[root] Wiko Fever [MT6753]

Search This thread

amau05

Feb 8, 2014
Hello guys
Am I really forced to unlock the bootloader? Can't I just use the stock recovery from wiko to install super SU? I really don't want to reinitialize my smartphone now i just set it up right yesterday...

vokal1992

Feb 3, 2012
Lisbon
Anyone interested in CyanogenMod 13?

Only bugs I still need to solve:

- Wrong default device name under Bluetooth Settings, it's showing Lenovo A7000 (You can still rename it)
- Options not used by the Wiko Fever under Buttons Settings

Reactions: KosalSakya and oile

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
hi, i'm an italian user. i tried to root phone with MM

oem unlock - OK
twrp install - OK

but after flshing supersu (the latest official stable version) the phone stuck on wiko logo. any suggestion? i have also flashed the boot.img included in the rar file

ShadixAced

Sep 5, 2016
hi, i'm an italian user. i tried to root phone with MM

oem unlock - OK
twrp install - OK

but after flshing supersu (the latest official stable version) the phone stuck on wiko logo. any suggestion? i have also flashed the boot.img included in the rar file

Flashing the boot.img caused also my phone not to boot.

One thing, flash the original boot.img from Wiko and then install the recovery.img ONLY.
Download Systemless root from Chainfire (SuperSU) and then install it using TWRP from hanuma.

EDIT3: Seems that I solved it, but needed to turn back to Lollipop for using the CDS information from the MTK EngineerMode (since CDS is not available in Marshmallow)
+ I saw that Wiko deleted some things to the MM firm, putting it to a challenge to reinject the IMEI. For example, in the V18 (Lollipop: First Version), the apedata was present, which is not the case anymore in the Marshmallow one. The EM Simlock and the CDS Information from the MTK EngineerMode (present/available in V18), has been deleted too, making it impossible to repair the IMEI. As people said the "Chamelephon" app could recover it, I tested it and it didn't work. So the only changes you can do are only in V18.
++ Wiko did put 6 VERSIONS of the NVRAM, changed the 5MB original NVRAM dump to 11MB (as verified on TWRP Marshmallow and TWRP Lollipop (hanuma the saver !)), and deleted the essential apps for recovering IMEI. Now I managed to get it working, but now i have a freaking NVRAM WARNING = Err 0x10 on my WiFi.
plot twist: Try flashing the v31 using MTK SP Flash Tool, and it will recognise as a Vietnamese phone (not jk, personal experience)

Last edited:

meski3abala

Feb 11, 2013
not working

it's not working
i unlocked bootloader
installed twrp M but when i run it the message of modifying system partition when activate it the phone brick
but when i leave system read only its work but cant root my phone
ive wiko fever 4g; 16gb; 3gb ram

ShadixAced

Sep 5, 2016
meski3abala, if you didn't click on Keep Read Only, well it's a problem.
But yes, as jelger says, if you want to touch to the system (like boot.img, because root in this firmware is systemless), you need to grant TWRP writing access to the system.
Additionally, if you already checked that option, i do think you will need to reinstall recovery (because the option is stored in the recovery and I don't think you can change it.
Next time, swap below to allow modifications.

paxsax

Jul 27, 2007
Rome
TWRP 3.0.2.0 Wiko Fever Marshmallow
Download

Install Recovery and Boot - Boot.img modified to install SuperSU

sorry for the silly question, but I would like to be sure and avoid brick my phone.

downloaded the rar , into it there are 2 .img files
boot.img
recovery.img
which of the 2 I have to install using ABD command (fastboot flash recovery ...) in order to have twrp installed?

many thanks
thanks

paxsax

Jul 27, 2007
Rome
Did it, everything went fine no error on abd shell, but no twrp installed, still stock one.
Don't know what's wrong

Another doubt do I need to unlock boot loader first?

Last edited:

meski3abala

Feb 11, 2013
wiko fever M systemless root

i rooted my wiko by systemless root
1- flash twrp custom recovery M witout boot.img
2- reboot yr phone to recovery mode and when system partition message will appear click to keep it read only
3-go to advanced --> terminal --> type ¤( echo "SYSTEMLESS=true" > /data/.supersu) then click enter
4- go to file mnager verify if .super.su file found in /data/ folder
5- install supersu flashable zip

akogwapo14

Jul 24, 2015
Someone share there mpob_001 file in there lolipop not mm.
I just need it because my phone is unknown imei i forgot to back up.
Its located here
qeJcgHy.jpg

Xsailor

Feb 11, 2008
Micromax Canvas 5

Hello All,

Many thanks to all helpful posters. I was able to achieve the following;

Device: Micromax Canvas 5/Septer 2016 built
Bootloader unlocked
TWRP Fever recovery installed
Fever ROM v39 installed and later OTA upgraded to latest - no Marsh-mellow!

Quick queries:
1. I used the Engineering mode to redo the IMEI numbers - is it safe to install TWRP MM recovery and go for the OTA MM update?
2. I use a Sandisk 32GB class 10 card which works flawlessely on other devices - however, on installing it on my 'new' fever, it shows as corrupt / damage and reformats it to 15 "MB" - tried looking for an issue but could not locate any. I use the SD formatter v4 on my PC to format the card.
I have an old 128MB card which works and installs as 128MB. What gives?

Once again, thanks for all your help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting GUIDE

Hi,
    Good news: Rooting is done! :victory:

Here is the guide for rooting your Wiko Fever:

Warning (for newbies): First copy all indicated files to your SD card using your phone in normal state. Or use a PC and a SD reader for copy them when indicated.

1) Unlock bootloader:

1.1) Boot for first time your device. I recommend to NOT register/login/add Wifi/add accounts/etc., because the unlock process DELETES all your data in the device. So to go more fast, skip all, and go directly to SETTINGS. In section ABOUT DEVICE, enable the developer options with eight time picks over “Build number”. Then in SETTINGS/DEVELOPER OPTIONS, enable the option “OEM unlocking”. Then power off.

1.2) Power on the device in the BOOTLOADER mode (using ADB: "adb reboot-bootloader"). Execute in your computer the command “fastboot oem unlock”, say YES with “vol+” and “power” buttons. Then select reboot. This ERASES completely your device (factory restore), but the bootloader will be UNLOCKED! Two reboots needed.

2) Install custom Recovery:

2.1) Download from here the BETA 1 of CWM BETA 2 of CWM BETA 3 of CWM: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4g87bj
    OR Download TWRP Beta 1 for Lollipop 5.1 from Hanuma: http://www.sendspace.com/file/y4jel8
    (Original post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64543542&postcount=45)
    OR Download TWRP 3.0.2.0 for Marshmallow from Hanuma: https://www.sendspace.com/file/9ms9zz
    (Original post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67531723&postcount=217)

2.2) Boot in the BOOTLOADER mode (using ADB: "adb reboot-bootloader"). Then execute command “fastboot flash recovery recovery-custom-wiko-fever.img”; and then “fastboot reboot”.

3) Rooting:

3.1) Copy last beta of SuperSU v2.52 to your SD Card (file BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip).
    http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133

3.2) Boot in the CWM with “Vol+” and “Power” buttons.

3.3) Install ZIP from external-sd card.

3.4) Reboot and don’t select “fix root”, only “Yes”.

3.5) After boot, start SuperSU and configure it. Root done!

4) Xposed install:

4.1) Copy last release of Xposed Installer to your SD Card. Use files from here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
    * xposed-v78-sdk22-arm64.zip
    * XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk
    * xposed-uninstaller-20150831-arm64.zip (in case of errors).

4.2) Boot in the Recovery, and install the framework (file xposed-v78-sdk22-arm64.zip).

4.3) After reboot, install the Xposed APK (file XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk).

4.4) Reboot. The Xposed framework is running.

Enjoy! :cool:

Notes: Before starting to root your device I recommend to do a full DUMP of the firmware using the SP Flash Tool. Use my handmade scatter file. :angel:

Thank you to all developers & supporters! :highfive:
    TWRP Recovery 2.8.7.0 Fever(Beta) http://d-h.st/82jl
    b880e688039fdd8f0bcec2475eabe0c1.png
    Has anyone tried this on the Blu Life One X yet?
    Just performed this on my new Blu Life One X and it worked perfectly! Thanks OP. Hope we get some more ROM support.
    unable to install costom recovery every time i install and reboot the phone in recovery it open stock recovery again

Same here. Perhaps we are doing something wrong?

I got it working.

Don't follow the instructions to use fastboot reboot after flashing recovery. Instead after flashing recovery, unplug the USB cable. Then hold vol+ and power until it turns off. Let go, then after a second hold them both again. This time it will boot into custom recovery.

The next time I tried to enter CWM it still went into stock recovery. I did the same method and that time it stuck. Now when I go into recovery it is always the custom recovery.

Download
    Download Material Theme

WARNING!! Strictly follow these installation instruction!
    Install:
    1. Flash the recovery.img using SP FlashTool
    2. Enter into TWRP and Install the patch "SuperSU 2.78-SR1"
    3. Reboot to the system

SuperSU v2.78-SR1 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053