[PORT][ROM][6.0.1][CM13][UNOFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix | Wiko Getaway [MT6582]

Search This thread

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
Hi,

This is a ResurrectionRemix-M 6.0.1 PORT for Wiko Getaway, based on RR-M for MT6582 (compiled and shared by MTK Hacker Pro )
original ROMS: https://plus.google.com/+AjitUchiha/posts

Disclaimer:
Code:
#include
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * DO NOT LEECH MY DOWNLOADS, PLEASE RE-DIRECT YOUR FORUM /PAGE
 * TO THIS THREAD, IF YOU LIKE MY WORK, YOU CAN SAY THANKS,
 * AND MAYBE BUY ME SOME BEERS
 */

Compatible Devices: Possible works on Wiko Getaway Clones, like:
- Explay Neo
- Qmobile i12
- Myphone Ocean ELITE
- Casper via v5 (maybe)

ResurrectionRemix-M Status:

limitations (Not Working / Needs Improvements):
  • Principal Camera have 8Mpx maximum (must be 13Mpx)
  • Camera Panaroma and Photo Sphere don't work - See post #3 - Tips & Tricks - 1.Camera with Photo sphere, Panorama and Lens Blur
  • FM radio don't work
  • VPN don't work

Backup your IMEI/NVRAM (IMPORTANT):
Backup IMEI/NVRAM from full functional ROM (KK 21 or CM12.1).
The best way (only way for me) to recover IMEI (to get properly GSM) is using "MTK Nvram Tool (Backup & Restore)".
See "[TOOL][AROMA] MTK Nvram Tool (Backup & Restore)" thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2594364
You can use others tools to backup & recover your IMEI

Flash Instructions:
  • Backup your ROM, if you want go back (because next steps clean all your data)
  • Put the original ROM ResurrectionRemix-M-vx.x.x-YYYYMMDD-mtkroms.com.zip on external SDCard (see post #2 Downloads & Changelogs)
  • Put the BOOT image FIX ResurrectionRemix-M-vx.x.x-YYYYMMDD_BOOT_V0x_jasousa-mtkroms.com on external SDCard (see post #2 Downloads & Changelogs)
  • Put the BLOBS FIX ResurrectionRemix-M-vx.x.x-YYYYMMDD_BLOBS_V0x_jasousa-mtkroms.com.zip on external SDCard (see post #2 Downloads & Changelogs)
  • Flash the new CWM Recovery for MT6582 (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sgqpo41v...3_RR/PHILZ_recovery_WikoGetawayKK_ok.img?dl=0). If can't flash this recovery (maybe on getaway clones), try flash PhilZ Touch Recovery for Casper Via V5 (https://yadi.sk/d/662_32KQiDL5T). Download original Getaway KK 21 Scatter file from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdga3gbx8x6hx9z/MT6582_Android_scatter.txt?dl=0
  • Full Wipes (use option "Clean to install a New ROM")
  • Flash origina ROM
  • Flash BOOT image FIX
  • Flash BLOBS FIX
  • Flash GAPPS 6 pico (from OpenGapps http://opengapps.org/) - You must be flash GAPPS in first installation
  • Recover your IMEI/NVRAM (with "MTK Nvram Tool" )
  • Enjoy

Credits:
Original Post: http://www.mtkroms.com/2016/06/stable-resurrection-remix-570-for-mt6582.html
@ferhung - The man behind CM13 for MT6582
@fire855 - Another legend
@hyperion70
www.mtkroms.com
Ajit Guraya - Compiled Resurrection Remix v5.7.1 for MT6582 from source and fixed camera !
Minh Quoc and Karim Gahgah - For video recording fix
Aniruddha Adhikary - For his amazing USSD Fix
Sergey Kochetkoff - For his amazing GPS fix
Team Roger That - Ajit Guraya, Diparth Shah, Pawan Diyal, Ashutosh Dubey, Waseem Maya, Ankit Bhatangar, @Rohan Taneja, Vipul Jha, Pranav Reddy
Resurrection Remix Devs/Team - www.resurrectionremix.com
Required blobs (Really huge thanks) :
nofearnohappy, Varun Chitre (@varun.chitre15), Ariafan, Vald.masti, @fire855, Alex

Wiko getaway PORT/FIX Contributors:
@jasousa

ROM OS Version: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: ResurrectionRemix-M/CyanogenMod

Created: 2016-07-25

Last edited:
Reactions: HACH and holybabel

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
Downloads & Changelogs

V 5.7.3-20160807 (07 October 2016), based on "[6.0.1][STABLE] Resurrection Remix 5.7.3 For MT6582 - GPS Working"

V 5.7.1-20160714 (25 july 2016), based on "[6.0.1][STABLE] Resurrection Remix 5.7.1 For MT6582 - GPS WORKING"

Last edited:
Reactions: HACH and holybabel

Pandicorn

Jan 31, 2016
Rom installation error

Got an error when I try to flash the rom:
ApplyParsedPerms: Isetfilecon of /system/lost+found to u: object_r:system_file:s0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint set_metdata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

andy.marsh

Jul 31, 2016
Can't able to flash philz recovery through flashify. Also when trying to install ROM status 7 error appears. I am using CWM Recovery

Thank you

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
Got an error when I try to flash the rom:
ApplyParsedPerms: Isetfilecon of /system/lost+found to u: object_r:system_file:s0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint set_metdata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Do you downoad ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.7.1-20160714-mtkroms.com.zip file? (direct link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uqw2dE255KbHpHcjN1d3NWak0/view)
And... do you use PHILZ_recovery for getaway, from post #2?

Reactions: Pandicorn

andy.marsh

Jul 31, 2016
Still can't able to flash philz recovery with sp flash tool.

My device is qmobile i12 running cm12.1 ROM.

aspirat2110

Jul 12, 2016
Problem with Wifi

I just tried to watch a movie with the Amazon Video App but every 10 mins or so the wifi just disconnects and the connection is the best possible.
I don't know why, it's a relative fresh installation of this ROM.

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
Still can't able to flash philz recovery with sp flash tool.

My device is qmobile i12 running cm12.1 ROM.

Ok, your phone are'nt Wiko Getaway... but Qmobile i12 is the same... Don't know why you can't install philz recovery posted in #2.
You are using CM12.1 from here: http://xdaforums.com/android/development/port-cyanogenmod-12-1-wiko-getaway-t3242011 ? Try use philz recovery available from there (CWM Recovery or PhilZ Touch Recovery from Casper Via V5)!

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
I just tried to watch a movie with the Amazon Video App but every 10 mins or so the wifi just disconnects and the connection is the best possible.
I don't know why, it's a relative fresh installation of this ROM.

Do you have a wifi drop every 10 minuts? That's it? This happens only with Amazon Video or happens the same with YouTube?
Dido you backup an recovery NVRAM, from a full functional ROM (KK ou CM12.1)?

regards

aspirat2110

Jul 12, 2016
Do you have a wifi drop every 10 minuts? That's it? This happens only with Amazon Video or happens the same with YouTube?
Dido you backup an recovery NVRAM, from a full functional ROM (KK ou CM12.1)?

regards

Yes, it only happens with Amazon Video, in Youtube everything is fine.
And I did backup an recovery NVRAM using "MTK Nvram Tool (Backup & Restore)" from a full functional ROM (CM12.1).
Removing the Wifi (and logging back in) or setting a static IP does not help.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasousa

andy.marsh

Jul 31, 2016
After flashing philz recovery from Casper via5 I successfully flashed the ROM. Everything working fine. Thanks a lot jasousa for your help and for your port.
Great work.
God bless you.

Reactions: jasousa

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
After flashing philz recovery from Casper via5 I successfully flashed the ROM. Everything working fine. Thanks a lot jasousa for your help and for your port.
Great work.
God bless you.
Thank you. Your feedback are very useful. I add this workaround on post #1.

Sent from my getaway using Tapatalk

andy.marsh

Jul 31, 2016
When I take panorama from "cardboard camera" or make videos from another camera app the image appears to show pixels. It also happens when I take live photo from "mx camera".

andy.marsh

Jul 31, 2016
When I connect my device to PC as media device the computer shows "Device is Connected" but it does not show any USB device in "My Computer". I searched on Google about it and it shows that it is a common problem in Marshmallow.
Did you know the fix of this problem?
Thank you.

eeeddr

Feb 16, 2015
How would one get a fix for the camera problem? Per example, on the cm 12.1 port you did, what was the science behind the camera fix? Wouldn't it be similar to how it's been dont before?
Sorry if it's a dumb question, I just started messing with ROM's, will probably start studying the code behind them some time soon tho, it seems pretty interesting.

Aliahmed3129

Jul 2, 2016
Network Problem

Hello sir thank you for this wonderful rom. I am very thankful to you. But i have problem with this rom that on my sim 2 network is only 3g i am unable to switch to 2g can you help me. Thanks

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
Hello sir thank you for this wonderful rom. I am very thankful to you. But i have problem with this rom that on my sim 2 network is only 3g i am unable to switch to 2g can you help me. Thanks
See BLOBS FIX V02, fom post #2.
More stable GSM and WIFI. Recover GSM after "aeroplane mode".

regards

icefo

Dec 30, 2014
Hi !

I generated a scatter file using mtkdroidtools and used it to flash the recovery using Smart Phone Flash Tool but I got the error "pmt changed for the rom it must be downloaded". I read too fast a forum that told me to use the auto-format feature from Smart Phone Flash Tool and now I have a nice paperweight. Smart Phone Flash Tool can still connect to the phone, is there a way to unbrick it ?

I found the original rom but it's a big exe. If someone can send me a copy of their phone rom and a scatter file that would be super nice.

I downloaded and ran the latest update from the wiko website and the phone came back to life ! I now have to copy the wifi mac and 2 IMEI written on the cellphone box back to the phone
(I'm not deleting this post in case someone make the same mistake as me)

Have a nice day :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts