear Root Towel does not work. It means if there will be an official update it might refuse to install or even if installs then no more root solution.

Rooting helped me to install Titanium, Xposed Installer (Gravitybox) and Viper4droid FX. Last one improves the sound output clearly. But yes ext. speakers are loud but Mono.

I use Nova Launcher, too.

Don't forget to try Qualcomm's BatteryGuru app for Snapdragon SoC.

Thanks for the answer. It's about time to have to get the root, so I must just wait a couple of months and Vroot friends or Towelroot they will succeed.

As data, yesterday I installed it on my computer the "Mobile Upgrade Q" software, version 4.6.5 from Alcatel page and it detected my phone without problems. After 2 and a half hours to get the "upgrade" from their servers (from China I guess), my phone was formatted and received exactly the same version as before: Android 4.3, Build JLS36C. I must admit that I breathed after that, and I could have left with a piece of brick. Relief.

It's good to know I'm not the only one with this phone. I will light a candle for the Root out soon. A hug and thanks again.
15th October 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Red face
Hi everyone,

Please note an update is available from the phone (in France) (I have not tested with the PC software) but this is not an update to kitkat (4.3 still). She made me lose root and I can not put it back with towelroot. I have not seen any big changes, only a few details. I advise you not to do it ... unless you want to help me find a solution to reset the root!
So it is impossible to put the cpu setting with ... autonomy is not as good.
The Following User Says Thank You to ouigo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,020

4,926 posts
Donate to Me
More
Notice: Improvements to 10 Post Rule
A New Q & A thread has been created in the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Sub-Forum, for This Topic.
New Discussion and Q & A Tabs have also been created, located just under threads Title when viewing in a Browser.
Posts from members with less than 10 posts will automatically be posted in the new Q & A thread.
Please check it out, and see if you can help out someone with a question about this Topic.
For more about this new feature see: Improvements to 10 Post Rule
25th October 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #15  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 13

74 posts
More
Welcome to the club!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouigo

Hi everyone,

Please note an update is available from the phone (in France) (I have not tested with the PC software) but this is not an update to kitkat (4.3 still). She made me lose root and I can not put it back with towelroot. I have not seen any big changes, only a few details. I advise you not to do it ... unless you want to help me find a solution to reset the root!
So it is impossible to put the cpu setting with ... autonomy is not as good.

Vroot and Towelroot only works with the previous kernel version to 3 June. In my case, my phone already came with the updated kernel, so now you're like me, stuck for a while.

Having root again is only a matter of time so we just have to wait.

According to GSMArena, this phone will receive Kitkat, so hopefully our Chinese friends TCL (Alcatel) do not forget this model and check out the new version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alcatel, idol 2 s, one touch, root, simlock
Previous Thread Next Thread