FORUMS

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Alcatel One Touch Idol 2 S (OT-6050Y) Owners

9th April 2015, 04:25 PM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Flag warsaw
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMind007

I will be buying Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5) but my concern is it has no Updates & ROMs on XDA
i dont want to buy now regret later because of buggy software

Yes, very sad. I owned first time and won't buy any Alcatel again. No updates. Basically they mean buy our new mobile for newer Android.

10th April 2015, 08:26 AM |#42  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 12

More
this is my main concern, should i or not buy any Alcatel phone? because they never update the software and hardly any ROM is available for it.
though they have uploaded all mobiles system images in site here http://sourceforge.net/projects/alca...?source=navbar , but issue is i haven't seen a single custom or Stock based ROM anywhere on whole internet. Also no XDA Alcatel dedicated threads/forums or mobile pages on xda-developers site.
21st April 2015, 03:03 PM |#43  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Sign End of story for me: SONY
The camera lens has dust, which means that the inner seals are not good and should have come naturally by the hole of handset. I took it for service and they changed it with a new one.

As I got bored of waiting an update to Kitkat, I sold it and now I have a Sony Xperia, which received Kiktat the end of last year and this month receive Lolipop. It also influenced the radio is not stereo and did not have NFC.

End of story for me, I learned that if you're buying a Chinese phone, has to be something like a Xiaomi, Meizu, Huawei and Oppo, in that order, obtaining price, quality and secured updates.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alcatel, idol 2 s, one touch, root, simlock
Previous Thread Next Thread