Well, HAT is short-form of Hybrid APK Tool. HAT makes decompiling/recompiling of all apk files easy as 1 2 3, HAT supports both apk's and jar files and is very easy to work with. HAT provides all features necessary for any modder/user.
Honestly, that's up to you. There are many tools out there but mostly fail at critical times but HAT can be a good bet.
● High success rate while decompiling/recompiling.
● Special method of decompiling/recompiling jar files! Never seen before this method will never fail and you can easily edit any jar file (deodexed jar). HAT uses special method for the process.
● Avoid bootloops while editing framework-res.apk especially for SONY devices. HAT uses special method that avoids bootloops.
● Real time logging. Generate logs for every action.
● Choose your own version of apktool. Currently HAT comes with two versions of apktool (the folder is hidden due so to avoid any unwanted deletion of the folder, kindly enable the show hidden files option). To use your own version of apktool keep your apktool in "tools/apktool" folder
● Normal method of decompiling and recompiling of jar also present giving two methods to simultaneously work at jar files/
● Clear the junk files if too populated
Ans) Two possible reasons a) You have not extracted it in C: drive
b) You have space in your username eg Tech N You instead of TechNYou
a) Extract it in C and execute
b) Make a new account with no space in between
Q) I see errors related to java, what are they?
A) To work with apk's and jar's you must have JAVA installed on your machine. Install JAVA then proceed also if you have java installed make sure it has been defined in system path
Q) I have java still I face errors, why?
A) Reason is java not defined in system. Open cmd and type "java" and "javac" (without quotes) and press enter if you get error(s) like :"java" or "javac" is not an external or internal command define java in your PC. Search google on how to.
If you get some response on trying both commands it's an issue with tool. Please report here.
Q) Do I need anything else than java?
A) No you don't need anything else than java. Recommended latest version java
HAT - Hybrid APK Tool for Windows, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)
Tech N You, Tech N You
Current Stable Version: v1
Stable Release Date: 2015-03-31
Last Updated 2015-03-30