OP Senior Member
Flag Orangeville
Thanks Meter: 55

145 posts
Donate to Me
More
For the first flashable stock ROM for this device CLICK HERE

UPDATED

This is the first working flashable ROM for this phone that I am aware of.

Thanks to @shifattk and @FitAmp for the overclock

Thanks to @Restl3ss, who is working on a rooted and overclocked, otherwise bone stock ROM

^^^Used boot.img from the above mentioned

Based off stock 4.0.4.

Rooted
BusyBox
Overclocked to 1000mhz
Root Browser
New Launcher
Apollo Music
Default Ringtone: Crank
Bloat Removed
Theme Changes
Zipaligned

Many more changes to come!
Stable
Working and tested.

Flashing instructions:

1. Use CWM 6.0.3.1 (get it here, flash with Odin)
2. WIPE DATA/CACHE
3. Disable signature verification (signed version to come)
4. Flash
5. Wipe Dalvik.
6. Reboot
7. After initial setup, hit menu, go into preferences, scroll down and hit restart launcher. The default preferences have been modded for great performance, but don't auto load. After launcher restart, default preferences stay permanent, you only have to do it after first boot. Or change them to whatever you see fit!

Hit thanks if you enjoy!

Download:http://d-h.st/8Ee

As always, I am not responsible for you bricking your phone. Odin is not a toy, CWM Recovery is not a toy. Installing custom ROMS is relatively easy, but if you are unsure what you are doing, do some research on XDA or Google BEFORE you start messing around. This ROM is working and running on my S730M and I have had no problems so far.
Last edited by atmu5fear; 11th March 2014 at 12:55 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to atmu5fear For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto, ON
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
OMG!
I've been waiting so long for somebody to make a custom rom for this phone! This is the first custom rom for this phone at last! I shall try it out and get back to you my good sir.
Sweet! Thanks
7th March 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orangeville

145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BopIt

I've been waiting so long for somebody to make a custom rom for this phone! This is the first custom rom for this phone at last! I shall try it out and get back to you my good sir.
Sweet! Thanks

Thanks! It was plagued with issues to start, just trying to get a flashable zip of the stock ROM together was a nightmare, and since there wasn't one any where on the internet to use as a base, well... had no choice but to make one. I'm going to release a non over clocked version as well. This one is still close to stock with a few mods and tweaks, so enjoy and I'll keep working away at bringing a true custom to this phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to atmu5fear For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag Windsor, ON
Thanks Meter: 17

22 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Good Job!
I flashed it on my Discover today and it worked flawlessly.

By the way, I didn't make the OC script. It was FitAmp, the credits should go to him.
The Following User Says Thank You to shifattk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #5  
Flag Gainesville GA
Thanks Meter: 13

64 posts
More
What launcher did you use? and good job on making a working rom for it, I had been messing around with trying to cook one in the kitchen app for the SS730G. I may give that one a shot with flashing this one, the stock rom on it is having issues anyways as when I try to shut it down it reboots 9 times out of 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmu5fear

This is the first working flashable ROM for this phone that I am aware of.

Thanks to @shifattk and @FitAmp for the overclock

Thanks to @Restl3ss, who is working on a rooted and overclocked, otherwise bone stock ROM

^^^Used boot.img from the above mentioned

Based off stock 4.0.4.

Rooted
BusyBox
Overclocked to 1000mhz
New Launcher
Apollo Music
Flappy Bird (yes the original)
Default Ringtone: Crank
Bloat Removed

Coming soon:

Deodexed
Zipaligned
Added system apps for root functions and enhanced experience (Root file explorer, Greenify, upgraded keyboard, terminal emulator, lite browser)

Many more changes to come!
Stable
Working and tested.

Flashing instructions:

1. Use CWM 6.0.3.1 (get it here, flash with Odin)
2. WIPE DATA/CACHE
3. Disable signature verification (signed version to come)
4. Flash
5. Wipe Dalvik.
6. Reboot and enjoy

Hit thanks if you enjoy!

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._atmu5fear.zip

As always, I am not responsible for you bricking your phone. Odin is not a toy, CWM Recovery is not a toy. Installing custom ROMS is relatively easy, but if you are unsure what you are doing, do some research on XDA or Google BEFORE you start messing around. This ROM is working and running on my S730M and I have had no problems so far.

8th March 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orangeville

145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_evil

What launcher did you use? and good job on making a working rom for it, I had been messing around with trying to cook one in the kitchen app for the SS730G. I may give that one a shot with flashing this one, the stock rom on it is having issues anyways as when I try to shut it down it reboots 9 times out of 10.

Launcher pro, the only launcher I will use since I bought my first droid, runs clean and light. There's always the option to change to whatever launcher you like, for me, on this phone, runs the smoothest and that's what I'm going for here. Many changes still to come!

Kitchen is a great tool for learning AS LONG as you take a look at every change you implement with kitchen, in the update or updater script itself. The one thing about it is, that if you fully rely on kitchen, even if it does work, you won't learn a thing. All of the changes kitchen makes, can be made in terminal and text editor (Linux) to give you some hands on experience

8th March 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #7  
Flag Gainesville GA

64 posts
More
Quote:

Launcher pro, the only launcher I will use since I bought my first droid, runs clean and light. There's always the option to change to whatever launcher you like, for me, on this phone, runs the smoothest and that's what I'm going for here. Many changes still to come!

Kitchen is a great tool for learning AS LONG as you take a look at every change you implement with kitchen, in the update or updater script itself. The one thing about it is, that if you fully rely on kitchen, even if it does work, you won't learn a thing. All of the changes kitchen makes, can be made in terminal and text editor (Linux) to give you some hands on experience

I'm partial to the Nova Launcher myself, but I know what you mean. While the stock launcher is better than the standard Samsung Touchwiz crap, it definitely could use a speed increase on this phone.

I keep hoping and dreaming that someone will be able to port KitKat to this phone. I just flashed the current SlimKat rom on my Nexus S and I'm impressed with how fast the Google Now launcher performs on it. Maybe with this one overclocked to 1GHz and it having 512 megs of ram which I think is a little more than the Nexus S had it would make a different.
8th March 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orangeville

145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_evil

I'm partial to the Nova Launcher myself, but I know what you mean. While the stock launcher is better than the standard Samsung Touchwiz crap, it definitely could use a speed increase on this phone.

I keep hoping and dreaming that someone will be able to port KitKat to this phone. I just flashed the current SlimKat rom on my Nexus S and I'm impressed with how fast the Google Now launcher performs on it. Maybe with this one overclocked to 1GHz and it having 512 megs of ram which I think is a little more than the Nexus S had it would make a different.

Kit Kat was built to run on 512mb, from everything I've heard it utilizes memory way better than any other version yet. I'm going to look at porting ROMs to this device, but one project at a time . It should be possible though. Even if I can port a stock 4.4.2 and start customizing from there, I think this phone would benefit tremendously from it, more so then newer more powerful devices.

10th March 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #9  
Flag Gainesville GA

64 posts
More
Quote:

Kit Kat was built to run on 512mb, from everything I've heard it utilizes memory way better than any other version yet. I'm going to look at porting ROMs to this device, but one project at a time . It should be possible though. Even if I can port a stock 4.4.2 and start customizing from there, I think this phone would benefit tremendously from it, more so then newer more powerful devices.

I flashed my 730G with this rom, so far it looks good. I may switch the launcher to a different one but other than this it looks and appears to run fine. I can't test the radio at the moment as my net10 sim is cut down to nano size and I can't find my regular sim to nano sim adapter. I know I have one but finding it will be the fun part.
10th March 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orangeville

145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Double check the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS etc, make sure they turn on and work. They should as they work fine on the 730m, but you never know. I haven't seen the build.prop for the G

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy discover rom, s730m custom rom, s730m rom
Previous Thread Next Thread