FORUMS

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more

Galaxy S6 Shipping with Different Camera Models

One of the Galaxy S6’s most flaunted features is its spectacular camera, its 16MP … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM]Android L Material ROM for XOLO 8x-1000 and clones! (MT6592)

24th January 2015, 12:42 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Unknown Land
Thanks Meter: 414

More
Code:
Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. A lot. Make sure to keep a nandroid backup of your current ROM ready before flashing any new ROM or MOD
INTRODUCTION
Hello everyone!
Presenting before you Android L Themed ROM straight from MT6582 to MT6592. Ported and modified from Android 4.2.2 to Android 4.4.2 and is pretty stable (Well few issues still remain but they are not big of a deal
This ROM is first in it's kind for MT6592!
ROM is themed based on Android L 5.0 It is clean AOSP based ROM (4.4.2) tweaked for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE and is designed for devices running MT6592 Octa-Core chipsets.
ROM is compatible with following devices XOLO 8x-1000, Cherry Mobile Excalibur, Mobiistar Prime 508 and Infinix Zero (Infinix Zero users you don't flash this ROM as of now! Wait for my small patch or you won't have working cam)

SCREENSHOTS

FEATURES
- Pre rooted
- Zipalinged
- Best init.d tweaks related to speed and performance and gpu and internet and much more
- Supercharger V6 added
- All latest updated G-Apps! Material Style (No popups to update apps, Updated as of 23-01-2015)
- Motorola Gallery added (Material)
- Dolby Digital Plus Added (check Screenshot)
- Sony X-Reality engine, Bravia Engine 3, Beats Audio Integrated
- Framework Animations (Settings -> Advanced)
- Xposed and Gravity Box Integrated (Needs to install framework at first boot)
- Backup/Restore option (from 8x-1000 stock)
- Fully Material themed
- Important apps already integrated
- Dolby Digital Plus support in framework.jar and services.jar
- Ok Google functionality
- Lollipop Easter Egg
- No Bloatwares
and all other features of Material ROM v3!

DOWNLOADS
Download here Android_L_Stable

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
You should be rooted and have custom recovery installed. Follow ROOTING guide and install RECOVERY and follow next steps.
1) Keep it SD card and reboot to recovery.
2) Wipe data/cache and dalvik and then flash the ROM, incase you get a bootloop (which you won't) then reboot in recovery wipe data/cache and dalvik TWICE then again reboot recovery from advanced menu and then install the ROM and reboot.
3) Will work with any recovery prefer using Philz. (Link above)
4) Reboot and keep patience as first boot can take upto 15-20 minutes.
INFINIX ZERO users make sure you have stock boot.img flash this mod first CAMERA FIX and then using SP Flashtool flash stock boot.img or else wait for my mod
NOTE : After Installing ROM will automatically reboot recovery to fix root. Manually reboot to system from recovery

BUGS
- At first boot it will ask to setup device, that time while setting google account keyboard won't work as keyboard is not enabled skip that part and manually enable keyboard later from menu. It'll work fine after that
- After you setup the device it will say "Unfortunately Setup Wizard has stopped" keep tapping on ok continuously and after 3-4 times you'll see a black screen then press home key from device (hard key middle one on your device below screen) and you'll go to home screen. I know you can bypass that! OR to fix this issue just open the zip with any zip viewer and go to system folder then app and delete the "Browser.apk" and install the ROM
- ROM can't take screenshot from "Volume UP or Down + Power Key" but hey Gravity Box is there!
- You may get error like "Unkown issue request from Google Play Music or Services". You must know it's from a lower Android and SoC port hence will be having some issues but Google Play Music works just fine. Uninstall it if you don't want it. Fixed Check Add-Ons sections for Fix.
- You may see issue that Dolby doesn't gets enabled, but plug in headphones then open the option dolby it'll work. In case you are frustated with my work install this Dolby app along with it, This one will work absolutely fine Download HERE
None other. ROM is totally fine and has good performance and battery backup

ADDONS
GApps Fix download HERE
ROM doesn't has Lollipop taskswitcher use "Fancy Switcher" from Play Store to get lollipop taskswitcher.
For lollipop lock screen download lollipop lock screen from Play Store

FAQ
Q) ROM is having bad RAM management?
A) It is due to so heavily tweaked. Play games then complain if it hangs or not.

Q) Pre-Integrated Dolby still doesn't work?
A) Uninstall it simply using system app remover I added in ROM and install Dolby from this thread.

CREDITS
@bgos10 for his easy rooting guide and his TWRP 2.8.3.2.0
@yourarjunjadeja for his AIO MOD
@carliv for his recovery
@Phil3759 for his recovery
Teamwin for their recovery
Jeff Rivera for his original concept of Material ROM and his helpers
Me for porting it to MT6592 and giving first base :P
If I left anyone please tell me I will add your name.

Keep an eye on the thread for latest update patches and/or bug fixes.
Development takes a lot of resources and time. Please hit thanks button and appreciate my work if u like it
You can donate too if you like! Please see my signature for how to donate!
Last edited by Tech N You; 25th January 2015 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Adding Google Play Music and Google Services Fix Patch
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tech N You For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th January 2015, 12:44 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Unknown Land

More
Reserved
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tech N You For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2015, 12:44 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Unknown Land

More
Reserved 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tech N You For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2015, 08:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Testing
Lemme try it.
27th January 2015, 05:03 AM |#5  
Flag Tula
Thanks Meter: 471

More
Thumbs up
Awesome work @Tech N You!!! Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to hyperion70 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2015, 05:34 AM |#6  

More
Infinix zero
Got stuck at start up screen.
27th January 2015, 06:57 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Unknown Land

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emasys

Got stuck at start up screen.

Flash with Philz. And wipe data/cache twice then reboot recovery and install
27th January 2015, 08:07 AM |#8  

More
Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech N You

Flash with Philz. And wipe data/cache twice then reboot recovery and install

Done that. Still stuck at startup screen
27th January 2015, 11:17 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Unknown Land

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emasys

Done that. Still stuck at startup screen

Flash ROM and switch off the device and then flash ur stock boot.img via SP Flashtool
27th January 2015, 04:25 PM |#10  

More
Didn't work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech N You

Flash ROM and switch off the device and then flash ur stock boot.img via SP Flashtool

Not working
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android lollipop 5.0, cherry mobile excalibur, infinix zero, mobiistar prime 508, xolo-play
Previous Thread Next Thread