FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][PORT][JB 4.1.2] Nabixus 0.1beta for Nabi 2

4th October 2014, 05:21 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125

More
This is a port of stock the Nexus7 (Grouper) 4.1.2 ROM with the Nabi 2 OTA 2.4.6 as the base. Everything seems to be working but as the title says it is a beta and so not fully tested....FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Couple of things to be aware of: You have to update some of the apps before they work (Chrome for instance) and when adjusting the brightness it is possible to turn the screen all the way black, don't panic, just slide it back to the right...oh, and if you try to skip turning on the wifi it still tries to connect but it will eventually time out. If anyone actually uses the Nabi camera I have found that the Nexus 7 Camera app from the play store will work, other ones might also but I tested that one. There are no HDMI settings right now because the Nexus didn't have that port but the HDMI does work.

Screenshot:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-03-23-28-20.png
Views:	87
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	2959243

Instructions:
1. Make a full TWRP backup to external sdcard!!! AND make sure your backup works!!!
2. Download the zip and place it on your external sdcard.
3. Wipe everything except external sdcard.
4. Install the zip.
5. Wipe cache and davlik again for good measure.
6. Reboot and do a little happy dance!!! (First boot takes a while so don't freak after 30 secs, lol)

Download: Nabixus_beta0.1.zip , Mirror1, or Mirror2
MD5: b334707cf14b2ad4e552d6a7a3b48fcd

Let me know what you think, I know there's room for improvement....and I'll fix this post up some at some point, give me a break it's my first time!!
Last edited by n3wt; 4th October 2014 at 07:47 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to n3wt For This Useful Post: [ View ]

4th October 2014, 05:22 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved
4th October 2014, 05:22 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved 2
4th October 2014, 08:32 AM |#4  
First! LOL. Glad you got it going. If you need any help or any stock files from my newly acquired Nexus 7, let me know. I can make a complete nandroid if needed.
4th October 2014, 01:44 PM |#5  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Thumbs up Additional screenshots!
Can't spend too much time fooling around with it before the kids get up, but looks good for now! Thanks for the awesome work!

4th October 2014, 02:27 PM |#6  
Just to report, all is well with the port. Just getting a bit of screen flicker but that is due to the low brightness level. It has gone away since I have raised it up all the way. All apps updating fine via Playstore and OTG USB working great as well. Side loading a lot of what I call my "Power Rooting Apps". This reminds me of the nexus 7 I just got LOL. Great job!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkAngel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th October 2014, 06:55 PM |#7  
Boone
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Dude! YOU ROCK....

Now when my son upgrades, I'll be able to use the nabi for kodi (xbmc) on the tv.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
4th October 2014, 07:35 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 635

More
Awesome, can't wait till I have a moment free to give this a try!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
4th October 2014, 11:45 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 11,519

Donate to Me
More
@n3wt GREAT job, just wanted to know if I build CyanogenMod for Nexus 7 2012; could you port CyanogenMod over to Nabi?
5th October 2014, 12:28 AM |#10  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katinatez

@n3wt GREAT job, just wanted to know if I build CyanogenMod for Nexus 7 2012; could you port CyanogenMod over to Nabi?

I've been trying to port CM the past few days and keep getting stuck at a never ending boot animation. So yeah, if you guys could give it a shot that would be great, lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nabi, nabi 2, nabi-2, port, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread