FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

Alcatel One Touch Idol 2 S (OT-6050Y) Owners

Thanks Meter: 21

By pckoloji, Senior Member on 4th September 2014, 07:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd May 2015, 07:31 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thank you a lot. Works well, very good grip network. I have only one problem, access to security settings make the application crash parameters.
But nothing serious. Can you tell me if it's the same with you?

22nd May 2015, 07:44 PM |#52  
OP Senior Member
Flag warsaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouigo

Thank you a lot. Works well, very good grip network. I have only one problem, access to security settings make the application crash parameters.
But nothing serious. Can you tell me if it's the same with you?

Unfortunately

Settings > Security
Lock settings > Screen lock
Wireless > VPN settings

all make FC. Something is wrong related to security. I read permissions should be changed to 644 for /vendor/firmware but not helped.

Can you use 4G?
22nd May 2015, 08:28 PM |#53  
Flag Yekaterinburg
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pckoloji

Tested, working! Android 4.4.2 now. Only supported languages English and French. Based on Canada ROM.

But don't forget to Backup your current ROM with using TWRP menu. After backup, it is a good idea to wipe data partition because restoring new ROM will not delete data and your apps will remain which might cause problems with KitKat.

After that, I needed to change the name of given "53deb6fa" folder. This TWRP backup/restore folder should have a unique name which will be visible when you will finish your own backup.

Please paste the Android 4.4.2 ROM backup contents to your new folder. Otherwise TWRP restore will not detect and use it!

Thanks.

For those who TWRP sees no backup, do any backup and you will have a new a backup, copy to a backup firmware and recovery.
Thanks to all.
23rd May 2015, 01:38 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pckoloji

Unfortunately

Settings > Security
Lock settings > Screen lock
Wireless > VPN settings

all make FC. Something is wrong related to security. I read permissions should be changed to 644 for /vendor/firmware but not helped.

Can you use 4G?

I found a way to change all the same security settings (I needed to activate unknown sources) I will put a small tutorial here if anyone is interested. This is inconvenient but in general we do not often change. Otherwise this version works better than Android 4.3.

Concerning 4g yes it works very well. Even better than before. I was wondering if all frequencies were present as the Canadian version of Idol 2s does not use the same frequencies. I have not yet found a way to check.
The Following User Says Thank You to ouigo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2015, 01:48 PM |#55  
OP Senior Member
Flag warsaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouigo

I found a way to change all the same security settings (I needed to activate unknown sources) I will put a small tutorial here if anyone is interested. This is inconvenient but in general we do not often change. Otherwise this version works better than Android 4.3.

Concerning 4g yes it works very well. Even better than before. I was wondering if all frequencies were present as the Canadian version of Idol 2s does not use the same frequencies. I have not yet found a way to check.

Yes, please because I liked Android 4.4.2 but returned to 4.3 after this Security setting issue.
25th May 2015, 12:21 AM |#56  
Flag Yekaterinburg

More
Official Update 4.4.2 Canada
All Hello again, due to the fact that the backup rolled forward to the 4.3 runs not all perfect, we publish all the action that needs to be done, that would change the ID of your phone with 6050Y 6050A on the Canadian version.
ATTENTION !!! All those who decide to do 1. Make a backup BOOT sector. 2. When working with the instructions there is a line above the Y6050, in my screenshot IJ indicated it does not change it, it for each unique. And yet how to make a file "p3.img" copy it as an additional backup.
1. The mobile should be is not locked!
2. Root on the device
3. PC or Laptop
Instructions.
1. To install the terminal
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roidterm&hl=ru
2. Instal hex editor
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ba.tools&hl=ru
3. Run a terminal and write without the quotes
Code:
su
and press enter (the resolution must come from the Root SuperSu for entitlement)
4. After this, as we have done in our place of "$" icon to be "#"
5. Writing in the terminal
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/sdcard/p3.img
6. It should leave a message view screenshot1.jpg
7. Now open the HEX Redactor and look on the card file "p3.img" it would without the quotes.
8. Now look for the line that has the information of the
Code:
ULY6050Y-2CBGRU7
look for clarity screen, I selected an orange2.jpg
9. We need to change a line in the IJY6050Y-2DB6CA7
10. Each character must be changed individually and so begin.
11. Where in the screenshot 59 changes to 41 should get on the line Y6050A-2
12. From the following input line 44 42 36 43 41
13. The result should look like this: see. Screenshot.3.jpg
14. Save the resulting RESULT.
15. Open the terminal and write
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/p3.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3
after writing the code press enter
16. The terminal should display the following. cm. screenshot4.jpg
17 Done! Now connect your phone to select the Mobile Upgrade Q 6050http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/ru/do...-6-5-setup.rar
18. Update, download and install the Jew and rejoice 4.4.2 from official sources.
Thank you for giving instructions GR4YN & me helpok
P.S. Sorry for my English, I skipped classes in school.
Last edited by stalin2000zipok; 25th May 2015 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Image edit
25th May 2015, 12:31 AM |#57  
Flag Yekaterinburg

More
Root+SuperSU android 4.3 & 4.4.2
Setup custom recovery through instruction this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=44
file download from this report http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=49
Attached Files
File Type: zip BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.83 MB, 6 views)
Last edited by stalin2000zipok; 25th May 2015 at 12:35 AM.
Yesterday, 05:22 AM |#58  
Flag Yekaterinburg

More
Thumbs up Security work!
Faced with such a problem that does not go to the settings in security. It happens that it downloads from the forum, instead of wasting money. But because of an error in the settings you can not install applications from other sources. But this problem can be solved. Es Download the guide, go to settings, flipping naholim application settings, apps and already there, put a checkmark to remove / install applications. I tried to download the camera fv-5 pro, and so properly set. Installed, it works.)
Today, 11:36 AM |#59  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
im upgrade 6050y with mobile upgrade q, but on 97% upgrade stucks. I disconnect phone half hour later and.... phone its bricked! Mobile upgrade q say: 'read terminal information failed. Please check the phone status. Computer onle see 'alcatel hs-usb qdloader 9008' and i cant do anything. Please help!
Last edited by konrado332211; Today at 01:06 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alcatel, idol 2 s, one touch, root, simlock
Previous Thread Next Thread