Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Feiteng A7100 - Spreadtrum SC6820 - Rooted

Tip us?

Yekdall
Old
(Last edited by Yekdall; 21st February 2013 at 08:20 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default [ROM] Feiteng A7100 - Spreadtrum SC6820 - Rooted

Hi,

I'm opening this post to publish the result of some digging and struggling with a chinese device running the Spreadtrum SC6820 chip.

Details of the phone are can be found on http://www.cellphonemic.com/feiteng-a7100

EDIT: The original ROM is created from base firmware version mt6515_c910_ht_en_4.0_v01. Please be careful if your version is different as I have had reports of LCD display issues (greenish colors and ugly pixels). A a sensible approach, please never flash a new ROM without having a backup firmware. Chinese devices often change the chipsets without changing the device version, so it makes it hard to have an universal ROM.

So, let me try to explain the outcome of my work and how to flash the ROM into this device.

First of all, I want to say thanks to pogodancer for his help in my investigation and for providing me the software for flashing the device, as I couldn't get any version to work.

So, getting to the point, I have created 2 versions of the firmware:
  1. Standard Stock ROM - Rooted
    This is mostly a copy of the stock rom of the device with the following changes:

- SU binaries included
    - SuperUser app added
    - Ayu_Sales.apk (CAIVS) application removed - In case you want to know what this app is, check your mobile phone bill. If you find SMS messages sent to chinese numbers (starting by +13) that you have never sent, you now know who to blame

As the ROM is rooted, you can now mount as RW the /system folder and change anything you want.

Link to the firmware: http://www.mediafire.com/?4x9ra4y3e53isjf

2. Modded Stock ROM - Rooted
    This is a modified version of the rom I have done to clean the device from unwanted and chinese software and to add some missing apps. Details are:

- SU binaries included
    - SuperUser app added
    - Ayu_Sales.apk (CAIVS) application removed
    - Go Keyboard (and all its language plugins) removed
    - Default Launchers (there were 2) and theme removed.
    - ADW Launcher added
    - GMail added
    - Google Talk added
    - Gallery3D substituted by Cool 3D Gallery

And that should be all.

Link to firmware: http://www.mediafire.com/?8i3soi585vjvyfh

Now, for the flashing software, the link to get it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?o9km8vl287ev24j

Instructions for flashing, from pogodancer, are:

Quote:
0. Be sure to have installed the correct drivers. For my SC6820-device I see 5 items in Win7-32bit-device-manager (ADB-Composite, 2 x COM-ports, 2 x USB devices: all without exclamation marks). You can use the drivers from the package folder "SCI-android-usb-driver-jungo-v4-.rar".

1. Disable just in case your Win7 firewall.

2. Launch "ChannelServer.exe" from package folder "CHANNELSERVER" and allow firewall if asked.

3. Start "ResearchDownload.exe" from package folder "ResearchDownload".

4. In ResearchDownload-application chose firmware with first button (for me: 6820_2.3.5_c910_hteng_s5_en_4.0_v01.pac).

5. Be sure that the Baudrate from Win7-Device-Manager-Comports-Settings in CHANNELSERVER equals the Baudrate-settings in ResearchDownload-Settings (second button). I recommend 115.200.

6. Press the Start (Play) button in ResearchDownload-application (third button).

7. Turn off the phone.

8. Keep holding the "- volume" key.

9. Without releasing the button "- volume" plug the usb-cord from phone to Win7 (install the driver if not done before in step 0).

10. The process of firmware-burning should start now in ResearchDownload-application and take approximately 1 Minute. You can release the Vol.Button once it starts.

11. Wait until the firmware-flashing has been finished (A green sign appeares + "Passed" is written in ResearchDownload-application).

12. Remove the battery, wait 20 seconds. Put battery back and turn on the phone (first boot may take a while but not more than 5 minutes).
Please note that I have flashed the phone it in a Windows XP virtualbox machine and I realized I didn't need the CHANNELSERVER application, so I went directly to step 3.

And that should be all. As usual, use this at your own risk and make sure you are flashing the same device or you could get a nice bootloop.

Cheers.

NB: In case anyone is wondering why flashing the firmware instead of directly rooting it, I just want to say I have tried probably all methods that exist (even the last version of Unlock Root that claims being able to root a MocorDroid2.3.5 like this device). I have also tried to do it manually via an ADB shell, but no exploit seemed to work on this model. It is surprisingly horribly well protected. So, after many days of fighting with it I decided it could be a better solution to unpack the firmware, unmount it, modify it and remount it. And, after many attempts (failed as you may imagine) I have been able to get to these 2 working (and rooted!!) versions of the firmware.

Enjoy!!

-- EDITED --
I have just detected that there are two devices looking very similar with same SC6820 chipset, but made by two different manufacturers:

- Feiteng A7100
- TiangJI A7100

If you happen by chance to have the second one, please DO NOT USE the ROM in this post, as it won't work with your device. The TiangJI device includes a TV antenna that the Feiteng does not, so please verify it before flashing your phone (specially if you don't have a stock firmware backup for your mobile phone).
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Yekdall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pogodancer
Old
(Last edited by pogodancer; 16th February 2013 at 08:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Hi Yekdall,

you are great. Very good job. I guess I only have tried your modded version and it works great !!! Thank you very much for your work.

I am looking for installing Clockwork but I am still stock at the message "flash_image not found". Do you have an idea to solve this ?

Another less important question: I installed the Holo-Locker (beneath the Holo-Launcher), but after booting I see for 2 seconds the Android 2.3 Locker before changing to the Holo-Locker. Do you know how to skip the Android 2.3-Locker ?

Have a nice weekend.

pogodancer
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Hi Yekdall,

when you dial:

*#*#556#*#*

then a few seconds you can read "Android" but nothing more happens. Do you have any idea what this dialer-combination is good for ?

pogodancer
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default Launcher

Hi Yekdall,

I am still testing. It seems that the ADW-Launcher is a bit laggy when you have installed a lot of apps.

Do you want to test the Holo Launcher ? Is it worth to make a new rom with Holo, or should we just delete ADW from system/app and replace it with Holo, but I don't know if that works flawless ?

Yekdall
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogodancer View Post
Hi Yekdall,

I am still testing. It seems that the ADW-Launcher is a bit laggy when you have installed a lot of apps.

Do you want to test the Holo Launcher ? Is it worth to make a new rom with Holo, or should we just delete ADW from system/app and replace it with Holo, but I don't know if that works flawless ?
Hi, I have never tried Holo, but based on the comments in the Market, it could be a better option. I added ADW as I was using it in another Gingerbred device I have and it works very well.

Regarding the phone, your second option should work flawlessly. If you substitute it in the system/app folder and reboot the phone, android will detect the available launcher and use it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yekdall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pogodancer
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default AW: [ROM] Feiteng A7100 - Spreadtrum SC6820 - Rooted

Hi Yekdall,

I tested a bit last weekend. Finally your rom in version 1 (only rooted) is preferred and running.

I replaced ADW with Holo launcher in system/apps. But I did not change the locker because it seems the stock lockscreen can not be removed totally. I deleted the GoLauncher plugins also. At last I put GSAM battery monitor into system/apps.

Then installed 60 apps to the external sd. There were only 4 games not working. On the internal sd I still have 80 mb free. I also installed seeder, maybe it is useful.

All in all I am satisfied. The system is running fine.

But my A7100 has a very weak micro. Do you have any solution to make the micro louder ?

Sent by my Hero H9500 / Stock Ice Cream Sandwich

eduardoznsp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Flash rom for s6802 - spreadtrum haowanda

Dudes i need the flash rom for de s6802 SPREADTRUM HAOWANDA I TRY UPDATE WITH THIS FLASH AND MY TOUCH HAVE BEEN INVERTED FOR SIDES, CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogodancer View Post
Hi Yekdall,

I tested a bit last weekend. Finally your rom in version 1 (only rooted) is preferred and running.

I replaced ADW with Holo launcher in system/apps. But I did not change the locker because it seems the stock lockscreen can not be removed totally. I deleted the GoLauncher plugins also. At last I put GSAM battery monitor into system/apps.

Then installed 60 apps to the external sd. There were only 4 games not working. On the internal sd I still have 80 mb free. I also installed seeder, maybe it is useful.

All in all I am satisfied. The system is running fine.

But my A7100 has a very weak micro. Do you have any solution to make the micro louder ?

pogodancer
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default AW: [ROM] Feiteng A7100 - Spreadtrum SC6820 - Rooted

Eduardo,
you have another Device than us. You need a different Firmware.

ramstiene
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah Dude thanks a lot you rom but i'm agree with pogodance ADW-Launcher is a bit laggy but it's seem ok because these phone Ram its small factor with processor anyway i'm really thank to you

awandroid89
Old
Thanks Meter 205
I got a phone A7100 with SP6820A cpu model ARMv7..
can I use this firmware??
THINK BEFORE YOU CLICK HERE