Question

Lenovo A7600 / Tab A10 Custom Recovery for Backup and Restore

25th July 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
More
Hi,

I work in a school, and the school have just purchased 75 Lenovo A7600 tablets (Lenovo Tab A10).

Basically, I want to build one up and image the rest so I thought the best way to do this would be with a custome recovery - any thoughts? Any suggestion on how to do this with this model?

I was thinking the best way would be to flash Clockwork Recovery, then use that to backup on the first device and then restore it on the rest. Obviously as the tablet isn't very popular model, there's very little online about doing this on this model so I'm a little hesitant as only done it with Samsung phones in the past, following guides.

At the minute it's taking about 40mins per tablet to setup to how we want it so I think this would be a quicker way, if we had say 10 SD cards and just worked through them.

We can't get drivers for this device so would all need to be done on the device.

Lenovo have said we can do what we want with the software, their warranty still stands unless we start physically tinkering with the hardware.

Any help and/or advice is highly appreciated.
Last edited by gtg93; 25th July 2014 at 01:12 PM.
24th September 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Jönköping
Thanks Meter: 170

837 posts
More
So I've searched the forums, and I'm sorry to bring up a old thread.

But, I'm looking for a way to root the A-7600 aswell, love the tablet (for the money I paied), And all I miss is root.

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, clockwork, lenovo, recovery, restore
Previous Thread Next Thread