[ROOT][CWM] Huawei Ascend Y201 Pro U8666
This is just a copy of the guide on myhuawei.net.
I did this because I had some trouble finding the guide since I always look for stuff like this here on XDA.
I also decided to do this because the guide was not in English and the translations by google were not so good.
Huawei Ascend Y201 Pro U8666
I am not responsible for any damage you may do to your phone by following this guide.
Root + CWM Recovery
The files you will need, download them
and extract them to a folder on your desktop:
(PS: Links removed, check post attachments)
- Now, get your phone and go to Settings > Developer Tools. Make sure USB debugging is enabled.
- Also disable Fastboot in Settings.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB and let it install the drivers. Make sure they are installed correctly. Do not select "Turn on USB storage" on your phone.
Root + Unlock Bootloader:
1. Go to the folder on your desktop where you extracted the files.
2. Right click on unlockbootloader.exe and select 'Run as administrator'.
3. Click "ROOT Your Phone", the program will work and then close on it's own.
4. In your phone, go to the apps drawer and there should be a new app called Superuser.
5. Now go to your PC, open the same program, but this time click "Unlock BOOTLOADER".
6. Let it finish, the program will close on it's own, and then power off your phone.
7. Unplug the phone from the PC and we are done.
You have now successfully rooted and unlocked the bootloader of your device!
Installing CWM Recovery:
1. Turn off your phone if it isn't already.
2. Press and hold the following buttons simultaneously for ~10 seconds: volume down + home button + power button
3. Release the buttons and your phone should not boot, it should be 'stuck'. That's what we wanted.
4. Connect your phone to the PC via USB. It should install the drivers fine.
5. Open CMD and browse to the folder in your desktop.
6. Once you are in the folder type the following commands:
6.a) fastboot erase recovery
, then press Enter. Let it work...
6.b) fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
, press Enter and let it work again.
6.c) fastboot reboot
, and press Enter...
7. Your device is now rebooting. You can unplug it from the PC.
You have now installed CWM Recovery.
Instructions on how to boot to CWM Recovery:
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Press at the same time for ~5 seconds: volume up + power button
3. You should be now on CWM Recovery.
Don't forget to say thanks or to donate!
[PHONE] Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
[ROM] Stable CM10
[KERNEL] Semaphore JB 2.6.6s
Buy me a beer!