Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ZIP][Ultimate][For Noobs] Automatic ROM porter for Miromax Unite 2

Tip us?

Forever Alone
Old
(Last edited by Forever Alone; 10th July 2014 at 11:42 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 833
Angry [ZIP][Ultimate][For Noobs] Automatic ROM porter for Miromax Unite 2

Okay guys, so I know you want to port ROMs yourself, but you still ask for developers to port ROMs for you. I like noobs and I like supporting them, so here's a porting ZIP. The ZIP can port Any MT6582 ROM to Micromax Unite 2 without need to open and make changes in original ROM! Look great? Let's see how it will work!

1. Backup your current ROM!!!!
2. Open the META-INF folder of the ROM to port and delete lines like "format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5")" or any line which formats the partition [Do it only with Notepad++ or any other GNU editor, but don't do it with Notepad/Wordpad etc. ZIP it again.
2. Format /System and make a factory reset.
3. Flash any MT6582/MT6582M ROM in your Micromax Unite 2.
4. Flash my "ROM_Porter_Micromax_Unite_2.zip" after flashing your ROM.
5. Reboot!

~Bug Fixing guide:

1. If the UI appears to be upside down, then change a line with "hw.rotation" to 180..! If there is no such line then add "ro.sf.hwrotation=180" line in build.prop ANYWHERE!!
2. If the ROM seems to be 'zoomed' in or 'not fitting screen', then edit a line with "ro.sf.lcd_density=XX" to "ro.sf.lcd_density=213" or add "ro.sf.lcd_density=213" line in build.prop if you cannot find any line like that!
3. There is a loop in bootanimation: Just change "bootclasspath" in init.rc which is inside the boot.img [Don't ask me how to do this, just google it out!].. if porting Color OS, then newbies, don't do this because it needs many changes in init.rc.

Quote:
Downloads
:
Click here.

How To Release a ROM after bugs fixed!:

1. Wipe userdata.
2. Make a Nandroid backup using any recovery [CWM recommended!]
3. Upload the Nandroid backup.
4. Ask users to download the "Backup_x_x_x" folder and place it in "SDcard/Clockworkdmod/Backup/" folder and restore that Nandroid backup!!

Quote:
Please don't come to me if your phone is bricked, also I can no more test this ZIP or any ROM because I don't have this phone any more :'( my phone got stolen!
My real story: (a Meme)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Forever Alone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Forever Alone
Old
(Last edited by Forever Alone; 10th July 2014 at 11:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 833
Default Reserved :P

1. Initial release.
2. [20/7/2014]: Removed some useless files and fixed the bug of 'not booting' ROM.

srisurya95
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Default reserved

Lol.....forever alone😂😂😂
I DON'T ASK YOU FOR A PAYPAL DONATION OR TO BUY ME A BEER OR COFFEE,BUT I WILL SURELY ASK YOU TO HIT THANKS
Best Moto G developer group with 10+ developers including quarx and teammex,to join click this:-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/motogdevshub/

thedevilashish
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Default Installation Aborted >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Alone View Post
Okay guys, so I know you want to port ROMs yourself, but you still ask for developers to port ROMs for you. I like noobs and I like supporting them, so here's a porting ZIP. The ZIP can port Any MT6582 ROM to Micromax Unite 2 without need to open and make changes in original ROM! Look great? Let's see how it will work!

1. Backup your current ROM!!!!
2. Open the META-INF folder of the ROM to port and delete lines like "format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p5")" or any line which formats the partition [Do it only with Notepad++ or any other GNU editor, but don't do it with Notepad/Wordpad etc. ZIP it again.
2. Format /System and make a factory reset.
3. Flash any MT6582/MT6582M ROM in your Micromax Unite 2.
4. Flash my "ROM_Porter_Micromax_Unite_2.zip" after flashing your ROM.
5. Reboot!

~Bug Fixing guide:

1. If the UI appears to be upside down, then change a line with "hw.rotation" to 180..! If there is no such line then add "ro.sf.hwrotation=180" line in build.prop ANYWHERE!!
2. If the ROM seems to be 'zoomed' in or 'not fitting screen', then edit a line with "ro.sf.lcd_density=XX" to "ro.sf.lcd_density=213" or add "ro.sf.lcd_density=213" line in build.prop if you cannot find any line like that!
3. There is a loop in bootanimation: Just change "bootclasspath" in init.rc which is inside the boot.img [Don't ask me how to do this, just google it out!].. if porting Color OS, then newbies, don't do this because it needs many changes in init.rc.

:
Click here.

How To Release a ROM after bugs fixed!:

1. Wipe userdata.
2. Make a Nandroid backup using any recovery [CWM recommended!]
3. Upload the Nandroid backup.
4. Ask users to download the "Backup_x_x_x" folder and place it in "SDcard/Clockworkdmod/Backup/" folder and restore that Nandroid backup!!
I Ported MIUI From Xolo Q700s I Followed Each & EveryEvery Step & Whenen I Flashed Your ROM Porter, The Installationn WasWas Aborted.. I Redownloaded But No Luck..!! What to do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140808_173758.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (232.2 KB, 42 views)

Device: Xolo Q1000
State: Rooted With FramaRoot
Kernel: Stock v3.4
ROM: Baidu OS v6 Ported By Me
Mod: PurePerformancesX

Visit My Facebook Group For Xolo Q1000/Cherry Mobile OHD 2.0/Symphony W140: http://is.gd/5S1Nod

Forever Alone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevilashish View Post
I Ported MIUI From Xolo Q700s I Followed Each & EveryEvery Step & Whenen I Flashed Your ROM Porter, The Installationn WasWas Aborted.. I Redownloaded But No Luck..!! What to do?
Miui ROM shows this error even if you put boot.img in the ROM. Even my MIUI ROM has this error. The script is working fine.

thedevilashish
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Default Unable To Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Alone View Post
Miui ROM shows this error even if you put boot.img in the ROM. Even my MIUI ROM has this error. The script is working fine.
miui v4.6.6 was unable to boot after using your porter.. I ported it from xolo q700s.. Hard luck.. :P

Visit My Facebook Group For Xolo Q1000/Cherry Mobile OHD 2.0/Symphony W140: http://is.gd/5S1Nod

Forever Alone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 833
Quote:
miui v4.6.6 was unable to boot after using your porter.. I ported it from xolo q700s.. Hard luck.. :P
Thanks for testing. Could you please test any other ROM from Coolpad 7295C? There is a problem in my porter obviously. Please manually move and replace the files and the ROM will boot, i'm sure.

thedevilashish
Old
Thanks Meter 62
okay bro.. i will try and let you know..

The Following User Says Thank You to thedevilashish For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paranilpk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hi bro can u port cynogen mod roms fro unite 2 with kitkat..

Forever Alone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranilpk View Post
hi bro can u port cynogen mod roms fro unite 2 with kitkat..
Sorry, CM is not for MT6582 and we don't have a kernel source too.

Quote:
okay bro.. i will try and let you know..

The Following User Says Thank You to Forever Alone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]