Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFFICIAL] Samsung Galaxy J (SGH-N075T / SC-02F) Rooting, ROMs, Kernels & Guides

Tip us?

davidcsv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizuki.buy View Post
Thank you for telling me about proxyme. I had no Idea about it. I am going to read about it in detail.
So, if I flash the sc-02f firmware from the proxyme thread, I can turn root on/off at will? And all the Japan specific features like osaifu, 1-seg, nottv will still work? What about the N-075t file - can that also be flashed on the sc-02f? While using proxyme, is it still possible to use xposed or is there possibility of some interference between the two?

Sorry for many questions but it sounds like very interesting concept. :
First of all, don't worry about asking questions...that's how we all can learn from each other, eh?

Correct, Proxyme (and the underlying mechanism) allows you to enable/disable the rooted state of the phone at will. The stock images which have been 'treated' with Proxyme are untouched as far as the Japanese specific features are concerned. If a specific feature only works on an un-rooted phone, then make sure to disable SU in Proxyme. Most of the Proxyme ready images come with a sample debloat.sh script, but if you require many of the localised features, better review the script before executing it, because it might wipe out more than you've bargained for.

The N075T based rom for the SC-02F has some advantages over the Docomo image, including an international setting with support for many more languages than only 3 (japanese, korean, english) in the Docomo rom. NFC is still a problem due to differences in NFC hardware and hopefully can be solved in the (near) future. This rom will appeal more to SC-02F owners living outside of Japan I suppose.

As for the Xposed framework, shouldn't be a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to davidcsv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kizuki.buy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Post SIM unlocking?

@davidcsv

Did you happen to get your hands on sc-02f and play with it?
Any ideas on how to sim unlock it without going to Docomo shop?
Tags
sc-02f sgh-n075t proxyme