Ok, so the method I propose is absolutely non intrusive. You might want to flash the recovery you'll find here-under but I personally haven't done it so feel free to go first Flashing back the original recovery shouldn't be a big deal anyway.
You should have installed:
So the method is pretty easy:
- Download the latest SuperSU update.zip and put it at the root of your Internal SD Card
- (Optional) Download Google Apps for Android 4.2.2 (thanks to TeamAndroid) and put it at the root of your Internal SD Card
- Download the recovery.img (build 140205)
- un-7zip it
- Restart your device in the bootloader:
- Boot your phone into the ClockworkMod recovery:
fastboot boot cwm_recovery_custom.img
- Install zip, wipe partition, backup/restore, adb sideload, ...
The phone is left untouched except for the zip you flashed.
Update on the 6th of February (Build 140205):
- Bigger font
- /sdcard mounted on the first user's internal storage (= symlink /sdcard /data/media/0)
- Makes use of the latest kernel
The old recovery.img stays available.
For those who would be stuck on K910_SS_S_2_040_0039_131101, I posted the official update.zip here
How to build my own recovery
If you are curious about building the recovery, I'll post here a few tips.
First of all, you'll need a good tutorial like the one on XDA University. The steps are the following:
- Prepare your OS to receive a cyanogenmod repository. I would advice an Ubuntu so you can following this guide. Note that this is for a plain Android so you need to stop following it when they issue the first repo command
- Then you need to carefully read this guide on porting CyanogenMod ROM. You don't need to build the full system (which is a completely other story) but only the recovery. I prepared the vendor directory for you (base on LG Optimus and a lot of research).
- The building happens according to this guide.
You could be done by now if it wasn't for the dtb. If you try to boot your recovery as is, fastboot will complain about it. You'll find other people having the same issue, just follow their solution.