Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

[ZIP][Ultimate][For Noobs] Automatic ROM porter for Miromax Unite 2

OP Forever Alone

1st July 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 851

296 posts
Okay guys, so I know you want to port ROMs yourself, but you still ask for developers to port ROMs for you. I like noobs and I like supporting them, so here's a porting ZIP. The ZIP can port Any MT6582 ROM to Micromax Unite 2 without need to open and make changes in original ROM! Look great? Let's see how it will work!

1. Backup your current ROM!!!!
2. Open the META-INF folder of the ROM to port and delete lines like "format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5")" or any line which formats the partition [Do it only with Notepad++ or any other GNU editor, but don't do it with Notepad/Wordpad etc. ZIP it again.
2. Format /System and make a factory reset.
3. Flash any MT6582/MT6582M ROM in your Micromax Unite 2.
4. Flash my "ROM_Porter_Micromax_Unite_2.zip" after flashing your ROM.
5. Reboot!

~Bug Fixing guide:

1. If the UI appears to be upside down, then change a line with "hw.rotation" to 180..! If there is no such line then add "ro.sf.hwrotation=180" line in build.prop ANYWHERE!!
2. If the ROM seems to be 'zoomed' in or 'not fitting screen', then edit a line with "ro.sf.lcd_density=XX" to "ro.sf.lcd_density=213" or add "ro.sf.lcd_density=213" line in build.prop if you cannot find any line like that!
3. There is a loop in bootanimation: Just change "bootclasspath" in init.rc which is inside the boot.img [Don't ask me how to do this, just google it out!].. if porting Color OS, then newbies, don't do this because it needs many changes in init.rc.

Quote:

Downloads

:
Click here.

How To Release a ROM after bugs fixed!:

1. Wipe userdata.
2. Make a Nandroid backup using any recovery [CWM recommended!]
3. Upload the Nandroid backup.
4. Ask users to download the "Backup_x_x_x" folder and place it in "SDcard/Clockworkdmod/Backup/" folder and restore that Nandroid backup!!

Quote:

Please don't come to me if your phone is bricked, also I can no more test this ZIP or any ROM because I don't have this phone any more :'( my phone got stolen!

Last edited by Forever Alone; 10th July 2014 at 11:42 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Forever Alone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

296 posts
Reserved :P
1. Initial release.
2. [20/7/2014]: Removed some useless files and fixed the bug of 'not booting' ROM.
Last edited by Forever Alone; 10th July 2014 at 11:43 AM.
10th July 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 168

148 posts
More
reserved
Lol.....forever alone😂😂😂
8th August 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #4  
Flag Ranchi, Jharkhand
Thanks Meter: 77

146 posts
More
Installation Aborted >_<
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Alone

Okay guys, so I know you want to port ROMs yourself, but you still ask for developers to port ROMs for you. I like noobs and I like supporting them, so here's a porting ZIP. The ZIP can port Any MT6582 ROM to Micromax Unite 2 without need to open and make changes in original ROM! Look great? Let's see how it will work!

1. Backup your current ROM!!!!
2. Open the META-INF folder of the ROM to port and delete lines like "format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5")" or any line which formats the partition [Do it only with Notepad++ or any other GNU editor, but don't do it with Notepad/Wordpad etc. ZIP it again.
2. Format /System and make a factory reset.
3. Flash any MT6582/MT6582M ROM in your Micromax Unite 2.
4. Flash my "ROM_Porter_Micromax_Unite_2.zip" after flashing your ROM.
5. Reboot!

~Bug Fixing guide:

1. If the UI appears to be upside down, then change a line with "hw.rotation" to 180..! If there is no such line then add "ro.sf.hwrotation=180" line in build.prop ANYWHERE!!
2. If the ROM seems to be 'zoomed' in or 'not fitting screen', then edit a line with "ro.sf.lcd_density=XX" to "ro.sf.lcd_density=213" or add "ro.sf.lcd_density=213" line in build.prop if you cannot find any line like that!
3. There is a loop in bootanimation: Just change "bootclasspath" in init.rc which is inside the boot.img [Don't ask me how to do this, just google it out!].. if porting Color OS, then newbies, don't do this because it needs many changes in init.rc.

:
Click here.

How To Release a ROM after bugs fixed!:

1. Wipe userdata.
2. Make a Nandroid backup using any recovery [CWM recommended!]
3. Upload the Nandroid backup.
4. Ask users to download the "Backup_x_x_x" folder and place it in "SDcard/Clockworkdmod/Backup/" folder and restore that Nandroid backup!!

I Ported MIUI From Xolo Q700s I Followed Each & EveryEvery Step & Whenen I Flashed Your ROM Porter, The Installationn WasWas Aborted.. I Redownloaded But No Luck..!! What to do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140808_173758.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (232.2 KB, 66 views)
13th August 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevilashish

I Ported MIUI From Xolo Q700s I Followed Each & EveryEvery Step & Whenen I Flashed Your ROM Porter, The Installationn WasWas Aborted.. I Redownloaded But No Luck..!! What to do?

Miui ROM shows this error even if you put boot.img in the ROM. Even my MIUI ROM has this error. The script is working fine.
14th August 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #6  
Flag Ranchi, Jharkhand

146 posts
More
Unable To Boot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Alone

Miui ROM shows this error even if you put boot.img in the ROM. Even my MIUI ROM has this error. The script is working fine.

miui v4.6.6 was unable to boot after using your porter.. I ported it from xolo q700s.. Hard luck.. :P
16th August 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

296 posts
Angry
Quote:

miui v4.6.6 was unable to boot after using your porter.. I ported it from xolo q700s.. Hard luck.. :P

Thanks for testing. Could you please test any other ROM from Coolpad 7295C? There is a problem in my porter obviously. Please manually move and replace the files and the ROM will boot, i'm sure.
16th August 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #8  
Flag Ranchi, Jharkhand

146 posts
More
okay bro.. i will try and let you know..
The Following User Says Thank You to thedevilashish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
hi bro can u port cynogen mod roms fro unite 2 with kitkat..
22nd August 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranilpk

hi bro can u port cynogen mod roms fro unite 2 with kitkat..

Sorry, CM is not for MT6582 and we don't have a kernel source too.

Quote:

okay bro.. i will try and let you know..

The Following User Says Thank You to Forever Alone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread