New 4.4.2 Kitkat Head Unit (Newsmy Carpad NU3001)

OP alaninsitges

19th October 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #191  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Was just wondering is there any mention of what the pre out volt is ?
19th October 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #192  
Thanks Meter: 59

399 posts
Took the plunge and paypal Summer the money. She said it will ship out with DHL. I live in California so i hope it will get here by Friday.

I have always wanted to mount my tablet to my dash, but the setup is always complucated and ugly. So i hope this will solve both issues.
19th October 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #193  
Flag Antelope Valley
Thanks Meter: 7

173 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyguy

Took the plunge and paypal Summer the money. She said it will ship out with DHL. I live in California so i hope it will get here by Friday.

I have always wanted to mount my tablet to my dash, but the setup is always complucated and ugly. So i hope this will solve both issues.

Ha you sound just like me! I'm also in Cali, lemme know how long it takes
Did she give it to you for the $380?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
19th October 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #194  

399 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Reality Syndrome

Ha you sound just like me! I'm also in Cali, lemme know how long it takes
Did she give it to you for the $380?

Yeah, but paypal charged them $15 fee.....so they will be getting $365...lol hopefully they wont hold up my order for $15. Are you still debating? What made me make my decision was that in other threads they are waiting for newer HU and those HU has the same specs as this HU.
19th October 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #195  
Flag Antelope Valley
Thanks Meter: 7

173 posts
More
List some of those threads, I would like to see what they're talking about
I'm not debating anymore, but I'm low on cash cuz I'm purchasing my first home and need to put down a deposit

19th October 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #196  

399 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Reality Syndrome

List some of those threads, I would like to see what they're talking about
I'm not debating anymore, but I'm low on cash cuz I'm purchasing my first home and need to put down a deposit

Congrats. I bought my first home 2 years ago and that ate through my saving too lol. Here is one of the thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=4356

I put it on my CC 😀
Today, 02:51 AM   |  #197  
Thanks Meter: 2

57 posts
I posted a thread some weeks ago about this unit with lots of pictures and explaination about the unit a android box.
I stopped my researching after i never got answer about the unit if it is rooted or if we can do it, and when i asked what was the engine driving the android box.
The hu cannot be only a screen since there is radio antenna, speakers, etc connected to it.
Something has to drive these thing and have a driver installed.
So i asked what is the hu operating system ? Wince, Linux, ... ?
Never got answered so i started to worried about these hu.

I have a friend which is selling radio for car but do not have real android hu yet.
i will be his tester

I was about to buy a klyde unit seeing they have less problem the kgl. .. but was still worried.

These newmsy are manifactured by newmsy and they are using there own part which is better then the other companies like klyde snd HuiFei.

Whats really important for me is:
- good radio signal that starts fast when cat starts
-good gps reception
-good mic to be able to talk hands free on the phone
-obd with blutooth
- good amplifier quality. I do not have subwoofer so this is good, but i do have great pioneer speakers.
-music from phone by bluetooth with good sound quality.

Radio rds is a plus but really not a deal breaker for me.
As for sub out.
balance and fade is missing, but since there is plugs for all the speaker, this might be eventually fixed.

Anyone sees problem with my needs ?

Thank you,
Martin L.
Today, 05:38 AM   |  #198  

399 posts
These might be made to order. She said mine hasnt ship oyt yet because they are out of stock even though aliexpress list being still available. So much for getting it by this weekend.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by genius312

I posted a thread some weeks ago about this unit with lots of pictures and explaination about the unit a android box.
I stopped my researching after i never got answer about the unit if it is rooted or if we can do it, and when i asked what was the engine driving the android box.
The hu cannot be only a screen since there is radio antenna, speakers, etc connected to it.
Something has to drive these thing and have a driver installed.
So i asked what is the hu operating system ? Wince, Linux, ... ?
Never got answered so i started to worried about these hu.

I have a friend which is selling radio for car but do not have real android hu yet.
i will be his tester

I was about to buy a klyde unit seeing they have less problem the kgl. .. but was still worried.

These newmsy are manifactured by newmsy and they are using there own part which is better then the other companies like klyde snd HuiFei.

Whats really important for me is:
- good radio signal that starts fast when cat starts
-good gps reception
-good mic to be able to talk hands free on the phone
-obd with blutooth
- good amplifier quality. I do not have subwoofer so this is good, but i do have great pioneer speakers.
-music from phone by bluetooth with good sound quality.

Radio rds is a plus but really not a deal breaker for me.
As for sub out.
balance and fade is missing, but since there is plugs for all the speaker, this might be eventually fixed.

Anyone sees problem with my needs ?

Thank you,
Martin L.

They manufacture from tablets to phones. That gave me the confidence that they will eventually update our box to android 5.0. Their ways are unconventional with HU so hopefully that is a good thing for us. Ill answer all your questions as soon as i get it. Which looks to be next week.😥
Today, 01:37 PM   |  #199  
Flag Newburgh
Thanks Meter: 24

497 posts
More
Just read through 20 pages of this thread, twice. I'm still as confused before as I was the second time. There seems to be a lot of different information (and of course the usual off topic posts).

For instance :
who is buying it from whom and where and for how much?
Sub out? Working / not working?
Rooted or not?

I'd like to order one of these myself to tinker with. My main concern is the best place to order from ...price and shipping wise?
The rest of the questions I can find out when I get one and maybe then I can enter in a FAQ post for everyone else that comes here.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread